[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined]Protection Paladin Xrealm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined]Protection Paladin Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:22 pm 

Introduction

My Name is Kasper Lange. Im 24 years of age, and is currently seated in a small town bout 40 km outside of Copenhagen, Capitol of Denmark.
At the moment i am prepearing to study at Fr.Sund Business School, which allows me to perform one of the most doll jobs in the world. I.e. Sitting in an office 24/7.

Never the less this is the way ive choses to go so to hell with it. Im a fairly relaxed fella, who rarely gets upset, and enjoy interacting with other people Realife as well, as on the Intercom. Im my spare time i play football in the local club where beers is more of a reason to play than the actual sport, but saner heads will claim that exercise doesnt hurt much either. Am i good at it? Not rly... Besides this I spend a whole lot of time painting.
Ive discovered an intrest in this when i was in fourth grade or sumthing like this, and ever since then its just kinda stuck with me. Without a doubt im an amateur, and Van Gogh would proberply laugh at my face if the fucker wasnt dead, but i enjoy it, and find it looking somewhat decent.

Tubbhs - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced

- Is the name of my Character. Ive been playing a Paladin as a main ever since The Burning Crusade was launched and ive lived it and loved it. Playing a Utility Class like a Paladin provides a great amount of adversity.
You can do your job in a raidenvironment (Most of the time that being a tank in my case) and outside raids u can faceroll a bit in your offspecs, which means u never grow tirred of this very awesome class.

I started playing this game in the end of Vanilla, so i didnt really do much in this expansion set, besides learning the game and emoing a bit, over troubles finding certain quests. When the Burning Crusade came out i lvl'd a Paladin fairly fast, and began dungeoning a bit with it. Back then i wasnt very keen on Pugs, but they were pretty much the only option i had, as i wasnt in any guild worth mentioning, so i consider this the time when i paid my dues. Fortunantly I was so lucky that in one of these pugs i established a relationship to another player, and for a month or so we did random stuff together. Me and hes alt. All of the sudden he asks me of id like to try raiding on a proper level, and with me not knowing what a proper level really was, I was intrigued.

I joined the guild Flare, which would later become Flare EU. Back then the Guildmaster was a Boomkin Called Beatriks. And just so happen to be this was the guy i did some random stuff with. Ive been in that guild ever since, and when Ulduar was Launched Akuun (on forums) and Neidral (ingame) Qitarah (back in Ulduar) joined in. This is the guy managing the guild these days. With this guild i participated in kills including: (and Im only gonna name the instances that actually required half a brain, in a little detailed mode)

The Burning Crusade:

-> Black Temple 9/9

- Illidan [Cleared]
- Mother Shahraz [Cleared]
- Lady Malande [Cleared]
- High Warlord Najentus [Cleared]
- Teron Gorefiend [Cleared]
- Gathios the Shatterer [Cleared]
- Veras Darkshadow [Cleared]
- Gurogg Bloodboil [Cleared]

-> Mount Hyjal 5/5

- Kaz Rogal [Cleared]
- Azgalor [Cleared]
- Anetheron [Cleared]
- Rage Winterchill [Cleared]
- Archimonde [Cleared]

-> Serpentshrine Caverns 6/6

- Hydross the Unstable [Cleared]
- Morogrim Tidewalker [Cleared]
- Fathom-Lord Karathress [Cleared]
- Leotheras the Blind [Cleared]
- Lady Vashj [Cleared]
- The Lurker Below [Cleared]

-> Gruul, Maggy and Karazhan [Cleared]

-> Tempest Keep 4/4

- Al'ar [Cleared]
- Void Reaver [Cleared]
- High Astromancer Solarian [Cleared]
- Kael'thas Sunstrider [Cleared]

-> Sunwell Plateau

- Kalecgos [Cleared]
- Brutallus [Cleared]
- Felmyst [Cleared]
- Eredar Twins [Cleared]
- M'uru [Cleared/Prenerf]
- Kil'jaeden [Cleared/Prenerf]

Wrath of the Lich King:

-> Naxxramas, Onyxia's Lair, The eye of Eternity, Vault of Archavon, and Obsidium Sanctum [Cleared]

-> Ulduar 14/14

- Flame Leviathan [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Ignis the Furnace Master [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Razorscale [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- XT-002 Deconstructor [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- The Assembly of Iron [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Kologarn [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Auriaya [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Mimiron [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Freya [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Thorim [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Hodir [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- General Vezax [Cleared Normal/Hm]
- Yogg-Saron [Cleared 0 Lights EU-70]
- Algalon the Observer [Cleared]

