[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Tajnii-Tauren-Protection-Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Tajnii-Tauren-Protection-Paladin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm 

Name:

Andreas Odengard

19 (20 in December)

Current Location and Nationality:

Sweden, Göteborg. I'm raised and born in Sweden.

My speak preformance and understanding:

I just love english. I'm good at it and I love it. I have always wanted to move to England. I also have a good microphone and I'm using it.

My Computer and Bandwidth:

Graphic: 2x AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Bandwidth: 24/1. Having a good connection, sometimes I get a DC but that happens everyone right? I mean, It's nothing spcific wrong with my conncetion anyway. Stable and good.

-------------------------------
Name:

Tajnii

Class:

Paladin

Race(and why):

Tauren, because I have played tank since vanilla and I don't see me playing anything else so I thought to myself: "Tauren, HP buff, great let's go with that and get the extra HP." Not much more to tell there.

Spec(s) I'm applying with:

Protrection

Armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... i/advanced

-------------------------------

My proffesions and my reason behind them:

Well I have JC and Mining. I took JC because of the Gems that you get. They are great for all sort of classes so not much to say there. Mining though, I took that because I thought that Stam would be great for a tank, and that is actually a good combination for me because my Endurance (tauren racial) and Toughness works pretty good together.(Not the best stat but It's quite good anyways) I have alot of mastery so it works really fine.

My glyphs:

Prime: Glyph of Shield of the Righteous, Glyph of Seal of Truth, Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous/Glyph of Word of Glory.
Major: Glyph of Holy Wrath, Glyph of Lay on Hands, Glyph of Focused Shields (Swaping between Glyph of Dazing Shield)
Minior: Glyph of Truth, Glyph of Blessing of Might.

I use my Prime glyphs because they are ideal. And I use them because exactly what they say they do, take Glyph of Shield of the Righteous I use that one because I do more TPS woth 10 % more DMG. Glyph of Seal of Truth, that one I use because of the 10 expertise needed for me as a tank, so I can go more on mastery gems. Hammer of the Righteous/Glyph of Word of Glory, I use the first one because I'm doin HC's right now, don't have a raiding guild so thats very good for AoE TPS. And the word of glory glyph is for raiding because of the 10% more healing.
My major glyphs I use to fill the spots out, with the best I could find. Turned out I found pretty good ones!

My enchants:

Main hand: Windwalk
Offhand: +50 Mastery Rating
Head: +90 Stamina and 35 Dodge rating
Shoulders: +75 Stamina and 25 Dodge rating
Back: +250 Armor
Chest: +20 All Stats
Wrist: +50 Dodge Rating
Hands: +35 Mastery Rating
Legs: +145 Stamina and +55 Dodge Rating
Feet: +50 Mastery Rating (I have Presuit of Justice, so I don't need the minor run speed.)

As you see I use alot of mastery. Thats great for tank paladins, so I use it alot. There isn't very much to explain here unless you have any questions.

My gemming and why:

Check the armorylink please.
My gemming is like that becuase I want to get the meta socket in the head, the sockets bonus and alot of mastery. Mastery is still great so I also gem it alot.

Im going into some detail on my rotation and/or priority order:

I will use abbreviations such as: SoR (Shield of the Righteous), HP (Holy Power), DP (Divine Pleasure), AW (Avening Wrath), J (Judgement), AS (Avenger's Shield), CS (Crusader Strike) WoG (Word of Glory), HoR (Hommer of the Righteous) and HW (Hammer of Wrath). The others, I will write the whole name for this is the most common used abillities I use in my regular rotaition.

I usually open a pull with as much DMG and TPS as possible. I'm taking DP and AW to get the full HP and AW I use to get more DMG with AS as possible. There, after I take SoR to use my HP, it is effective so that the DPS can start doing his/hers job right away. Then I use J to get any mana loss back and to get my Seal of Truth up. Then I begin to spam CS and occasionally take the AS when it procs, when I have three HP I use WoG if I have a lot of health or for the absorb or I use SoR if I'm good with health. Otherwise I use Inquistion for more TPS with SoR. I use DP and as often as I can or if I know there will be an add on the boss so I save it until then so I do not lose agro on it, so it does not run loose and kill others. But I will continue my rotation CS> AS (if proc)> SoR> J> Maybe a concentration sometimes>HoW.
If the boss is at 20% so I squeeze into HoW as often as I can, to get DPS and TPS as much as possible.

