[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Shadowpriest Xrealm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined] Shadowpriest Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:53 am 

Hello boys and girls!

First of all, let me start off by introducing myself: My name is Espen, im 27 years old and currently live in Sandefjord, Norway. Im applying to Cráb People with my Shadowpriest, which whom i`ve been raiding more or less succesfully since patch 2.3, but more about that later.

Character Info

Character name: Kahiem
Character speccs: Shadow/Holy
Armory link:
UI screenshot: (Note that this screenshot was taken quiet some time back on my laptop, which explains the low resolution and horrific texture detail. The UI itself however looks more or less the same on my dektop, nothing too fancy but it suits me rather well.)
Time /played: 163 days

Raiding experience

Well, as i said earlier on ive been raiding with my shadowpriest since around patch 2.3, with varying sucess. I started out rather smalltime, raiding kara and gruul in several casual guilds, and to be honest half of the time i didnt really know what i was doing. Right before 2.4 hit though i applyed to and was accepted into a guild progressing in T6 content at that time. This was actually on Talnivarr also back then, and the guild was called Army. This was my first real experience with 25 man raiding, and i was head over heals;). I was kicked out of army shortly after clearing BT, due to me moving and not having internet access for 3 weeks or so. Joined Catch after that and raided with them until right after Ulduar was released, and the guild started to crumble a bit. Together with some officers and players i left Catch in favor for Chop Chop then, but it didnt take long before many of the guys who left Catch with me decided to quit the game and shortly thereafter most of the officers in CC migrated to Magtheridon, and the guild went into hibernation.
At this point i didnt really know what to do with myself, so i applied to you guys, was declined, and moved to greener pastures on Sylvanas-EU where i joined Enraged Revolution, who usually hovered around the top 100 mark on various ranking sites during wotlk. This is where my real raiding started as far as im concerned, and i cleared every hardmode in wotlk, with the exception of Yogg 0 (after TOC was released noone relly bothered anymore), with ER.
A couple of months after release of cata two things happened that made me leave ER though: 1. i was feeling a bit burned out and 2. a bunch of old time IRL friends were forming up a casual 10man guild on Boulderfist-EU, the worst server in history of servers;). Anyways my plans of being casual where somewhat interrupted when i was made officer and raidleader some after arriving there trying to get some not very interrested people from not standing in the fire at least;).

Why apply to Cráb People?

Well here i am, my casual-friend-guild has more or less gone to pieces and we havent raided in several weeks due to the lack of people. At the same time ive been longing more and more back to hardcore raiding once again. I guess when you`re playing wow almost every evening anyways, you might aswell do it right. Also i`ve known about Cráb People more or less since i started raiding somewhat more serious, and have been keeping tabs on you from time to time. I`ve also raided with a few guys who have been in Cráb People and everyone has told me good things about you. Are Fame, raser and ekky still around?

Why accept me?

Im a good player, i (mostly) never make the same mistake twice, and im a fast learner. I get a grip on boss fights and find my role in a raid quiet fast. Ive got a good deal of experience when it comes to hardcore raiding and im fast when it comes to thinking on my feet. I am also NOT a lootwhore, drama queen or some such, and i have also no problem with being benched when the fight/amount of players who want a raidspot demands it.

Why not accept me?

Because of me going casual during the first tier of cata my gear honestly is quiet awefull im afraid. Ive done my best, but when ur guild isnt really close to doing most hardmodes, there is only so much you can do. Gear though comes rather fast i think. The biggest problem for you would be my work schedule, which involves a fair share of working late, which means that some night i wont be able to be online until around 22:00 pm. While im aware that this is a huge drawback, it has worked out for both me and the last hardcore guild i was in, and my old officers actually told me that it sometimes made getting other people raidspots easier the days i had to work late. That when then though, and this is now, so you guys have to make up your own minds about that.