-> Trial of the Grand Crusader 5/5

- Insanity [Cleared]

-> Icecrown Citadel 12/12

- Lord Marrowgar [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Lady Deathwhisper [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Gunship Battle [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Deathbringer Saurfang [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Festergut [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Rotface [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Professor Putricide [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Blood Prince Council [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Blood-Queen Lana'thel [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Valithria Dreamwalker [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Sindragosa [Cleared Normal/HC
- The Lich King [Cleared Normal/HC - 10 man HC - EU 41 / 25 man HC - EU 34 ]

-> Ruby Sanctum 1/1

- [Cleared / 25 man HC Halion - EU - 38 ]

- About a few weeks after Halion came down the first time, i had an opportunity to get a job as an insurrance guy. Thinking i had achieved what i wanted in world of warcraft i decided to stop playing in order to be able to pay a 100% focus to this new job. But i knew that i was fairly addicted to the game at this point and therefore i decided to sell my account for a symbolic amount to an ingame friend, so that i couldnt be tempted. This worked out just fine, unfortunantly my Jobsituation did not, and here i am with a new Paladin lvl'd in Cataclysm, and with proof of very limited Raidexpirrience. Obv theres no guarantee im not lying, but as mentioned earlier, Akuun ( On http://forum.flare-guild.com/ Forums), Neidral - Ingame is the Current GM, and unless he has some reason be mad at me, I think he'd be happy to vouch for my accomplishments. Current raidexpirrience on this Paladin, which have NOT been an active raider just doing occational pugs, untill in Firelands I joined a semidecent guild just to have a place to be untill i found a more permanent solution:

Cataclysm

-> Bastion of Twillight 4/4

- Halfus Wyrmbreaker [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Valiona and Theralion [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Twilight Ascendant Council [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Cho'gall [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]

-> Blackwing Decent 5/6

- Magmaw [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Omnotron Defense System [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Chimaeron [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Atramedes [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Maloriak [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]
- Nefarian [Uncleared]

-> Firelands 7/7 normal / 6/7 HC

- Beth'tilac [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Lord Rhyolith [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Alysrazor [Cleared, on Normal/HC ]
- Shannox [Cleared Normal/HC]
- Baleroc [Cleared, on Normal/HC ]
- Majordomo Staghelm [Cleared, on Normal/HC ]
- Ragnaros [Cleared, on Normal ONLY ]

Spec, Rotation, reforgeing, gemming and Keybinds

- My spec is pretty much selfexplanitory. When raiding theres pretty much only one spec to go at, the reason i havent put any points into Hallowed ground is due to the fact that concecration is used WAY less than previously, and is now only being used as a secondary filler. This spec allows the best mitigation, and avoidance, whilst also emphasizing your tps output. Persuit of Justice is a musthave due to the increased movement speed. This can often be a lifesaver.

- As opposed to WotlK where Protection paladins went by the 9-6-9-6-9 rotation theres no longer a direct rotation as much as there is a spellprio.

Therefore the spells i use (Assuming Sacred Duty is up) is - SoR with 3 HP, CS, whenever off CD, AS, and Judgement. Is Fillers needed i use Concecration and Holywrath, but fillers is a rare thing these days cause of procs. If Sacred Duty isnt up, I throw in a Judgement if off CD, or a Avenger shield if procc'd as the 100% crit is quite nice.

- I have reforged all my items into either Expertise, Mastery or Dodge. In that order of prio also. Getting 16 expertise (if you have Glyph of seal of truth) is fairly easy, and weighed up against the very low percentage of mitigation u get insteadt ive choses to go with the tps boost. A matter of taste if you ask me.

So once at 26 Exp with Seal on, i look towards Mastery. This stat is the best ever, and help Paladins being as good and effective they are. So stacking this is a nobrainer. Unfortunantly i cant reforge into mastery on an item that already posseses this stat. If i could i would. So instadt of just leaving the item alone, im trying to balance Parry and dodge due to the Diminishing returns on these, often resulting in reforgeing Parry directly into Dodge.

- Gems mirrors my choice of reforging quite well. Socketbonusses is too good to miss out on, so in Yellow / Prismatic Sockets i use Fractured Amberjewel (40 Mastery). In blue sockets Puissant Dream emerald (20 Mastery / 30 Stamina ), and in red sockets i use Fine Ember Topaz (20 Parry / 30 Stamnia).