If people are taking much damage as I use Divine Sacrifice, or if a specific person is being harmed, I take Hand of Sacrifice. I will do anything to get people to survive. One time on Baleroc, our DK tank was not so good geared, I tried to do everything to get him to survive, and I think we took the boss because of me (proud face). I used really good Lay on Hands and Sacrifices . I improvised and took the bubble once to eat a Decimation blade, after that I used dodge trinket and hoped for luck as I had, then the off tank took the last blade.

What my stat priority is and why:

Mastery>Dodge>Stam>Parry. (first prio, etc)
I priorotise like that because Mastery is great with the block, you really get alot of avodiance woth mastery. Stam is great but I like avoidence more because its more effective to the healers if I Block/Parry/Dodge a hit instead of taking it like a man and have a big health pool, then the healers mana will get in troubble after a while and they could heal someone else but me wich maybe could cause to the bossfihts end! Stam is not useless, I'm just saying that I priorotise Mastery and Dodge more. I take dodge over Parry because of Sanctuary, its not much but always something!

My offspec and gear:

I have retri off-spec. Not very good gear, but some HC peices from Firelands and some Zandalari gear. I bought the what I could on AH for brining a offspec so I can do something else also. And its great for doing dailys I've noticed.

Picture of my UI and my list of keybindings:

Uploaded with

My list of keybindings I use:
1-5
Ctrl + 1-5
Shift + 1-5
Q (Ctrl)
E (Ctrl)
R (Ctrl)
C (Ctrl)
X (Shift)
Z (Shift)
V (Ctrl)
F (Shift)
G
T
TAB (Ctrl)

Don't think I missed anything.

Addons: BIGWIGS, OMEN, RECOUNT. (Omen dosn't show on the UI Screenshot but It's over my Recount in raids.

My previous raid expiriance:

Vanilla:

Clear.

TBC:

Clear.

WOTLK:

Icecrown 10 (N) 11/12 (H) 3/12
Icecrown 25 (N) 0/12 (played 10 man)
Ulduar 10 (N) 14/14 (H) 5/14 (Back then I had a guild with some IRL friends)
Ulduar 25 (N) 14/14 (H) 1/14
ToC 10 (N) 5/5 (H) 2/5
ToC 25 (N) 5/5 (Pug) (H)1/5
Naxx 10 15/15 + Plenty of achievs but not the whole meta.
Naxx 25 15/15 + Plenty of achievs but not the whole meta.

Cataclym:

BWD (N) 6/6 H 5/6
Bastion of Twilight (N) 4/4 H (2/4)
FL (N) 7/7 (H) 6/7 (Shannox and Majordomo pre-nerf, not alot but something anyways.)

My others characters I've played with:

I don't know what name my warrior got now but I think its

*Bookis (warrior, the first char I made and tanked with up untill TBC)
Eóy (Mage, played a little in TBC after I switched to tank again)
Machintozh (DK, Tank in WOTLK atleast some of it)

My previous guilds and current:

Cata:

(Current): Primae Noctis. I like the guild and the people in it, but I want faster and more progress. I want to raid more serious. Nothing else, the people in Primae Noctis is wonderfull but still not the right place for me. I also want to go to a 25 man guild, It's harder and the harder the better.

School Bus (This is why I migrated to Talnivarr, because I have some IRL friends on the server thar played in School Bus and we were going to raid together, but they never started raiding so I joined Primae Noctis)

Epiphany (Outland, just migrated here to play with some friends, but they didn't wanna play...)
GameSense (Merge with Epiphany)

WOTLK:

Conspiracy (My own guild with IRL friends)

TBC:

Bty "Better than you" (with one IRL buddy)

Vanilla:

S e v e n t h (Best guild on server, Bladefirst, damn that was a long time ago!)

Reason for leaving these guilds:

Nothing more then they got dispanned or everyone stoped playing.
And in this case because I want more progress and more serious raiding, I also want to try out a 25 man guild.

What I can offer Cráb People:

A dedicated tank and I dont hessitate to tell tips to people if they don't have the correct gemming or such. I'm a pretty good player I would say so I have some tips to come with if needed. I can take critissism aswell and I can give it. I'm not a loot whore and I love to raid and doing attempt after attempt. I can also be a leader guy, I love responability and I love to lead things, thats why I made my own guild. But I'm very fine to just beeing a tank role aswell.

Why I think Cráb People is the guild for me:

Because I want a serious guild and want to play with good people. I also want to try out a 25 man guild. The officer I started to talk to was very nice! :) Love nice (Cráb) people!

