Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Shadow Priest xrealm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 am 

Real Life Information

Real Life Name: Hans
General Interests/Hobbies:I like to hang out with friends and just chill in weekends, like saturday. Other than that i play WoW, go to school from 0745-1505 and i have most of day off. Tuesdays and Thursdays i start school at 0915 and end at 1315
Do you have a solid internet connection/computer? my network is really solid. I rarely have any trouble with the connection. I use cable to prevent any connection issues.

Computer:

CPU: Intel core i7-930 2,9ghz (unclocked)
GPU: Nvidia gtx 480 1,5 gb
Memory: 4gb corsair dom

Attendance
I dont have anything on my scedule that can crash with the raid scedule. I have school at daytime and i have whole day/evening off. In weekends i will be able to play also. Most likely i will have close to 100% attendance. Only reason i would not come for raid, is if i got some really bad irl issues (like injury f.ex) but anyways i would try to let you know before.

[color=#0000FF]Communication[/color]

I have Ventrilo, teamspeak and mumble latest versions installed on computer and i have a headset with good working microphone.

Language

I understand the british language. I have raided with briths for a long time and i dont have any problems with it. I understand most accents. I have been talking to people from other countries all over the world since i started playing the game, atleast until now this havent been a problem.

Progression Raids
I prioritize coming to a progression raid infront of coming on a wednesday for a farm raid. The reason for that is that i dont care to much about getting my items if we can progress. Progress is one of the main reasons i still play the game to be honest.

About my Character

I have raiding experience to back in Ulduar (patch 3.1.0) on my priest. Back then i was not raiding with a hardcore guild, more like a Semi-hardcore guild. <Frostmourne> @ Sylvanas. We did all bosses up to and including Freya on hardmode, if im correct. couple weeks went by and the guild started slacking, we did not have any raidleaders so i quit there and i went to <Federal Bureau of Moo> @ sylvanas. This was one of the best guilds i have played for to be honest, it had really good raiding atmosphere. good leaders, and good players in general. I think we got realm 2nd or 3rd on Lich king 25 normal. But when the heroic started it didnt go aswell as expected. We lost some of our core raiders and officers. Alltho during Icecrown citadel we managed to take down 11/12 heroic 25man.
When Cataclysm hit i wanted to go more hardcore. I transfered my priest to Ragnaros, where i joined a guild <Brotherhood> to start on normal raiding 4,1. Even before we had started raiding they decided to convert their 25man guild into a core 10man group. Some other people from that guild asked if i wanted to go with them and make a 10 man guild. <Pressure>, we cleared 4.1 normal content quick, with people who had really good attendance. After we cleared normal, we was starting heroic modes, at this time the attendance began to lack, we didnt have a raiding setup to raid proper with, and it didnt go very well. Everything ended with a guild disband. I went back to play on Sylvanas. Joined <Kill loot repeat> and stayed there for i dont know, maybe a month. The reason for short stay was that i didnt really got a raid spot at all. They had allready like 8 core healers and i was pretty much benched 5 hours a day 5 days a week for a month or so, this was a bit frustrating.
One friend of mine told me that his friend (shamurk @ sylvanas) was making a 10 man guild aiming for high ranks,<Magnitude>. i talked with this Shamurk guy and he told me that he was in need of a shadow priest. I said to him that if he needed shadow priest to get ranks i would play shadow. So i joined him (abit late into 4,2) We cleared normal content in 2 raids. I geared up as shadow, played there for a while, some nice people, got to know them really good. After a while Shamurk wanted us to merge with another guild on Sylvanas, <Coheed>, We merged with them 6 from our guild and 4 from their. I think we had one raid if i am correct. We cleared 2 heroic bosses only and then the guild officers went like flaming eachother blabla. Ended with a guild disband the old people from Magnitude spread around to other guilds and some of them transfered, Someone quit. I didnt know what to do really, i looked around for guilds, and i found Zenedar being a good server for Horde PvE. I made an application to <Showdown> seeing that they were in recruitment of holy/disc priest. Also there were 2 other priests. i think 9 healers in total. I raided with them, killed 4 bosses, the rest of the bosses (baleroc and Alysrazor) i was swapped cause of loots) and it was okay. But the problem was that they had like 8 healers cored, and we had like 36 signups for raids, which made the bench full. I think we had like 8 raid groups. And it was kinda overcrowded. I talked with an officer about it and he told me that the guild had to prioritize raiders/cores infront of trials and he told me that he had to fail my trial. He told he was sorry etc. I said to him okey and that i werent gonna stay for casual cause i want to progress and play world class. I left the guild.

Gear, Stats, Reforges, Enchants, Gemming, and Professions

I try make sure every single item i have includes haste, as i get hit from spirit. I got the hit cap mostly from my spirit items. And after hit cap i am going for maximize haste > Mastery > Crit. Some shadow priest goes for crit instead of mastery, but i prefer mastery for some reason. I have read around and heard alot of stuff but at the end its about invidual choices when it comes to theese stats.