- It goes without saying that if you play a Paladin, you NEED keybinds, (very much unlike an Arcane mage) jk. In order to aid raidmembers and myself i find it nessescary to use a ton of Keybinds in order to quickly react to certain situations, hopefully, and maybe preventing a death. Some of the more important ones :

- 1 -Crusader Strike
- 2 -Hammer of the Righteous
- 3 -Shield of the Righteous
- 4 -Holy Wrath
- Q -Hammer of Wrath
- E -Rebuke
- G -Concecration
- R -Avengers Shield
- F -Judement
- T -Reckoning

-S1 -Divine Protection
-S2 -Guardian of the Ancient Kings
-S3 -Ardent Defender
-S4 -Lay on Hands
-SE -Holy Shield
-SG -Hammer of Justice
-SB -Hand of Protection
-SQ -Divine Guardian
-SF -Hand of Freedom
-ST -Word of Glory
-Ctrl-C, - HealthStone

-F1 -Hand of Salvation
-F2 -hand of Sacrifice
-F3 -Holy Radience

Mousebutton 1 - Mount (cause im lazy when it comes to that)
Mousebutton 2 - Righteous Defense

Besides that ive got a few helpfull macros, for instace:

#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

When spamming this resets mosts Debuffs pressent on me, without risking the boss or mob runs off to other people borthering them, and:

#showtooltip Divine Plea
/cancelaura Divine Plea
/cast Divine Plea

To gain 3 free holy power every other minut.

So why do i whish to Join?

I dont know if i do. This very much depends on the tone in the raids. As you mention yourself this game is about having fun when it comes down to it, and I for one am not a fan of people raging out like mad men if someone makes a mistake. When raiding at the level you do, I did, and hopefully will again, people shouldnt make many mistakes. We're humans afterall and distractions may occur. They're a pain the arse for the remaining 24 people, but they do occur. If someone consistantly makes the same mistake, he or she shouldnt even be there in the first place, so insteadt of raging replace him for the night and grab a chat with him after the raid. That was the policy in Flare, and it worked like a Charm.

[b]What can I bring to the Table?[/b]

Im not naiv enough to believe im gods gift to world of warcraft. Theres a ton of good players out there, and there will always be someone better than you. Wtih this being said though, i DO consider myself as one of the greener apples on the trees. I have a good raidawareness with helpfull cooldowns to other people, and unless i have my girlfriend performing interesting things on me underneath the table, i dont tend to die to stupid things. Being a Tank is not that hard but it often requirres a bit more focus. We die, you all die!

I try my best to analyze fights in progress, seeing if we can moderate a little thing or two making it a bit easier for a few people, and i speak up (most of the time after the raid). Theres a very good Chance your healers will grow a bit tired of me, as i constantly yells for Cooldowns, cause theres really not any idea in not using them.

I communicate alot, letting melee, healers, u name it, know where i move, (on shannox for instance, so the melee fuuckers wont tilt over to cleave).

Goes without saying i come with consumeables and shit like that, and i stay tunned on various Forums reading about therorycrafting, Boss tactics and whatnot. I even did that when i didnt play. GJ me. So anyways. I'd consider myself a stable addition to your roster, hopefully over the next couple of years , after that i dont know whats gonna happen with my RL.

Addons and helpful Tools

Erhm... A link to UI first i guess:

http://imageshack.us/f/18/wowscrnshot080711214306.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/26/wowscrnshot080611025910.jpg/

As you can maybe see i use all the "must have" addons such as:

Grid, Omen, DBM, and BIGWIGS. Also when playing this game as much as i do id like it to be pretty to look at so in my eyes it is.

Grid, is mainly used to taunt off people on Trash, or to faster salv, sadcrifice, or BoP them.

Other than that i use an addon which helps me track Sacred duty amongst other things.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6 ... details/8/

Closing statement

I think ive said what needed to be said. Should i have left out a small detail i hope u wont emo and instadecline rather than just ask for it. Id be glad to answer. I can be reached on the forums here obviously, and also by mail: Koreanimport87@gmail.com.

Lastly... I Fuucking Love Taylor Swift !

Post subject: Re: Protection Paladin Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 pm 
Officer

for start, log out in pve gear

KEEP IN ON TOPIC, I'll just delete the rest of random replies again.

Post subject: Re: Protection Paladin Xrealm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:09 am 

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]