Your raid times:

I'm fine with them. Sometimes maybe I can't come but I bet It's like that for everyone, if there is a birthday in the family etc.

How I prepare for raids:

IRL: Take on my bathrobe, pee, sit down in my chair with some food and drink.
In-game: Flask, Wellfed, Armorpots and new read on the tacs.

Other information about me:

I'm a dedicated player that does the most I can for my guild, I have alot of fun but I can also ofc be serious. When I play I play, when I joke I joke. I like raiding and I have done it sence forever. For the future I want raiding and I want some fun ppl to do it with, I hope you enjoyd this application and I hope I'll hear from you soon! See you and thanks for reading, over and out!

Post subject: Re: Tajnii-Tauren-Protection-Paladin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 pm 

Fix the links after copy pasting the application.

Good luck with your app!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 pm 
Officer

Fixed your armory links. Thanks for your application, will discuss it with the other officers and get back to you if there is any questions/when a decision has been made.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:26 pm 

Okay, thanks for the fast reply!

Looking forward to a answer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:43 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 pm 

Sorry, I have a hidden bar where Holyshield is binded to. Healthstone also.

I see, didn't know there was a macro to check it, just tryed to use my Exell sheet to check, but it was not very promising I see now.

I could start lvling a new proffesion if you want/need me to, no problem.

Yeah maybe I should switch that actually. I havn't changed the spec for a long time and since they buffed the threat by 500% Reckoning isn't that usefull anymore. Will change this asap.

BIS gear that I concider is the best:

I think that the 4/4 set bonus is great for the Shield of Righteous 20% extra dmg, more dmg and more threat. Always save up 3/3 HP for like raggy when the other tank have agro. When I taunt after he got 3 stacks I can get a good ammount of threat and won't cause the other tank to get agro again. So thats a great Set bonus. Unfortinily I havn't got the HC pieces for the 4/4 set bonus yet but when I get them I will use the of course. The 12% extra parry is very good I think, I'd rather have dodge there but anyway.

Head: Immolation Faceguard (HC)
Neck: Firebound Gorget (HC)
Shulder: Pauldrons of Roaring Flame (HC. For the mastery)
Back: Permafrost Cape of the Bedrock (HC, for the mastery, can't seem to find anyone else that is better if I don't go with a DPS cloak and reforge it, wich I've been thinking about)
Chest: Immolation Chestguard (HC)
Wrist: Bracers of the Fiery Path (HC)
Hands: Immolation Handguards (HC)
Waist: Uncrushable Belt of Fury (HC, For the mastery, the Expertise is a bonus that I would reforge to Dodge instead.)
Legs: Immolation Legguards (HC, there I have the 4/4 set bonus HC)
Feet: Cracked Obsidian Stopmers (HC, No mastery on those but I would reforge the Expertise for Mastery and enchant 50+ Mastery and get alot of Dodge so that pretty much plains it out)
Ring: Adamantine Signet of the Avengers (Not exhalted yet but I will get it when I can. Would reforge the hit to Mastery and it also has a socket so thats great)
Ring: Theck's Emberseal (HC, reforged Hit to mastery and I get alot of Dodge with it)
Trinket: Spidersilk Spindle (HC, great with the mastery and the "Equip" bonus.
Trinket: I don't really know, I use Essence of the Eternal Flame but Is it gives me more mastery than my CTC cap can handle that leaves me with Stay of Execution wich is great for the dodge. The use effect is meh imo, but the dodge is great.
Main Hand: Mandible of Beth'tilac (HC, alot of dodge and mastery)
Off hand (Shield): Shard of Torment (HC)
Relic: Deathcluch Figurine (HC)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm 

You assumed right.

I use Elitestjerks for the most of it, sometimes for the gemming I use Askmrrobot. I use a Exell file for my CTC cap thats why I didn't know the macro actually.

I know that Its not the best proffesion, It's more that I have been lazy and havn't lvled a new one.

I didn't concider that chest as a possability, but the head was a thing that I had in mind, thought the 4set bonus was better though.

Ofc I do, I just forgot to write it down, unfortunately. I use Glyph of Divine Protection one fights like Baleroc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm 

Well considering it's a tank this apply is about..mining is okay as it gives you stamina wich you would also get from alchemy. But when playing ret or any other spec it's useless.

Good luck with your apply !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 pm 
King Crab

Seeing as stamina is generally not the best tanking stat anymore, this is relevant :P

for example jewelcrafting allows you to get dodge/mastery/parry gems in.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next