[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Duo Application - Marks Hunter and Resto Druid

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Withdrawn] Duo Application - Marks Hunter and Resto Druid
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:57 pm 

This application is a duo application by two good friends, if this is a problem, we can easily make separate applications although we come as a package kind of deal.

Personal Information:

Names:
Daniel and Jim

About us:
Daniel: I am originally from the UK, moved to denmark when I was 3 years old since my dad got work over here. I am 22 years old and have been living on my own since May 15th 2011. It has been harsh to move away from home, since I wasn't quite ready for the big responsibility but despite that I am doing quite well. I play alot of different video games, pretty much everything from FPS to RTS and I take my gaming experience very seriously. Ever since my last work, I have been on the welfare from the government and I am now looking at pre-retirement due to lack of work and work skills, as they categorize it.

Jim: I'm a 25 Year old male living in the UK where I live with my partner and 2 children one boy one girl. I can commit to as much raiding as required as I'm quite home-bound as of recently due to a sick daughter. I'm optimistic, a very fast adapter. Given any situation regarding any matter whether it's a game or real life I've always had a strong tendency to adapt to the given situation very fast. I'm definitely considered and consider myself a hardcore gamer, I've always loved gaming and it'll remain my number 1 passion until I kick the bucket. Although I cannot offer you a WOL Report I can reassure you that I am more than skilled and highly above all average players of wow in my department, being that healing - DPS - Tanking.

Character Information:

Characters:
Âshe and Naryshima

Classes:
Hunter and Druid

Talent Specs:
Marksmanship and Restoration

Armory Links:
Âshe:
Naryshima:

Previous raid experience:
Daniel: I have played since Vanilla WoW, however it was not until the end of TBC I started raiding although I never managed to do anything worth of notice. During Wrath I cleared Naxx 10 man, Ulduar 10, Totc 10 and Icc 10 aswell as OS and RS 10. This was all on normal difficulty however I did have the pleasure of seeing and trying some of the Ulduar hardmodes before they were nerfed into the ground. I managed to clear 9/12 on heroic in ICC 10 before Cataclysm. During Cataclysm I cleared 7/13 Heroic T11 since my current guild and members was not up for heroic progressing. During Firelands I managed to clear 3/7 heroic bosses (Shannox, Alysrazor and Majordomo) prenerf and 6/7 heroic after nerf. I've seen and tried Ragnaros Heroic, although we never managed to get him into Phase 4.

Jim: I have played and raided since Vanilla and had the pleasure of wiping many many times on C'thun before he was nerfed to actually be killable. During TBC I managed to clear Maggy, Gruul and everything in Black Temple and Sunwell with the exception of Illidan, M'uru and Kil'jaeden. During wrath I did alot of the same my mate above has described, only I did also manage to clear a couple of hardmodes in Ulduar before nerf (which includes Firefighter - Which I am very proud of) and a couple after nerf. I finished clearing most of ICC heroic although never the Lich King himself. During Cataclysm I ran the guild Arcadis and we managed to clear 7/13 heroic only, due to lack of dedicated players with the will to progress on heroic fights despite the difficulty curve. The same happened in T12 in Firelands, where Arcadis broke down, reformed Horde since to Preeminence, cleared 6/7 heroic with 3/7 heroic prenerf and has now disbanded due to once again, lack of dedicated players. We managed to both see and experience Heroic Ragnaros a couple of times, though we never got him into Phase 4.

Connection, UI Screenshots and Addons:

Internet Connection:
Daniel:
Jim:

UI Screenshots:
Daniel:
Jim:

Addon lists:
Daniel: Currently I don't have alot of addons, alot less than most other people, but here's the list:

Bartender: Moving bars around to make the center of my screen clear so I can clearly see what I'm doing.
Power Auras Classic: For keeping track of cooldowns, certain boss mechanics and other important abilities.
BigWigs: My bossmod of choice. I prefer this over DeadlyBossMods, but I'm fine using either.
Prat Chat: Chat addon for copying links and keeping track of chat sessions and record them if needed.
Recount: For keeping track of my own and others dps, but mainly the raid dps, I like graphs, what can I say.
rThreat: Advanced threat meter for keeping better track of my threat.

Jim: Heres my current list, a bit long and some of them needs alot of explanation, which I won't do here:

Deadly Boss Mods: My boss mod of choice.
Grid: For a better raid overview.
Grid Mana Bars: To be able to see the Mana Bars of casters in Grid.
Grid Status Raid Debuffs: Better display of Debuffs for faster curing/dispelling
Butsu
Raid Buff Status: Addon for checking and announcing which buffs and lacking and who's slacking with buffing.
Ouf_Diablo: Replacing the default Blizzard UI with Diablo-style unitframes and health/mana orbs.
Rbuffframestyler
rActionButtonStyler
Fatality: For announcing when someone dies by who/what.
rInfostrings
OptiTaunt
OmniCC: To show cooldown numbers rather than the default blizzard one.
Spelli ID
TullaRange: For setting /range to anything I want when Deadly Boss Mods doesn't supply the correct range needed
XCT: Advanced combat text addon.
rThreat: For better threat management/overview.

Thanks for reading our application and we're looking forward to a response soon!

Post subject: Re: Duo Application - Crossrealm - Marks Hunter and Resto Dr
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:06 am 

Looks all good imo =P

but 3x 1920x1080 screens XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:08 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:15 am 

Thanks for the response to our application. No true hardcore gamer can be without an ultimate beast of machinery :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:55 am 
Casual

Ashe, The Frost Archer :f

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:57 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 am 
Officer

I got shocked when I saw the glyphs in that MM spec.
More of my opinion on the hunter part of the application inc soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 am 
Officer

Any chance for some logs from your previous guild?

I am looking through your reforging, and it seems as your primary aim was getting the exact hit cap, followed by a haste > crit > mastery priority. In the spreadsheets and the theory crafting with perfect conditions haste is only worth pushing if you are capable of getting it over 2200 (you are on 2000~), otherwise crit is the way to go.
Unless you link me some logs where you show that this worked out for you and you managed to push out high enough numbers, it does not look very good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 am 

From what people have told me, recommended and from what I've seen and experienced, hitting 1900 haste and there around was the way to go.

I'm most certainly not saying you're wrong, but I am interested in where you have this information from and I will happily change things around if I'm in a wrong position.