[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Shadow Priest - Meknik - Xrealm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] Shadow Priest - Meknik - Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 am 

About me
Hi first of all i want to introduce myself. My name is Martin,Im from Czech republic, Im 18 years old and currently i go to high school. I play a football in local city where i actually live too. I really enjoy watch serials, films, listen DnB and many website about wow and ofc of shadowpriest.

A little bit more information about me and my gaming history
Im very dedicated player, when i was very young i started play my first mmorpg game. It was Ragnarok, it is korean game something like WoW. After few years I ended with that and I started play counter-strike which i played at many different league like ESL in Czech Republic. I play it up to present day for relax and some fun. In these games i wanna be always best and i did everything for that. It was all about my gaming history and now move into important things about wow

I have been playing wow since 2009 but it was at private server i know it was my big mistake in my life but some basics i learnt there. I work through to the top guild called Genesis and i progressed there every content of TBC. If are you interested you can watch a few movies from our guildmaster http://www.youtube.com/user/Rippercz007

That server passed over to WoTLK and i made my decision to bought Cataclysm and passed over to official server. At that moment i realised what i missed. I exped my priest at Drak´thul EU horde to lvl 85 and I joined to my first guild at official server called PRIDE - It was 10m guild, I was with them one raid and another planed raid was delayed or canceled. So I looked for another guild and i joined in Deep Thunder. Everything was good we had 4 raid per weeks from 19:00 to 23:00. We progressed 11/13 HC. I through to rank Champion in Deep Thunder and i find many information of the boss to them.

Reason for leaving my actually guild
How can i say it, everything was good but recently some top dps quited and started here a few fights. I want to sacrifice to progress more time than 4 day per week and if boss going to die i dont want to end always at official raid end. I want to try some hardcore guild which want to have top ranks in new content. I want to meet with new people and improve my english too.

About my Priest

Gemming
I have decided to gem for most of my equip Brilliant Inferno Ruby - 40 intellect, but it depends at gem bonus if it is more than 20 spirit / 20 haste then i will go for match colors like Reckless Ember Topaz - 20 intellect 20 haste or Purified Demonseye - 20 intellect 20 spirit and for my metagem in head - Burning Shadowspirit Diamond 54 intellect 3% increased critical damage

Enchants
Head - Arcanum of Hyjal
Shoulders - Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone
Back - Greater Intellect
Chest - Peerless Stats
Wrist - Mighty Intellect
Hands - Haste / Greater Mastery
Legs - Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
Feet - Lavawalker / Haste
Weapon - Power Torrent
Off-Hand - Superior Intellect

Only what i want to say about Enchants is this. Every enchant havent got substitutions except Feet nad Hands. At feet and hands depends on haste cap without di - 2589 or with di 2141. If you usually get di and you have enough haste you can swap these enchants for mastery.

Proffesion

I have got Enchanting and Jewelcrafting for a nice buff in PvE - 80 intellect and 81 intellect - 2x ring + 3x gem

Reforging
Stat Priorities : Intellect > Spellpower > Haste - with di 2141 or without 2589 > Hit(17%) > Mastery > Crit
I usually get Dark Intend so I aim for 2141 haste rating if i am under this rating i sacrifice hit to get it, but if i am over this rating i sacrifice haste to hit.
I mainly follow Kilee's guide on ShadowPriest.com but i often discuse about it with my friend's which is play as a shadowpriest.

Glyphs

Prime Glyphs
Glyph of Mind Flay
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain
Glyph of Dispersion

I always use these three but it depends on a fight like Baleroc - there i have to have glyph of dispersion and trinket from tol barad to resistance. It is needed for take full 25 stacks of tormented.

Major Glyphs
Glyph of Fade
Glyph of Mass Dispel
Glyph of Psychic Scream - Really good glyph to Chogall
Glyph of Spirit Tap

Minor Glyphs
Glyph of Fading
Glyph of Fortitude
Glyph of Levitate

Talents

I have been using actually these talents for PvE Shadow Priest
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGkZZGbGdMzrd0fo

I think Shadow Priest have a very easy choice where to spen talent points and he cant do it wrong. Shadowpriest have a only one option where he can swap talent points and there is it between Inner Sanctum and Mental Agility.

Armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... k/advanced

Progression

Cataclysm
Pre - Tier12
BoT - 4/5 HC - Missing Council
BwD - 6/6 HC
ToFW - 1/2 HC - Missing Alakir - I had there maybe 100 pulls on 10 man, we wanted to kill it before new content but we couldnt do that

Firelands - 5/7 HC - Missing Baleroc, Ragnaros

World of Logs

You can find every log on guild logs or any at my private logs.

