[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Shadow Priest Xrealm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Withdrawn] Shadow Priest Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:04 am 

== Personal info ==

Name : Laura

== Character Info ==

Name: Aiyko
Class and spec : Shadow Priest
Professions : Tailoring & Enchanting 525
Your armory link :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... yko/simple

== Guild History ==

During Wotlk, I played in a guild called ‘Devotion’ on Steamwheedle Cartel, who at the time were realm first on progression. I left the guild due to some real life issues, moving house, starting full time work, and had no time for wow so had to quit for a while.
When I came back to wow, ‘Devotion’ had disbanded so I moved to a guild called ‘Nymphetamine’ on the same realm. I left the guild just before cataclysm release as raiding had slowed down and people had started migrating. I assumed this was the end of the guild and moved to Outland. While on Outland I joined a guild called ‘Hardcore Casuals’ who were a 25man guild at the time, progressing in BoT/BwD. I raided with them clearing all normal modes, however once we had these on farm and people were well geared they began to leave for heroic progressed guilds. The guild went 10man and from there I stayed a core member throughout heroic mode progress. We killed 5/13hc just before firelands release. When firelands first came out, the guilds current holy paladin randomly disappeared so we lacked a healer. The guild was already using an active priest at the time as a healer, so I offered to reroll to my holy paladin to help out. We cleared 6/7 normal and after a week or so of Ragnaros wipes, people stopped showing up, the guild slowly stopped raiding and became more of a social guild. I moved to the realm, ‘The Maelstrom’ after getting a trial offer from a guild called ‘Insignificant’ (Top horde guild on the realm at the time) while in this guild I cleared 6/7 heroic and managed a few p3 tries on Ragnaros. Unfortunately the guild disbanded this week, due to the guild leader going social, and a couple of the members being accepted in guilds such as Flare-EU and ScrubBusters. So I realised it was time to once again look for another guild.

Previous raiding experience (Vanilla/TBC/Wrath/Cata, completed at correct level :[/i]
I started playing WoW during the end of TBC when at the time I mained a hunter, as I levelled to 70 not long before wrath came out, I am afraid I only finished karazhan in content. However once wrath came out I was in a steady raiding guild and cleared:
Naxx 10/25
OS 10/25
Ulduar 13/14 10/25
Toc – 5/5 2hc
RS 1/1
I then rerolled Shadow Priest for the following:
ICC 12/12 10/25 with LK heroic on 10man.
BwD 6/6 3hc
BoT 4/4 2hc
Tot4w 2/2
Firelands 7/7 6/7hc

== Character & Class Knowledge ==

Do you enjoy your class and will you play it for a long long time? :
I currently own 8 classes at level 85, and I enjoy playing my shadow priest more than any of my other classes on either spec. I hope to continue playing the class as long as I carry on playing wow.

Tell us a bit more about your class. Stat weights? Strengths? Weaknesses? Rotation? Demonstrate your knowledge:

I am currently just under the recommended 30% haste with DI, as I have been unlucky with loot recently due to my last guilds loot system, so I am lacking haste on a few items of gear.

My current rotation is (Shadowfiend on pull) VT-SWP-DP, MF until shadow orb proc, MB, then recast VT-SWP, pop Evangelism once dots are refreshed so make the most out of mind flay spamming. I then keep all dots refreshed which I can easily keep an eye on with power auras set up correctly, using mind blast at every opportunity while I have an orb up to keep Empowered Shadow buff up. Using Shadowfiend on every CD, and evangelism on every CD once Empowered shadows has been recast and all dots are at full duration.
During certain bosses I will use Mindspike x3 then Mind blast rotation, bosses such as ragnaros for add control with the paralysis talent. Or in my previous 10man guild using the rotation to help break Rageface’s Face Rage ability quickly.

