Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Accepted] Millerz [Frost / Unholy (PvP)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm 
The Player behind the character

Name: Dennis

PC/Internet Reliability: Currently i've ran with the same computer over two years, and only had problems with it once, my internet is fairly stable, due it have happened before that the power in the neighbourhood dissapeared.
my current ingame FPS is 60, and usually never goes below 20 in raids when a boss fight is going on.

Tell us about yourself... (please enter more than one sentence): I'm a boy (yes it's a shock) i currently just started my 3'rd year on gymnasium. no work, basicly what i do is raid / party / school / sports

Character

Name: Millerz

Class: Death Knight

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced <--- PvE gear and PvE spec (it should be)

Quick summary of pve gear stats: going after str -> hit (to cap) (8%) -> expertise to cap (26) -> haste -> mastery -> random stats

Main Talent Spec (link to talent calculator): http://wowtal.com/#k=ffq.avv.deathknight. this would be the specs / glyphs i would use for PvE spec

Main Talent Major Glyphs:
Primes:
Glyph of Obliterate: increases Obliterates damage by 20%. Obliterate is either no.1 or no.2 on my damage done (%) which also makes it a part of my rotation and big priority with Killing Machine procs.
Glyph of Frost Strike: reduces Runic Power cost of Frost Strike with 8, this will make me do alot more Frost Strikes which means i will regain runes quicker due to the Runic Empowerment that DK's currently have.
Glyph of Howling Blast: Makes your HB apply Frost Fever, This will do that i can change Icy Toutch which is a low damage spell out with Howling Blast that i can proc to cast freely and refresh the Frost Fever.

Major:
Glyph of Hungering Cold: Makes you HG have no RP cost. i've choosen this due to it's great CC effect for fights as Cho'gall (Worships) and Nefarian (on adds)
Glyph of Pestilence: increases my area that diseases are spread. which will increase the area on fights like rhyolith that i will spread dots to fragments / liquids
Glyph of Anti-magic Shell: Longer time on AMS which will make me take less damage overall on fights like Beth'Tilac HC (after Combustion)

Minor:
Glyph of Resillient Grip: Resets cooldown of DG if target is immune, this spell is currently bugged for Cho'gall fight, it resets cooldown when you DG a worshipped person, w/o moving them from their spot. (unaware if the bug is still there)
Glyph of Horn of the Winter: increases the duration of horns by 1 min, it's really just a slacker glyph, if i forget to do horn, but it's a part of my rotation which means i does it every 20 sec.
Glyph of Blood Tap: To prevent unnessesary damage

Secondary Talent Spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... /secondary Unholy PvP spec. used to PvP with an irl friend and fun stuff.

Experience

Vanilla: Never played so didn't get any of the experience there.

TBC: I played PvP back then on my rogue, made it to 2.5k in a rogue / rogue team, rogue has since then been hacked and unavail on armory.

Wotlk: played on my Druid on a new account.
Malygos: Cleared
Naxx: Cleared
Ulduar: Cleared
ToC: Cleared
ICC: Cleared

Cata:
T11:
Normal: 12/12
HC: 5/13 HC tried all except Sinestra HC tho. (Cho'gall 5%) (Nefarian's End last phase)

Firelands:
7/7 normal
2/7 HC atm. tho i've tried all except raggy HC (Beth'tilac to p2)

In-Game:

Show us a screenshot of your UI in a raiding enviroment:
http://imageshack.us/f/850/screenshot1he.jpg/

Addon list while raiding:
Bagnon
EPGP (Loot addon in Aspire)
ACE 3
Msct (Mik's Scrolling combat text)
Omen3
OmniCC
RBF (Raid Buff Status)
Quartz
Tidy Plates
TipTac
Xpearl
DBM

Are you willing to respec to improve raid performance?: I am willing to do if needed

