[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Nomnom - Retribution Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Withdrawn] Nomnom - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:04 am 

Personal Info

Name: Tim
Profile: I'd say I'm an easy guy to get along with, I enjoy a laugh and like the social part of wow aswell as the serious side. My real name's Tim, I'm 22 and live in Cornwall, England. I finished college a few years ago and have since done various retail jobs however I'm currently unemployed and considering education again in the future.
I've been a gamer for many years and would consider myself a serious one. Notably in counter-strike and wow but have also played my fair share of Call of Duty.

Character Info

Name: Nomnom
Class and spec: Paladin – Retribution
Current Realm:
Professions: Jewelcrafting 525 – Blacksmithing 525
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ski/simple

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving them?:

Guild History:

Insignificant [Maelstrom EU] – I've only been here few a couple of weeks in what was an excellent guild with many talented players. Given the chance to perform, I'd say I didn't disappoint and got a chance to raid at a higher level. Sadly the GM had recently decided to time a time out from WoW and with that a lot of core members chose to either go social or apply elsewhere leaving the rest of us to do the same meaning the guild has died.

Hardcore Casuals [Outland EU] - I've been with this guild since it was made (the week Blood quarter of ICC was released, apologies for the lack of known dates). I've been with a core of the same players for a long while, the two guild leaders are friends from a previous guild (Mystique) that dates back to SSC/TK tier5 content. Sadly as time has gone on, people have quit the game, progress is lacking and due to the nature of the game a lot of decent players are long gone so the guild is dying.

Mystique [Outland EU] - The main core of Hardcore Casuals started out here, I joined them at the start of the tier5 raiding content during the Burning Crusade whilst playing my rogue and stuck with them until Wrath was released. We cleared everything up to twins in Sunwell before lacking the players to continue with the expansion on the horizon. I left as I took a small break from wow during wotlk release and by the time I returned, they already had a stable raiding group and had no spot for me to fill. Once I rejoined <Mystique> they had changed somewhat in their lineup and a spot became avaliable and we got server 3rd on Yogg-Saron.

Ruin [Outland EU] - Well known guild on OutlandEU at the time, had been around since Vanilla. I joined whilst they were progressing in Ulduar25 but the guild shortly fell into problems with member attendance and didn't last a lot longer. The guild disbanded whilst still in Ulduar due to older standing members migrating. Shortly after I rejoined <Mystique> (see above)

Progression:

Firelands – 7/7 normal, 2/7 heroic being Rhyolith and Staghelm. Although I do have a lot of experience with the original progression raids on Shannox heroic, Beth'tilac heroic and many wipe-nights on Ragnaros heroic up to phase 3 where the guild disbanded.

Tier11 – 12/12 normal 5/13 heroic including Cho'gall 25 and a good amount of Sinestra tries.

Icecrown Citadel – 12/12 normal 10/12 heroic pre-cataclysm also wielding Shadowmourne.
Trial of the Crusader – 5/5 normal 4/5 heroic
Ulduar – 14/14 Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 in content, 25 after content.
Tier7 – Fully cleared

Sunwell – Up to Twins, since cleared.
Tier6 – Fully cleared
Tier5 – Fully cleared, Vashj pre-nerf, Kael'Thas post-nerf.
Tier4 – Fully cleared

Original Naxxramas – I cleared Patchwerk, Anub'rekhan and Faerlina during level 60 as a protection warrior, aswell as MC and BWL. Cleared up to Twins in Ahn'qiraj as a holy priest.

What do you expect from Crab People?:

After reading your recruitment post on the eu forums, first impressions were high. I liked your guild values, your commitment to end-game progression whilst members being expected to be active in WoW outside of raiding hours and the professionalism of your overall post.
Crab People's progress is the same as my current guild and I'd love to continue raiding at the same standard in a similar environment with a friendly but serious atmosphere.

Class and Character

Why Paladin?:
I've been playing my paladin since rerolling to it shortly after Naxxramas release at the start of Wrath. Since then it's been my main character with a total played time of just under 180 days, 51 of which are at level 85. I'd love to continue playing it for as long as it's viable and whilst retribution is still a valuable raid spot, I have no intention of rerolling.