Why have you chosen your talent spec? Why have you chosen the glyphs you have? :

I chose my current talent spec, as it works well for my rotation. For example, Having the % haste talents is a must, as haste is crucial for a shadow priest’s DPS. Improved Shadow Word Pain, Improved Devouring Plague, with Vampiric Touch and Twin Disciplines I believe are the strongest talents and should be taken for any shadow spec, Dots are your prio, and should be enhanced in any way possible. I have also taken talents such as Veiled Shadows and Shadowy Apparition to enhance my dps. Veiled Shadows plus Pain and Suffering means I have a really short cooldown on my Shadowfiend meaning I have it available for more burst in my rotation. I took twisted faith as it gives me more options and choice over certain stat gear, as many cloth items with hit are more tailored towards a mage with stats such as crit. For my last point I decided to take inner sanctum, as I feel this helps the healers especially in heroic encounters when there is much more raid damage. I have chosen my current glyphs Shadow word pain, and mind flay for the increased damage boost. I also have the dispersion glyph for fights like baelroc and staghelm for orb/shard soaking.

Tell us about your profession choices, why have you chosen what you have? Could you improve on them? :
I chose enchanting for the ring enchants as I gain 80 intellect from enchanting both. I couldn’t upgrade the extra stats with another profession, I could only equal them with either the blacksmithing sockets, or the larger stat JC gems. I also chose tailoring for the cloak enchant, the 580 intellect bonus from the proc I really benefit from. I wouldn’t benefit any greater from another profession such as the 130int enchant on bracers from leatherworking. Although this enchant is standard, my cloak enchant seems to proc more than enough for me to get the full benefit from using it.

Do you have an up to date offspec? Do you have any alts that are raid-capable? :

I currently only have a PvP shadow offspec, as I have a main alt, which is my Holy paladin, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/o ... ayn/simple

== Playtime & Extra ==

How often do you play? : I usually wake up around 11:30 and will stay online until around 1:30 am. (UK Time) obviously taking breaks for food, and going to the shop etc inbetween :)

Will you attend raids regularly every week? : I am currently unemployed so I am available for any raid times or days that I may be needed. If I got a job in future it would be 9-5pm (uk time) so I would still be able to raid any days needed :)

Do you have any long term commitments? : I currently have none.

WoL/UI

http://i.imgur.com/yKtz9.jpg
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 ... etails/12/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/obwi ... etails/23/
As you may see my keybinds look a little silly, but I use a Razer Naga so they are bound to the 12 buttons on that 

Do you see yourself as a fast learner on new encounters? :
I do not go into an encounter completely blind, I always read a few websites for tactics, and watch videos via tankspot, or youtube. I’m a very fast learner, on various encounters I have been given a new role, such as orb soaker on staghelm, or shard soaker on baleroc, and never made a mistake during first attempts in this role. Also for the first time last week I was asked to go up on bethti’lac’s web, and also didn’t make a mistake and came straight down for smouldering.

What are your strong sides in raids, and where do you feel you can improve? :
My strong side in raids is I am always very aware of my surroundings, you will never see me in fire for example, however I do feel this is an area I could improve on as I find sometimes I am over cautious and I feel my dps lacks a little as I am more focused on avoiding things, than following my rotation 110%. However as I have got more used to the encounters I have been able to focus more on my rotation with being able to watch my surroundings at a safe standard.

Are you able to use Ventrilo, and willing to use a microphone? : I currently own Vent and a mic, and yes I can use it whenever needed.

What do you do in your spare time, inside the game? Are you a raid logger? :
I currently own 8 85 level alts, which I spend quite a lot of time on. I also like to farm old content on my main. If I am bored of farming zuls or t11 raids on my alts for valor cap I will always be on my main either doing achivements, or dailies.

Other information that you want to share? :

I spoke to Noui in game and explained my current situation with my application. I am currently applying with a retribution paladin, Nomski, (he has made a separate application). We would prefer it if you could make a decision for us both, rather than just one of us. As we raided in separate guilds not so long ago, and found it hard to find separate guilds that raid with the same days and times. Which interfered with real life. However if you were to accept us both on a trial, we aren’t the sort to moan and whine about us both not getting a raid spot on the same day, as we would have both already made plans to be on wow during that time.

Post subject: Re: Shadow Priest Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:58 am 

HEY!! A Shadowpriest :o such a rare creature we are! And another girl to add to the ranks is always a plus to me, but I have the guys well trained :p

Experience is good, gear is ok but it doesn't take long these days, and rotation to mine is a little different, but there hasn't been a solid effective one.

