[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Gulk - Troll Marksmanship Hunter

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Accepted] Gulk - Troll Marksmanship Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm 

Personal Information:

Name: Mark

Current Location and nationality: Beirut, Lebanon / Lebanese
Occupation: University student 3rd year studying business with an emphasis in banking and finance.
Background Information: I was born in Cyprus, lived in the USA for a couple years, graduated high-school in Lebanon and studying for my BA here in Beirut. I love basketball, progressive rock – metal, food and WoW. I like hanging out with friends and messing around. I never was a hard-core gamer till I started playing WoW. I'm a really competitive person but the healthy type, not a sore loser that can't accept defeat. I like to be the best at what I do, not just in game but in real life too. I'm a hard worker, I'm OCD and I'm left-handed.

Character Information:

Character name: Gulk

Class (and why): Hunter, I like the play-style, being ranged, the “kiting” aspect of the class, it suits me most, and also because is my name is Mark, stupid reason but yeah.

Race (and why): Troll

1% crit with bows – Crit being the best secondary stat for a hunter why say no to a free 1%.
Berserking- Faster shots and casts, great for nuke phases, OP dps racial.
Specc I am applying with: Marksmanship

Armory link (make sure its pve gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ulk/simple

My History:

TBC: Karazhan, full clear.

WOTLK:
Naxx, full clear, ToGC 10, full clear, ToGC 25, 2/5, ICC 10 heroic, 7/12

Cataclysm:
Joined Aspire, with them I did BoT 25 3/5 heroic, attempts on Sinestra hc, BWD, 4/6 heroic, attempts on maloriak and ODS, FL: 7/7 Normal, 2/7 HC with lots of attempts soaking and solo-ing spiderlings on Bethilac.

I've played hunter mostly throughout my WoW career. I had a druid alt in TBC and WoTLK and I've recently been gearing up a paladin who's got a prot, holy and ret set, full enchant and gems. I got a bunch of level 60+ alts I plan to level to 85 someday and my general knowledge about all the classes is high.

Professions:

Engineering glove tinker gives 480 agility every minute for 10 seconds which is great when timed with cooldowns, great damage boost.
Alchemy for a static 80 agility buff, longer duration on flasks and making gold.

Glyphs:

There are four glyphs that i usually use: Steady Shot, Kill Shot, Arcane Shot, and Rapid Fire.
Glyph of Steady Shot: 10% more damage to Steady Shot, considering it’s a hunters most used ability, this is a must-have.
Glyph of Arcane Shot: Most used filler, 12% more damage to it is a great damage boost
Glyph of Kill Shot: I’ve been testing between this and Rapid Fire and my dps is higher with this glyph, back to back Kill Shots; a good dps boost. This is also a better glyph for movement fights, rapid fire would be superior to this in stationary fights such as Baleroc, but since most of FL isn’t very movement friendly, I’ve decided to use Glyph of Kill Shot

Gemming and Enchanting:

Agility in all red sockets, Agility – Hit for blue sockets with a 20+ Agi bonus, I ignore socket bonuses unless it’s 20 agility with red – blue sockets.
I prefer the 22 agility enchant to cloak over the 65 crit rating simply because agility is our best stat, and for gloves I go for 50 haste instead of 20 agility so I can reforge the “extra” haste I have into another useful stat.

DPS Rotation:

Hunter’s Mark > Pre-pot > Aimed Shot 2 seconds before countdown > cooldowns > Readiness >Steady x 2 > Aimed Shot X 2 > Rapid Fire, i do this during the two Rapid Fire Phases and ignore Chimera Shot. When Rapid Fire is over i serpent sting so it becomes: Chimera Shot > Stdy Shot x 2 > Arcane Shot x 2 > Steady Shot x 3-4 > Chimera Shot with Instant Aimed Shot proc as priority when i have it. When the target is at 20% I just add Kill Shot x 2 to the rotation. Really simple. I usually pot again with my cooldowns refreshed during >20% phase with Kill Shot.

Stats:

Agility > 961 hit > Crit > Haste >< Mastery
Haste and Mastery are both great secondary stats too for hunters. I’ve tested out many different builds on specific fights regarding these two stats. On fights with a lot of AOE (bethilac, ragnaros, lord rhyloth) mastery is better because of more WQ procs with multi-shot, on single target fights haste is superior. At the moment, I am going with the haste soft cap of 1250 haste so my rotation between chimera shots looks something like this: Chimera Shot > Stdy Shot x 5 – Arcane Shot x 2 > Chimera Shot. With better gear, I will be aiming for 1850 haste without sacrificing a lot of crit rating simply to add one extra Steady Shot between Chimera Shots. On some fights I sacrifice all my haste and stack up on mastery for great AoE damage. It’s all subjective too, I personally prefer playing with more haste for more auto – shots and faster casts and since it makes the rotation somewhat ‘smoother’ regarding casting Chimera Shot every 10 seconds perfectly, since FL isn't very hunter friendly. I’ve spent nearly 1k gold on reforging this past week alone lol. I’m always testing different builds on my own.

