[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Fisirul - Retribution Paladin.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] Fisirul - Retribution Paladin.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 pm 

Hi again Crab People. I did apply here before but choose to withdraw back then for another guild, not sure why actually, probably because I got a faster reply. (Not raiding makes you horny for it again).
Well it would seem I have come to regret my decision and would like another shot, so this is it.
By the way I used some guilds application-form. I'm not good at creating ones from the bottom up, always forget something. And even when using this I probably will so too, so that's reason enough I hope!

Character Name: Fisirul.
Class/Race/Spec: Blood Elf - Retribution Paladin.
Current Server: Kilrogg EU - Horde.
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... rul/simple

Link to WWS/WoL/WMO parse:
Sorry but there have only been 10 mans lately.
Last raid I've done: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/czbguudemg3sceos/
But if you want you're free to surf around in this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1514/ - That's all of the logs from my previous guild.
To justify, I consider myself as a good damage dealer. I've had multiple top 1-200 ranks (Retribution only though) on WoL back in Tier 11, on all encounters. My first kill on Al'Akir 10 heroic was around rank 20 with far from bis gear, and on Al'Akir 25 heroic I got rank 60 or so if I remember correctly.In the end of Tier 11 before Firelands was released I actually held a 10th legendary rank on Sinestra 25. In Firelands it's been hard to get good ranks lately because of my weapon. From current and to a 391 or just Sulf normal should be a 2,5k-3k dps increase. However I did get some ranks in 25 man. But yeah they get beaten pretty fast, also I haven't raided 25 man in 6 weeks now so yeah. But indeed I'm looking forward to get back at it, perhaps acquire a new weapon and show everyone that I'm capable.

Detailed explanation on how you perceive your characters role in raid environment:
I'll be honest with you and admit I'm no genius with maths. So to explain my rotation and choices of glyphs and gear etc. I simply follow this thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-ret ... agnar_ohs/
So to answer shortly it's currently the best available. However that said I'm no fool either, I do have a reasonable logic as to why elitist suggest this and that for retribution.And I wouldn't just go and gem 40 spirit everywhere if suddenly they wrote it, atleast not without any convincing theory :P
As my role in a raiding enviroment I like to consider myself as a hybrid damage dealer. No matter how you twist it, a ret wont only be a "dps" spec.Of course our main objective is to push max dps on whatever we're supposed. But in between that, if needed, we're capable of supporting with various abilitys.Such as all of our hands; Freedom, Salvation, Protection etc. Also healing with Holy Radiance for when the aoe on raid gets difficult.Other then this we're pretty good at keeping ourselves alive. May it be with a quick Word of Glory if it's really the difference between life and death.Or our Bubble which comes in handy nearly in every dangerous situation. A glyphed Divine Protection which reduces magical damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds with 1 min cooldown. Pretty good for shard tanking at baleroc, or just to reduce damage where and whenever it's possible.

Do you see any inefficiencies in your current gear or stats?
Pretty sure I've done what's possible to optimise my current gear with enchants, gems and reforges. If my stats were to get any better I'd have to acquire better upgrades in loot.

Screenshot of your User Interface with an explanation on stuff that aren’t apparent from the screenshot:
Not in a raiding enviroment, not much changes anyway: http://imageshack.us/f/844/fisirului.jpg/
Might not appear very good to you but I created it myself and have what I need so yeah.Keybinds: Should be visible on the screenshot. Personally I think they get difficult beyond 1-5 so I made them reset with shift. Auras are binded with Ctrl 1-5.Addons: DBM - Bartender4 - Ora2 - Moveanything - Shadow Unit Frames - OmniCC - Omen - Quartz - Interrupt No Spam - Recount(Rarely showing though) - Tidyplates(Nameplates)Grid - RRH - CustomPlayerAltBar (For example on fights like Lord Rhyo med movement bar) - Clique- RSA.
Grid, Clique and Rsa for easy mouseover with hand abilitys etc with announce in whisper.Shadow Unit Frames will also show small boss frames to the right of the screen. There wont be any clusterfuck in a raid.