Know thy class

I`ve been raiding as shadow for a long time now, so im fairly certain i know everything there is to know about the shadow specc. I wont bore you with numbers and certain abilities, if u want to test my knowledge about my specc just ask me and ill answer you as good i can.
When it comes to holy though i must confess that my knowledge aswell as skill are a bit lacking im afraid, out of the simple reason that healing has never really appealed to me. Sure ive healed in a few raids before and often even found it somewhat refreshing for a change, but in the end i simply like dps`ing alot more than healing ;)
I also wont bore you with my specc or keybinds, since u can see my specc on armory and most of my keybinds on the UI screenshot i supplied u with. Most of those binds are still more or less the same now, with some minor changes here and there. Most important for all shadowpriest is ofc to have skill sear bound to 1, for..well...skillsearing ofc! :P

Coming prepared

I almost didnt write any of this since its a given to me, but i decided you might want to know anyways. Im always prepared for a raidnight, meaning ive stocked up on flasks, food and pots aswell as have read up on fights and watched several vids beforehand. Ive also got a working mic and ventrilo installed, and my desktop runs wow smoothly at 1920X1080. My internet connection is, while being dreadfully slow, stable and i usually have around 40-50 ms.

Combat logs

Most recent logs can be found here:. However, most recent doesnt really mean recent, since i was last in a casual guild we werent all that serious about taking logs, and the person responsible for doing so (me) quiet often forgot:(. These are also from 10 man raiding and with kinda bad gear only, so they only tell you so much, certainly not of what i am capable of.

The end

Well, i guess i forgot to mention a bunch of important things, and if this is the case please feel free to ask me! Other than that thanks for reading all of my ramblings here, if you indeed got this far ;)

Take care and glhf!

Post subject: Re: Shadowpriest Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 am 

Hey, well I can't write a wall of text with time constrains atm, but I've just looked over your character and most things are ok. Gear is a little low, and I'm just wondering why you didn't have DMC: Volcano, as it beats a lot of trinkets currently in firelands heroic.

Can you explain your Major glyph choices please?
How do you feel shadow is given the changes since 4.0 to now?
How do you feel with the 2 and 4 set bonus compared to other classes?
What do you feel about the haste limitations for shadow priests, and how much DI affects us?
If you could change any ability, what would you change and why?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 am 

Hi.
I actually have a DMC:Volcano, was just switching around trinkets at the dummies before i logged off i guess.
As for major Glyph choices, Glyph of Fade is kinda nice to have i a raid, Inner Fire and Spirit Tap are more or less active atm because of some occasional battlegrounds. For raiding, Glyph of Mass Dispel is def nice to have and even Psychic Scream has it uses sometimes.

I like some of the changes since 4.0, others i dont really like. Buffing mind sear is one of the things i feel good about, it maybe even a bit OP at the time being, but you wont hear me complain about it. Looking in to the whole affair with mastery was also a decent move by blizzard, since mastery is actually worthwhile to have nowadays. What i didnt really care for, and this is as much personl preference as anything else was the nerfing out dots and boosting direct dmg spells. I know that this is a good thing for single target fights, but i like to multidot like a madman and pull REALLY big numbers, its what we`ve always done.

Both tier set bonus`are decent imo, i like have fiend ready several times per fight. Since i havent got 4 piece bonus yet, im rolling with 2 set t11 and 2 set t12, which isnt all that bad tbh since MF critting more means shorter cd on fiend. As for compared to other classes i dont really know tbh, i havent looked very hard at most other classes tier bonus, most of the caster tiers seem decent however, much like ours.

About haste, and the caps, they havent really been a problem for me yet. We didnt have a raiding lock in my last guild, and since im not at 2589 or around that yet im still stacking as much haste as i can. This may however change if i get my hands on a lock from time to another. Anyways, even though it has its softcaps, haste will always be a decent stat to go for.

If i could change any ability it would be SW:D to do even less dmg, since its nervous business spamming it after 25% at times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm 

Hmm, i work late about 1-2 nights a week i guess, some weeks a bit more and some week a bit less.

Shame about those 3, good players and nice guys every one of em.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:24 pm 
King Crab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
Officer

shit, its been that long? :O I just took the time periods from the top of my head, and at that point I didn't hadn't had lunch yet :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:35 pm 

;)

Btw, i forgot to mention that ive got 2 alts i wouldnt mind bring along in case i get accepted. Neither of them is properly geared, but my last guild didnt really run alt runs either. Anyways:
Blood Dk:
Rogue:

Post subject: Re: [Declined] Shadowpriest Xrealm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm 
Officer

declined

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]