Deep Thunder Logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/39/
Private Logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/148686/

I have a rank on every boss in Firelands i will give you link on my best performance on every boss. I know that dps is not everything but these logs can tell you something...

Bethilac HC - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-znsuc ... 582#Meknik
Lord Rhyolith HC - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1 ... 507#Meknik
Alysrazor HC - flying - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f ... 037#Meknik
Shannox HC - multidotting - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-znsuc ... =310&e=571
Baleroc normal - On last baleroc i havent got DI so the older one - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0tjk ... 355#Meknik -
Majordomus normal - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s ... 626#Meknik
Majordomus heroic http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c6q32 ... 59&e=14959
Ragnaros normal - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s ... 059#Meknik
Occuthar Baradin Hold - with pug - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mdnj2 ... =146&e=337

You can allso see there my raid attendance at last time - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/39/character/

PC and Internet
CPU : AMD Phenom 8650 - Triple Core Processor
RAM : 3 GB
GPU : nVidia GeForce 8800GT

I have stable 30 fps +- depends on a fight.
I have stable internet but really sometimes(few per months) i have disconnect but in a few seconds it is ok

Screenshot UI and Binds

Im used to these mainly binds for a long time :

1 - Vampiric Touch
2 - Power Shield
3 - Mind Blast
4 - Mind Flay
5 - Shadow Word : Pain
6 - Devouring Plague
7 - Shadow Word : Death
8 and third side mouse button - Dispersion
9 - Flash Heal
F1 - Levitate
F2 - Heartstone
F3 - Dark Archangel
F4 - Shadowfiend
F5 - Fade
F6 - Volcanic Potion
Q - Mind Spike
E - Mind Sear
Second Side Mouse Button - Focus + Focus Target = Focus Tank and his target good for Spark at Rhyolith or Drone at Bethilac
First Side Mouse Button - Hymn of Hope
Z - Fear
R - Leap of Faith
Mouse Scroll Up - Hymn of Hope
Mouse Scroll Down - Divine Hymn
Shift + 1 - Mass Dispel

My addons which i use -

ElvUI - pack of lua settings,
TukuiFilger - debuffs,buffs
DBM - Boss Mode
Skada - Statistics of everything - dps,damage,deaths,healing...

Single target Rotation

I start every pull with a prepot --> precast vt --> pain --> dp --> shadowfiend --> mind flay 2x --> archangel --> if i have orb i cast mb if i havent im mf untill orb proc --> mb --> keep dots on and spamming mf with mb on cd but only if will be empovered shadow up

Consumables

Flask of the Draconic Mind - flask buff
Severed Sagefish Head - food buff
Volcanic Potion - pre-potion and one in combat

Why should Cráb People accept me

Know almost everything about tactics
Almost 100% attendance if I can´t come i will give you a message
I know what to do in stress situation
Very quick learner
I can take a critism
I can play on PTR
Know almost everything about Shadow spec.
I can help with tactics

My weakness

I havent got any alt
I never play as a disco/holy in raid - I dont count 5 man heroic :)

Extra

I have almost 100% attendance but on this holiday I wasnt at any vacations so Im going to vacation from 5th to 9th of September. After that I hope I can have almost 100% attendance.

If i forgot something contact me pm or icq - 268030432 or email m.halasta@seznam.cz and i will respond on your question. Thanks for reading my apply.

Post subject: Re: Shadow Priest - Meknik - Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm 

Detailed reply to come soon but

Why have you sometimes reforged mastery to spirit, and then haste to spirit? It's a little inconsistent.

How do you feel shadow is given the changes since 4.0 to now?
How do you feel with the 2 and 4 set bonus compared to other classes?
What do you feel about the haste limitations for shadow priests, and how much DI affects us?
If you could change any ability, what would you change and why?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 pm 
Casual

i think he went for exactly the soft haste cap with di

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:38 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:51 pm 
Casual

hes actually right.. when u reach that cap its better to go for mastery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 pm 
Officer

Yes shaggus but if you read what he wrote at first again..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm 

Shows the effects of haste, especially catching the extra dot tick of VT]

Personally I don't have much of a problem if it works for you though. You do a nice chunk of damage from your logs, and seem to know what you're doing. A thumbs up from me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 pm 

Sure I know that. It is from Kilee's guide where he explained it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next