Your Guild and Raiding experience history. Why do you want to leave your Guild?
Raiding experience:
Vanilla - Didn't play here sadly, even though I would have loved to do so.The Burning Crusade - Cleared everything except these end bosses: Lady Vasj - Kael'Thas - Illidan - Mu'ru - Kil'Jaeden.
Different reasons, like guilds not being able to do beat them and deciding to skip for new content. Had plenty of wipes on all of them though, like 300 on Mu'ru pre nerf, mean motherfucker.
Wrath of the Lich King - Everything except Anub 25 heroic and Halion 25 heroic. Also only managed to kill Lich King 25 heroic after the major nerf.(Mainly because I joined Consortium who was better and ranked way higher then all of my previos guilds). Spend so long wiping on him with guys from Vision on Turalyon. Did down Halion 10 heroic as protection though, was actually a very nice pug. Also Lich King 10 heroic before the major nerf.
Cataclysm - In Tier 11 I've cleared 13/13 heroic on 25 man. Well except Neferian actually, only killed him once on 10 man heroic. Because Barbarians didn't have enough tanks for him,or just couldn't be arsed to try with an offspec one, Idk. In Firelands I've cleared 6/7 heroic both on 25 and 10 man. Couple of wipes on Raggy 10 hc, didn't get very far though.

Guild history: please note this is far from all but like the past year:
Consortium - Joined somewhere in November 2010. Cleared all normal modes pretty fast in Cataclysm and got to 3/13 heroic 25 man before guild disabanded.Guild master stopped raiding cause of university and then officers left to other guilds etc. And at last there wasn't anyone to raid with, so yeah.

Dissension - After Consortium disabanded I applied here and got accepted. Got to like 8-9/13 heroic 25 man, before people started to leave. Different reasons.At last there wasn't even a team for proper 10 man. So I decided to apply elsewhere as I was hungry for progress.

Barbarians - After Dissension. Cleared rest of Tier 11 heroic and got to 6/7 heroic 25 in Firelands. Joined somewhere in the middle of Marts 2011, left thursday this week.Been raiding 10 man for the last 6 weeks or so. Wasn't really in line for the 1st group for ragnaros 10 hc as rets isn't really the prefered choice.Aswell I experienced some other stuff within the guild that actually made me abit sad, so I decided to say farewell in a leaving post.I didn't smack the door on the way out though, and that's important to me.

So here I'm looking for a new guild to call home (hopefully forever) and spend lots of hours with and clearing hard content while having laughs :)

Info on your computer and connection.
CPU: AMD PHENOMII 955 (4x3.2GHZ) BLACK EDITION.
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB DDR5.. Plays WoW fine with ultra settings. Don't have any fps-lag in heavy aoe situations etc.
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ, KINGSTON Quality.
Internet Speed: I got 20/20Mb Fibernet. Really stable and I rarely disconnect.Not the best but it gets the job done atleast.

Do you have a working microphone and can you speak on Ventrilo?
I do and sure. However I don't have the best vocal english I'm afraid, though I can understand and reply. But not like I can keep speaking for several minutes ^^

Can you meet our raiding schedule? Are there days when you are unavailable?
I can attend all of your raids without any issues. In my previous guild I got close to 100% attendance with a 5-day raiding schedule aswell.

Tell us abit about yourself: Name, Age, Where do you live, Work / School?
Username: Randominator. My orginal name since I started playing WoW, frankly after that it has become well reserved on other servers.So basicly I decided to go with Fisirul on servers where I can't pick the first.
Age: 19 - Birthday is the 19th February.Sex/Gender: Male.. Mostly.Location: Earth - Europe - Scandinavia - Denmark.. Small island called Funen.. In an insignificant town.

Currently I'm educating myself as a logistic operator, infact this have a short schedule. So I have plenty of time off, this is one reason why I play alot of WoW. Not sure what else to say, so just random stuff. Ocassionaly I like going out on weekends and generally try and seek to have fun where the opportunity bids in.(Of course this could and most likely be on the computer as well). I appreciate my closets and care for them. I know what I want and consider myself a great person, this is why I'm addicted to love and spend alot of effort in it. Currently trying to work it out with someone, but don't worry. My values look for someone just as interested in gaming as me, and this she is.
- Btw I'm so fat I use cheats for Wii Fit.

Offspec
I've chosen protection for my offspec as I like tanking, and well just being able to get fast ques for heroic dungeons etc. Also have quite alot experience tanking in heroic raids in previous, however haven't tanked anything in Firelands yet. I know the basics with rotation and what not. We're aiming for the 102.4% avoidance cap, that obtained from mainly blocking with mastery. And then keeping dodge/parry somewhat equal to avoid diminishing returns.

List of any serious alts you have and play.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... Bar/simple
Mostly a pvp druid now. But everything done on her as pve I did as bearwall, like Starcaller and Totgc back in the wotlk days.
Other then that I've theese. But I never play them anymore.
80 Puslingdk - Innervate Whore.
80 Halgoir - Spirit Tree.. Actually pvp'ed alot on this aswell. Was in an 3vs3 arena team named *Two Guys One Tree* Isn't that cute?
80 Parvus - Moving Armor Statue @Bøllemis.. Hate playing her, mostly because I never understood how to dps with a warrior, laugh.