You're a little low on haste (1900 compared to 2400 on mine) and slightly over hit cap.

Can you give me a reason why you've used Glyph of Psychic Scream and Glyph of Spirit Tap please? :)

How do you feel shadow is given the changes since 4.0 to now?
How do you feel with the 2 and 4 set bonus compared to other classes?
What do you feel about the haste limitations for shadow priests, and how much DI affects us?
If you could change any ability, what would you change and why?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 pm 
Casual

Last edited by Linden on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm 

Hey :) Yeah i understand i am very low on haste at the moment, but that is due to the lack of gear drops. My last guild used loot council, but seemed to prefer giving loot to the officers as a prio, so i missed out on near perfect stat items, so i kinda drew the short straw and just got what i was given so to speak. I tried lowering my hit via reforge and gemming, but i always seemed to end up 10% under cap, so thought it was better to be slightly over for now.

I took both the psychic scream and spirit tap glyphs, due to lack of choice really, I suppose looking at it now the inner fire one would be more beneficial as i can't say i fear anything in firelands lol. But other glyphs to me seem almost useless at the moment, especially in 25mans there is usually an assigned dispeller, so dispel magic and mass dispel glyphs would also be a waste. The spirit tap glyph i used back in my 10mans mainly for adds on betht'ilac and just running through trash farms. However since joining a 25man guild recently i always seem to be on the web during her encounter, and i rarely get killing blows on the trash, so i can see why it would seem useless. But i am unsure wether another glyph in its place could be anymore useful? I am open to suggestions.

As regards to changes for priests, I must say i am happy with the VE and IF not having a timer anymore, one less thing for me to keep track of :) Also the change to mind sear making it able to be cast on friendly targets, plus the doubled damage from 4.1 is much more viable and helps me to keep up with other classes on aoe packs, as you can now hit all the aoe targets, without having to worry about target switching if the targeted one dies early. I was a little disappointed during 4.2 with a few of the spell balances they made, for example increasing shadow word death damage, which is a spell i can rarely use especially considering i have the disperion glyph for a couple of encounters, and a boss is rarely under 25% with little aoe damage going on for me to warrent using it. I was also a little disappointed by the way they decreased the damage done by SW: Pain, i didn't feel at the time it was over powered at all, and now i feel like it needs a boost to keep up with the other dot damage. However on a good note, i was pleased with the mindflay buff, as it is probably my most pressed spell during an encounter, when used during evangalism i really noticed a difference in my dps. I recenlty feel like the haste is hard to reach as a shadow priest without DI, most recent gear has little or no haste on it, and most of my haste comes from reforging.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm 

I think i typed a little too much as i seemed to have filled the box :( will finish here though :P Following the DI comment, i find it hard to keep up with other dot based casters such as boomkins/locks and other shadow priests (that are using the di buff) as i feel the increased dot damage makes a hell of a lot of difference. As far as changing an ability goes, i would probably change Shadow Word Death to be a more viable execute. Maybe lower the time you can use it to under 20% and remove the damage it gives to the caster, but reduce the CD time to maybe 5s, as opposed to 10.

Think i answered all your questions :) if you would like to ask me anything else i will happily reply when i can.

Aiyko.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:35 pm 
Casual

Qrious is at work so I don't she will be able to get back to you soon :[

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:41 pm 

No worries, it can take as long as needed :) I'll be around all day, and then have cinema this evening. Plus it's not reset for a while yet, no rush ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:00 pm 

What are you going to watch in the cinema?

Make sure your answer pleases me, it has great importance for your application!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:18 pm 

haha, going to see Final Destination ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 pm 

Forgot i hadn't mentioned about the set bonuses, for me they still aren't fantastic but much better than last tier. The shadowfiend reduced CD, plus the extra fire damage, means i at least have more burst available during the rotation. The 4 set to be honest i'm not 100% keen on, although mind blast is used alot, i dont feel the extra 25% is worthwhile, i feel that other dps classes got a much better set bonus, arcane mages, and warlocks for example. I would have rather been given a less % and it being an increase to all shadow damage.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next