Please provide a link to a screenshot of your UI. Be sure to include a list of keybindings, macros and Addons. Include a brief explination of them.

Keybinds:

1- chimera shot
2- aimed shot
3- steady shot
4- arcane shot
5- multi-shot
6- hunters mark
shift 1- tranq shot
shift 2- concussive shot
ctrl t- scatter shot
ctrl f- serpent sting
v- potion of the tolvir
caps- kill shot
`- trap launcher
r- freezing trap
ctrl `- frost trap
shift `- snake trap
g- cooldowns
shift t- trinket
ctrl h- deterrence
shift f- silencing shot
ctrl mouswheelup- cancel deterrence
z- disengage
c- readiness
t- misdierect
f- feign death
y- master's call
h- call of he wild
n- call pet
f1- call cat
f2- call wolf
f3- call hyena
f4- call dragonhawk
mouswheeldown- healthstone
shift space- ground mount
shift ctrl space- flying mount
ctrl n- agi food
shift n- flask
b- mend pet
alt 1- alchemy tab
alt 2- engineering tab
shift x- distracting shot
u- scare beast
shift 3- revive pet
shift 4- dismiss pet
ctrl r- flare
shift c- camouflage
ctrl c- aspect of the wild
ctrl space- focus mouseover macro
ctrl z- aspect dance hawk and fox
ctrl x- aspect of the pack
UI Link: I use the default WoW UI, will have a link asap.

Macros:

Misdirection
/cast [target=focus] Misdirection
I have a mouseover macro that sets a new focus, so switching MD’s midfight etc is easy.
I also have the engi tinker macrod to every shot.
The only addons I use are DBM and recount, I don’t really care about making my UI look pretty and I don’t feel like other addons would help my performance in any way.

WOL Links:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... 908&e=6262
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 581&e=1219
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 913&e=2185
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s ... 591&e=2149

Why does Crab People need me?

I’m an exceptional hunter. I’ve been playing WoW for nearly 4 years, I do great dps and I’m great at adds management – cc, type fights (shannox, bethilac, etc). I’ll prepare myself for fights, barely if not ever mess up, and keep a high attendance. I never give up, I’m always improving, I’ll always be helpful towards guild members with my advice etc regarding certain tactics, I’m active and will contribute with ideas, goals and strategies. I have a lot of gold, so I’m never not “raiding ready”.

Why do I need Crab People?

I want to experience what it’s like being in a top world-wide guild. I know I have what it takes and I want to be quick with progression.

Extra Stuff: Even though my experience is not up to par with Crab People, I will be a good addition nevertheless, for me experience isn’t a valuable thing, you can have a person with great experience who lacks the skill or vice-versa, a person with not a lot of experience but great skill obviously, and I hope I can prove that  I’m a self-learner, yeah I do read up on hunter changes, builds and all that on EJ.com and I always take it into consideration, but I test stuff on my own and will always be improving.

Contact Information:

E-mail: markkattouf@hotmail.com
Characters: Gulk, Verlith, Drdrill
Thank you for your time, will be glad to answer any question.

Post subject: Re: Gulk - Troll Marksmanship Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 pm 

UI link: http://imageshack.us/f/651/66356749.png/

very simple and boring looking, i've tried using more addons etc but i don't like it all.
Recount + DBM, all i need :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:53 am 

hey ballzar, thank you for commenting,

at the moment with the 12.93% - 1250 haste rating soft cap, a hunters rotation without glyph of chimera shot should "comfortably" look like: Chimera Shot > Steady Shot x 5 + Arcane Shot x 2 > Chimera Shot, but what i meant is, going for 1850 haste rating would allow this rotation to be do-able with chimera shot glyphed hence, within a 9 second interval. I'm not sure if this will be the best way to go assuming everyone plays with non-perfect latency and movement will usually be involved etc, but I will / want to try it out. it's always positive to try new things out. Like i mentioned before, the "safest" way to go would be reforging to as much crit as possible whilst having haste rating at 1250 with 3/3 in pathing, which I'm at at the moment. I miss-typed what i meant.

regarding your 2nd comment, I've been playing this way since day 1 so I'm really adapted to that and no it's not inconvenient for me. If it was shown somewhere else I'd have a hard time adjusting to it. I've tried different UI's, ones that are "supposed" to make huntering easier but they just confuse me, but I wouldn't mind giving it another go.

thanks for the feedback, any new comments will be answered asap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 am 
Casual

I found this a very interesting read. :

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 pm 

hey geit, i've read this article when it was released, very interesting indeed and yes i do agree with it.

the safest thing to say imo is, haste is sometimes exagerrated, personally i will always prefer more crit over haste till it gets to the point where crit shots exceed non-crit shots, and then i'd worry about haste in detail.

p.s: i will most probably not sacrifice any crit for haste atm since reaching those "haste plateus" which were talked about in the article would require one to reforge from crit to haste.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 pm 
Officer

Accepted for a trial.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]