Anything else you want to tell us that might impact our decision?
Give me a try and I'll show you that I'm capable of this. I know what it requires to raid end game on a hardcore level. I've spent so many years on this game, all if it for a reason. That I can feel confident with offering myself to a guild. That I can be satisfied raiding amongst some of the best players in the world, it's what I want.

Why us?
I think you're great guild with overall good ranks in most tiers, shows you're really something I hunger for.
And you seem like a really nice bunch. Your forum looks nice and easy, and it seems active with alot of topics going on, personally I'm used to dead forums, abit boring.
You take pride in your former accomplishments, and so everyone should. And care enough to fraps encounters and create a beautiful video out of it, I want such memories, videos and screenshots, for when someday I'm looking back at my WoW career, it would be nice to have such things and just know you were part of it, and accept that theres reasons why I miss all of it!

I think that should be all. Thank you for this opportunity and I hope you enjoyed reading my application. Personally I had fun writing it. Thanks once again, and please feel free to ask if theres anything at all you question.Goodluck to you no matter how this goes.

Kind Regards - Fisirul.

Post subject: Re: Fisirul - Retribution Paladin.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 pm 

couple of questions b4 my final answer

-1) why no apparatus ? that should be massive upgrade considering u have outdated t11 weapon compared to essence

-2) from your logs (10man ones) i've seen inqui uptime 91% on bale, only 82% on domo
on bale thats fine since if u have to move out with countdown or have to move around, but on domo should be close to 95%
u also didn't prepot on those fights, it boosts your dps quite a bit, especially if u use stuff like 4 pieces of t11 (prot) for 50% xtra time on GOAK

-3) do u have 4 pieces of t11 (prot)?

-4) only 1 nef kill only 2 months ago, but sinestra kill was on 17th of may (a bit curious how does guild kill sinestra but now nef, what happened there etc ? )

-5) are u using zealotry and wings at same time ? if u do why have em on diff key binds ?

-6) what is your rotation prio

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 am 

So many shiny letters :roll: Gl with apply :p

[23:06:15] [G] <Away>[85:Boui]: afk im watching tv and i just went to the toilet and got a candy \o/
[23:42:08] [R] [85:Zeanae:4]: Fatality: ElfĂ˝ > 154k FALLING [Unknown]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 am 

Bling Bling GL with app

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 am 

about the weapon i guess u've been unlucky (9 rag + 9 shannox hc kills)
383 mastery from essence is nice, but str > mastery, so i'd roll with hor + apparatus
apparatus beats all trinkets by miles if u use it well, from my own experience

i was thinking about 4 tier 11 PROT pieces : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39QeVlWfrDE (this is the reason)
if u prepot like this u will have pot for 65% of the duration of your GOAK + Zealotry
all cd's will expire at same time pretty much and u will be able to refresh your inquisition with last crusader strike during zealotry

and about the last one, i was thinking something more like

3hp inqui > 3hp TV > HoW > CS > Exo as priorities in your rotation
not how your actual rotation looks like, perhaps i should have phrased myself a bit better

should add pally power to your addon list too so u can rebuff when ppl die

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 am 

Thanks all.
You get me wrong. I did offer to try and tank it on heroic but I didn't have much experience on the heroic fight, even as retribution. Anyway frankly it sounded like they just hated that fight totally. Don't know how else to explain?

Very unlucky yes, I've been 1st on dkp in line for a weapon ever since our first heroic shannox (Where it actually dropped). Since then, on all of my kills there haven't been any weapon whatsoever, ironic isn't it <.<
- I guess I should give Apparatus a chance then, thanks.

Indeed you're a genius, was like "Huh?" Then it hit me, also the only reasonable explaination I could come up with =) Silly I haven't thought of that before. But I went to test it out asap after I understood and made gear macros etc, love you.

Alright. Well yeah keeping Inq up is very important. 3hp TV is really strong with the holy damage added from mastery. HoW because of the increased critical chance. And I try to have CS on cooldown before I hit any instant proc from Exo. Hard to explain, it's just in my fingers sort off.

I have my buffs keybinded. And I'm the type of player that rebuffs everytime someone is ressed.
Imo pallypower isn't really needed anymore with 1 hour buffs and them being raid-wide, when cast.

Thanks once again Hid, you're awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 am 

u can transfer over b4 next reset

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next