[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Eshi - Holy Paladin Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined] Eshi - Holy Paladin Application
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm 

About Me

Name: Lynn Cuppens

Current Location and nationality: Near Brussels, Belgium

Can i speak and understand English proficiently? It is my second language and I speak and write it well.

Can i handle criticism during raids and towards your character setup and choices? Yes, I can. I appreciate any input to improve my performance or character. Unless it's not constructive.

My real life story and background: I'm a girl living at home going for her second college degree in Nursing, i have a boyfriend who plays wow aswell, Adimas. I started playing wow because of my ex, he was always playing and i used to hate it, but this one day, he was doing lowlevel quests and i got intrigued by the getting of a quest and then having to complete it and get rewards for it. I have a little OCD so i got quite hung up on the game. Been playing for over 3 years now, i joined the game in TBC and joined School Bus as a casual since i wasnt into raiding at that point but all my friends + current boyfriend were there. Gradually i started to crave raiding and more from the game so i worked and worked hard to achieve a raiding spot in School Bus, which was hard but worth it in the end. Besides WoW i'm a huge fan of series, i have lots of tv-shows i watch. I fitness, do gymnastics and i love to sleep :)

Technical Information

Internet Connection and reliability: Cable, I rarely disconnect.

Computer Specifications: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6600 at 2.40 GHZ, 4.00 GB RAM

Average FPS: 60 while doing 'nothing', around 40 (depending on the fight) in raids.

Average latency: <100 ms

Mic and vent? Check!

My WoW History

Previous Progress;

Vanilla: Havent played but obviously i have all the achievements of killing the last bosses of those dungeons anyway ^^

TBC: I have cleared the whole of Black Temple and Mount Hyjal with School Bus, i obviously know all the bosses and tactics in SSC and TK but i only started 'officially' raiding as of Black Temple and Mount Hyjal. Also cleared Sunwell with Uprising (summer version of School Bus :p)

WOTLK: Naxx fully cleared, I have cleared entire Ulduar on heroic. Same with ICC on 10 and 25 man, TOC full heroic, Sarth3D, RS (HC)

Cataclysm: BWD (5/6 HC), TOTGC (2/2 HC), BOT (4/5 HC (all but council) - Killed sinestra but i wasnt on that fight..) Cleared firelands normal, currently on 3/7 heroic being Shannox, Rhyolith and Alysrazor. I have heroic attempts on Baleroc and Bethilac.

Previous Guilds and progress gained with them: I'm a very loyal girl, i started in School Bus obviously as casual, as i wanted to start raiding, the guild went into summer and kinda stalled. So a lot of them joined another guild called Uprising, but all with the same idea of returning to School Bus when the summer ended, we cleared Sunwell with Uprising and everyone went back to School Bus after the summer to continue and wait for Wotlk. I joined Aspire after School Bus went casual.

Why did you leave/move on from the guilds listed above? School Bus kinda went casual. I joined Aspire after to get back to 25man raiding, but they got into trouble with 25 man aswell soon and after 1 reset, we had a 10man run and this might continue... Like i said i still have a 25 man dream, so this is pretty much my last chance for 25m raiding on this server since i'm not going to transfer anytime soon.

My Character

Name: Eshi

Class (and why): Paladin, my ex-bf told me that it was a versatile and easy class to begin playing with, having plate and being able to heal during levelling. I knew little about it all so i trusted his opinion and choices. I fell in love with it immediately. I like how we can tank, dps and heal and have plate gear. I started out really superficial playing this game, i didnt want to die fast and i wanted to be able to do anything. Hence paladin at the time.

Race (and why): Blood Elf, i'm a girl lol, i can't explain this is any way people will understand but i want my characters to be pretty :D all my alts are Blood elf women, except my Druid, which is obviously a Tauren, havent changed any of it since it became available.

Time played in total: 172 days, 14 hours

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... shi/simple

Prime Glyphs:
Prime: Holy Shock, Word of Glory, Seal of Insight: I think the seal speaks for itself, Holy Shock and WOG have become important healing tools for paladins. Holy shock in combo with getting Holy charges for WoG and playing a mana return part in the 2set Bonus from the current tier made it nice additions to make sure i maximise those healing spells on their own as well.
I can switch around if necessary.

My current gem selection and explain why you chose them. I gem mostly int, as long as my meta gem meets it's requirements, i go for INT+HASTE or INT+SPIRIT if the socket bonus is more appealing than just gemming int.

Stats Prio: I try to keep a healthy balance between haste and spirit. Int > Haste >/= Spirit > Mastery > Crit. I will also reforge mastery and crit to Spirit/Haste when i can.