Role in Raid:
Being a damage spec, my main role is to maximise my damage by understanding the mechanics of my class along with consumables and to fully understand the boss or encounter at hand. Keeping a constant high output whilst fulfilling any side tasks such as killing off adds, soaking debuffs or whatever else it may be.
Also being a paladin I have a few abilities which can help the raid overall perform to a higher standard, using salvations on players where needed, along with sacrifice and freedom. Lay on Hands also being a great 'oh s**t' button.

Whilst retribution has been changed a lot over the years and, rather annoyingly, it's 3% damage buff cancelled out by Arcane mages, I still feel it's a valuable spec to have in any raid group. Ret damage does vary between fights however, given half a chance their burst and sustained damage can be excellent. Also bringing the might buff for the melee groups with utilities such as protection, salvation, sacrifice and freedom to help a raid perform to it's potential. Lay on Hands is also a valued ability although, fingers crossed, it's not needed that often. DPS wise, it's not the lowest currently ingame and is neither going to compete against the high-end damage dealers such as rogues, mages and hunters. Taking into account the paladin is a hybrid class, with the right knowledge it can still be a great addition to any raid.

Do you see yourself as a fast learner on new encounters?:
Yes, I'm a very enthusiastic player who's keen to be at the top of his game wherever possible. I dislike failings and should I fail, it's unlikely to be seen a second time around.

Strengths and Weaknesses during raids:
I would say I'm a quick minded player who's usually very capable of adapting to whatever is at hand. I've got a lot of raiding experience, some hardcore, some not. I'd say I could improve on my patience, I have very little for people who continue to fail week after week on simple mechanics such as fire, clones on Alysrazor and so on.

Stats, Rotation and Glyphs:
Currently the strongest retri stat by far is Strength, followed by mastery → crit → haste.

Regarding rotations, ret has more of a priority system due to cooldowns on all main abilities. Whilst often situational, general priorities are as follows:
Inquisition > Crusader Strike > Hammer of Wrath (Should it be available) > Exorcism > Templar's Verdict > Judgement is generally my filler between CS cooldowns.

7/2/31 - The basic retribution pve spec, allows for 20% increase damage of exorcism, all the necessary talents in the ret tree and both increased seal damage talents.

Glyph of Templar's Verdict.
With regards to damage, this ability being the top “finisher” of holypower stacking it makes sense to increase it's damage.
Glyph of Exorcism.
For pve, exorcism is still a huge quantity of damage for any retri paladin and with the correct spec and this glyph, the damage gained is pleasing.
Glyph of Seal of Truth.
Basically giving me a free 10 expertise allowing me to reforge any on my current gear away to a more beneficial stat.

Professions:

I use Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing mainly for the extra socket and increase in Strength from the JC-only gems however originally I'd planned to level my paladin with Bsing for the blacksmith only items such as Stormherald back in the Burning Crusade. They're also both great should I become short of gold.

Offspec:

At Firelands release, I was forced into a protection role for a few weeks and so did gather a fair few bits of gear. My offspec has always been prot and I do have a lot of tanking experience dating back to Vanilla, TBC and wrath however, I'm looking to play as retribution as this is what I enjoy the most.

Attendance, time and communication

Attendance:
I'll be attending 100% of raids throughout the week and currently have no limit on which days I'm available.

Using ventrilo/mumble and confidence using a microphone:
I've no problem using either and have been using ventrilo since the counter-strike days so have no issue with speaking. I also own a private ventrilo myself.

Do you play wow outside of raiding?
I'm a pvp fan usually found within battlegrounds or arena. Also a fan of achievement points so quite often I'll just be around farming the random stuff I've yet to do. Pretty much a bit of everything! I play daily for a good few hours generally. Mostly in the evenings but can also be online during the day if there's nothing else to be done.

Do you have any long term commitments?:
No.

Important Links

UI Screenshot:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3940 ... 115754.jpg

All my keybinds as visible. All "hands" are bound to something should I need them during a raid environment. Only unbinded visuals are pets, food and so on.

World of Logs:
Phase 2&3 Ragnaros heroic attempts last week - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/obwi ... details/9/

Important alt characters:

As far as alts are concerned, I do have two 'main' alts on Outland.