I reforge crit > spirit/haste/mastery
I reforge mastery> spirit (if needed)
I reforge Hate > spirit (if needed)
I reforge Spirit > haste if i am above hit cap

Head > Hyjal enchant: Crit and intellect
Shoulders> Therazane: Haste intellect
Cloak > Lightweave embrodery (tailoring)
Chest > 20 all stats
Wrists > 50 intellect
MH > power torrent
OH > 40 intellect
Gloves > Greater Mastery
Legs > Intellect spirit
Feet > Lavawalker > increase run speed + 35 mastery
40 intellect on both rings (enchanting)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/angered.jpg/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1n0de ... 856&e=7103 was pretty much on tank entire fight. Playing as discipline on tank whole fight

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/Hanss/advanced

How can we contact you, other then this application? Ingame: Hanss Skype: Bestpriesteuhereiam Mail: speltkar_45@live.no

Why do i want to join Crab People and why should you recruit me? What makes me the perfect player for you to recruit?

I want to join Crab people basicly because i want to be able to play world ranks, and progress for world ranks. I think that Crab people have possibility to do that. I want to be a part of a raiding team that really work to get ranks and work to do progress on any encounter. I want to raid with Crab people because its a mature guild and its a guild with high ambitions.
You should recruit me because i am a guy who want to progress with you and do world ranks, i have close to 100% attendance and i really rarely miss any raid, I want to be there on progress raids and i offcourse prioritize a progress raid infront of a farm raid. I want the guild to be able to do progress at the raid times set. I am a flexible player that works hard to be better in every aspects. I stay updated to whatever is happening/getting changed with priest. (specially before patches) I try to preform as good as possible doesnt matter what fight or which condition i am in i do my best.
I am coming prepared for raid with consumables for 10h+. I got flasks pretty much all kinds, food buffs. I can cook feasts. I am trying to consume as much information about an encounter before ever actually attempting it.

170 days played

Thank you for reading my application, i hope you didnt get to bored.

Hanss

Post subject: Re: Shadow Priest xrealm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 am 

Hey,

Firstly do you have any logs? Your current one is a copied forum link so has no forwarding address. Any chance of a shadow one since that's how you're applying?

Your gear is a bit behind most of the people in the guild now (although all the bosses are on farm mode, so right now isn't so important). It does seem however you're hiding some gear as your current equipped is far lower than your highest ilvls, is it PvP gear or do you have better Disc gear?

Now that the tier 13 set bonuses are up, will you be doing anything differently in order to make the best use of them?

Since 4.0, what do you feel about the changes that have happened to Shadow Priests and how it affected us?

In firelands, some classes outperform, or have an important duty. In firelands, where do you feel we are needed.

If you could change any spell for shadow priests, what would it be and why?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm 

Thank you for quick reply Qrious

I dont have any logs i am afraid. I have been playing healer / shadow in 4.2 and the latest i have is for discipline. But will be running logs tonight i think and i will update you then on.

Your gear is a bit behind most of the people in the guild now (although all the bosses are on farm mode, so right now isn't so important). It does seem however you're hiding some gear as your current equipped is far lower than your highest ilvls, is it PvP gear or do you have better Disc gear?

I have some items in bank, like gloves and trinket from rag normal. Alltho i dont use them because i dont think they are the best choice for me tbh.

Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die.

Shadow, 4P -- Your Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions have a 100% chance to grant you 3 Shadow Orbs each time they deal damage.

The 2set bonus im not completely sure how good it will be to insert in my rotation when the target is above 25% health. I think actually that i might loose my dps with Shadow word death in the rotation. But for sure i will keep it on CD when target is below 25% health.

I basicly started playing shadow in end of 4.1/start of 4.2 and before that i have been healing. But to be honest i think that shadow priest is a bit more "challenging" and fun to play now than it was before in Wrath of the Lich king.

In firelands, some classes outperform, or have an important duty. In firelands, where do you feel we are needed. Ragnaros (traps and dps) Alysrazor (up in the air) Baleroc soaking with dispersion glyph

If you could change any spell for shadow priests, what would it be and why? I would like Vampiric touch to have very short cast time or even be instant.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:47 pm 
Casual

I just checked your gear and it seems you're over the soft haste cap (which is 2737)
I'm pretty sure the rag normal trinket will boost your dps by alot since int is your main stat, you can swap Fiery Quintessence for it and reforge some mastery/crit to spirit/hit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm 

Yeah i have been speculating this with my self. Like the intellect from Rag trinket is really nice, but the chance on crit thingy imo is not that good. I would prefer getting the Necromatic focus from baleroc heroic to be honest. But yes the intellect from ragnaros trinket is a lot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:31 pm 

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1n0de ... 856&e=7103

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... s/advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:40 pm 

I have a majordomo normal 10 man vid for a while back, my PoV. It was the start of 4.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFn8GwODPw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 am 
Officer

Accepted on trial, transfer over, next main raid on Wednesday the 5th.

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Shadow Priest xrealm
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:16 pm 

Transfer today, should i contact officer ingame when arrived?

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Shadow Priest xrealm
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:17 pm 

yes.