Keybinds: i admit i do tend to click some spells working on improving that. ATM i'm using decursive to dispell, but i am experimenting with using Mousewheel up/down to cleanse targets with mouse-over.
1 = Divine Light
2 = Holy Light
3 = Holy Shock
4 = Judgement
5 = Light of Dawn
6 = Seal of Insight
7 = Lay On Hands
8 = Aura Mastery Macro (i have pretty long fingers and flexible wrists, i know it's not usual but i can reach 8 without leaving my zqsd :x)
Mouse Middle = Bubble
Mouse Side = Holy Radiance
E = Guardian
X = Beacon of Light
W = Word of Glory
A = Stun Hammer of Justice
G = Divine Plea
F2 = Salvation
F3 = Sacrifice
² = Freedom
< = Rebuke

Macros:
/cast Resistance Aura
/cast Aura Mastery
/raid AURA MASTERY UP!
/yell AURA MASTERY UP!

is the only one i currently have; am willing to apply more if needed!

General

Why do i want to be in Crab people? I miss 25 man raiding in a peacefull and fun environment where people know their place with solid progress.

Can i meet your raid times and days? Yes i can on any day.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vmik ... 492&e=2790 (Rhyolith Heroic 10M)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4lg3 ... 46&e=10624
(Best Baleroc HC try)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rtsr ... 336&e=2642
(Shannox HC 25m with Aspire)

I also read up on MMO-champion and EJ for changes and improvements and never stop trying to improve myself. I started out as a casual in this game and gradually had to deserve a raiding spot in School Bus, i feel like i have come a long way and have been an asset to every raid since then. I have only gotten better and more invested in my character and raiding, i think about tactics and fight mechanics and read up on them and try to contribute in the best way possible.

Thank you for reading and feel free to ask any more questions.

Eshi

Post subject: Re: Eshi - Holy Paladin Application
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 pm 

Gl with your apply. Plz logg out in your holy gear :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm 
Officer

Hey. You're apply looks pretty good.

How much experience do you got from 25 man raiding in Cata in general? How far have you progressed on bosses you haven't killed in FL, Sinestra and Council?

What are some of the challenges you would face in a 25 man raid compared to 10 man raids?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 pm 

First of all, sorry for my gear, i'm so bad at that..
also i'd like to add some Keybinds i forgot/ been experimenting with

F = flash of light
Mousewheel down= cleanse macro with mouseover
Mousewheel up= aura mastery macro

As for the questions:

1) Only Bethilac (n), Shannox (H), several tries on Rhyolith (H) with getting to phase 2 but also superheated and not zerging him down fast enough, Alysrazor (n), Baleroc (n).

As for my wipes on 10 man, we got Baleroc down to 19% on our best try.
Bethilac was actually pretty bad, our hunter tried to solo the spiderlings on account of watching a video of it once. I was upstairs healing, but she always died pretty fast so it was a wipe after like 1.30 min, or after one cycle where the upstairs people jump down.

Sinestra and Council, i haven't seen those fights except on video.. We recruited a new prot/holy pala when we went 10 man (just before firelands) which was inititally supposed to tank but went heals cause we needed it and he allready had experience on Sinestra as a holy paladin so in order to help out the group downing it, they replaced me with him and we never went back. We never even got to trying Council, we always figured we'd do it on a low day, but it never happened. I have read up on the mechanics but unfortunately no actual tries.

2) As i experience it from going back to 25 man briefly after a good while of 10 man, i'd say the space and the assigments. People were having troubles on 10 man seeing the fire come on Rhyolith, and it was even worse on 25 man because you could see even less. It makes some fights easier, like Shannox, others harder like Rhyolith. I also got pretty used to having a set job as a healer with only 2 or 3 in the raid. The healing assigments were much more strict on 10 man then 25 man (except for gimmicky fights) in School Bus our healing officer was a little burned out and he made us learn on our own what to heal instead of being told and holding our hands (which is not persé a bad thing), in 10 man we all had targets and if they died, that healer would be 'blamed' and i think abilities like Aura Mastery will become more personal choices instead of being told to do it when only having so many raid cd's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:05 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 pm 

Done, done and done. Thanks for the advice.

I was pretty sure i'm using my Holy Shock every CD, but i will deffo keep my eyes on it next raid.

As for the macro, havent had any issues in BG's so far (use the same bars), but i understand the concern, i have put it on alt + a for now, am practising on using it that way

As for my UI
-> Image

I know it's a little old (i"m just mostly too focused in fights to think of other things), but everything is the same way, except ofc my bars have different keybinds now and some diff spells on them, i also squeezed out the decursive thing on the right middle. I actually took this screen shot for my holy light cast time but my cast bar for instance is the size of another bar right on top my spells. I use Quartz for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 pm 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/43068481.jpg/

or just like this :x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:27 pm 
Officer

Thanks for the application. Unfortunately we've come to the conclusion that that we decided not to recruit you.

Good luck in the guild search.

Post subject: Re: [Declined] Eshi - Holy Paladin Application
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 am 
Casual

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]