85 Arms/Fury Warrior – http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/o ... esk/simple
85 Blood DeathKnight - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/o ... ski/simple

Other information that you want to share?:
Only that I understand my gear is not quite up to my actual progression, partly due to my current guilds loot distribution system and partly due to the drop-rate gods hating me. However I feel I know how to make the best of what I'm given.

I'm applying together with Aiyko (Shadowpriest) as we both live in the same property and have found raiding in different guilds, we have clashes with both raid times and raid days. We've spoken to Noui earlier this evening and explained briefly the experience we have between us.

Thanks in advance and I hope you'll be taking my application into consideration! If anything's been missed out please do ask.

Nomnom/Nomski.

Post subject: Re: Nomnom - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:29 am 

"Inquisition > Crusader Strike > Hammer of Wrath (Should it be available) > Exorcism > Templar's Verdict > Holy Wrath > Judgement is generally my filler between CS cooldowns." <--- Fixed! Sorry about that.

Concecration isn't a great dps ability with it's high mana cost and low damage output and generally will only use this as a last resort should I have a free gcd.

Also I should have noted that you cannot see my timer addon for Inquisition in the screenshot however I use "Classtimers" for this.

Edited in addition to my original post!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 am 
Casual

Very nice app. GL! ;)

p.s. alt warrior nickname is everything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 am 

TAUREN FEMALE. INVITE.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:00 am 
Casual

Orbdin ft Desi v2

personally i dont like couples in guilds, it always seems to lead to drama
but since we could probably use both your classes it seems you have a fair shot of being accepted

all i can hope for if you become a part of our crab family is that the both of you can be relied upon individually

applications look great, nothing to add

ill introduce myself ahead of time, they call me the FlowerPrincess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 am 
Casual

actually have something to add.

"I've been a gamer for many years and would consider myself a serious one. Notably in counter-strike and wow but have also played my fair share of Call of Duty."

what teams did you play for in 1.6 and cod and what was your nickname, if you didnt play at any high level u can say that aswell

weve had our fair share of retired top players of alot of games here aswell, so if some of us know you by a different alias it might make you feel more welcome if you get accepted :3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:29 am 

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:06 am 

Hi all, thanks for the fast replies it's greatly appreciated.

@ Linden - Can't really say I ever played at a top level but I played for years. Mostly friend type clans rather than serious competative teams in a few UK ladders. I've not played cod competativly at all, just for lulz. With regards to the couple comment, I can completely understand where you're coming from, I've had the same problem in the past however we're not exactly the 'fall out every other day' type so we've yet to have any drama.

@ Hid - I'm won't try and bullshit my way to impress you, I completely agree Inquisition should be up 100% at an ideal. I don't have any epic excuses prepared for the points you made from the logs, it's a shame the guild previous to that didn't use it else I'd have more logs to offer you. With regards to dying in the Engulfing, I can promise you it's not a regular occurance, some of the deaths from other tries I'm pretty sure were wipe calls.

I actually do still use the heroic t11 gloves for the 2 set. I have the others equipped as I'd been mucking about with stats. Apologies for that I'll log and change it shortly. Just another note regarding gear, due to being forced into a prot role at the start of Firelands and without knowledge that the guild would collapse I spent my valor on prot tier and offset items, regrettable now as it's set me back slightly but I'm obviously awaiting resets to boost my ret gear asap.

Side note - Female cow YEEEEAAAHHH *Brofist* :D!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am 

im more worried about your rotation priorities

fact is that TV should be top along with HoL

u don't seem to utilize TV as much as u should be doing

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 am 

Our raid log from wed/thurs this week has been uploaded since I checked.

I think perhaps on Rag I was a little too worried about failing rather than actually prioritising, it's not an excuse I know. Just an observation.

Normally I don't have any problems with the prio of TV, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ywrr ... 691&e=7002 was taken from wednesdays raid (as guild had pretty much collapsed so only had ~20 people to raid so went normal modes). I don't know whether this clears up your worries or not. If you happen to check the other boss kills from this week, I'd just like to say we were doing the meta drake achievements and so my damage is a bit wierd due to moving shannox, only dpsing right leg on Rhyolith etc.

Generally I notice on recount at least, my top 3 damage done are always TV, HOL and CS.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next