(DPS only) Describe your dmg rotation during a bossfight: I have no real rotation it's more of a Priority system.
i allways start with Outbreak -> Obliterate x3 to empty my runes -> Frost Striking to regain runes and then the priority starts, as if i have KM proc and within 3 sec left till Obliterate is rdy i wait, if not i just Frost Strike if the RP is for it. i keep my diseases up and reapply Frost Fever with free HBs and Plague Strike for Blood Plague. Death Knights rotation focus alot on keeping diseases up and do Obliterate if possible (when KM is up) and then do FS to regain runes.

there's also a way to do it as DK where you dump ur runes with HB / PS and DnD but allways keep 1 unholy rune up. then you FS spam and get crits that way for trinket. some say it rates higher with lower gear than Obliterate prio. tho in burn phases Obliterate crits will still be priority.

Do you have any parsed logs of raids you have participated in?: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fqy18 ... details/5/ <- From Aspire

List the days/hours you can raid: got school and homework and that's really it. so usually have time all days xD except some irl stuff comes up or a party.

What is your opinion on raid selection rotation?: i think every boss is difrent, some bosses may need special things like great AoE or great ST damage, some may need mass ranged, where some may need mass melee, i think that Officers and Raid Leaders are the ones who choose the setup they want to run with, and sitting out on a boss is nothing big, as long as the guild progresses and maybe get's a new record % on that boss.

How do you usually prepare for raids and encounters? : I prepare with having food buffs allways in my bank on alt, i atleast have 100+, having 20+ flasks at all time, if i get under 10, i will start farming / making new ones. and having 100+ potions for the raid.

What kind of PVE experience do you have and what has it taught you?: I've raided most of wotlk when i was what i would call a "rookie" it taught me the life of a healer being blamed for wipes.... then i changed to my DK which made it kinda even worse... tanks saying "OMG DPS IS SOO LOW", after hearing that i started really read up on my class, and try to get the best understanding of it. i ended up raiding HC ICC with a guild called Divined on Bronzebeard as alliance, but they disbanded and i moved to Fake DC about 2 months ago. i decided to leave them, due to special reasons which i can explain if needed, i moved here and started playing with some friends. they started to bail on me, and now i thought WTH let me try some endgaming, currently my progress is 4/13 HC on DK, but have tried both Maloriak and the twins. From there i went to Aspire and improved alot. i met new Dks and talked to them about my opinions on the DK class and i think i improved as a player from that.

Previous Guilds

Death Incarnate: disbanded
a jump to Talnivarr and were in guild with friends, disbanded
Divined: Disbanded and leader moved to Ravencrest or something like that.
Fake DC: due to some disagreements with other guildies, and not really getting along with some, i decided to join my friends once again, for a little more social playing.
Innherred gaming: were there a week, made officer, and GM + Co GM decided to make the guild social, so we left and 6-7 ppl merged with Poppin Poppers.
Poppin Poppers: don't exist anymore
Aspire: Disbanding

Where did you hear about Cráb People?
i heard about Cráb People back when i played on Talnivarr in Wotlk, i was cacually raiding with and pugged some. i went under the name Urass back then.

Why do you want to join Cráb People?
After a fews years of playing this game i've decided that i want to go hardcore raiding and endgame. i want to try to not just be in a guild that progresses and having certain members keeping them back, i want to try a decent raiding guild, where criticism is made and ppl improve.
The guilds i've been in before have been raiding, but none of them have been really my kind of style, when ppl failed they didn't get criticism and learend from it, the same people failed over and over, and it made me annoyed.

Do you have Ventrilo / Mumble?
I have both Ventrilo and Mumble, personally i like mumble better because of the less delay it got, but i've used ventrilo for the past 4 years of my gaming time.

PS. I also know my gear maybe be abit low for your taste. but gear is something that can be improved through drops (and i've been what some may call unlucky) but i will make a promise that i won't be the one u shout at 24/7 xD

please post questions if there's something you want to know :D i am here to please! <3 (Rawrr)

Post subject: Re: Millerz [Frost / Unholy (PvP)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:08 am 
and now Raggy HC tried.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]