[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Rucious Ret/Holy Paladin (X-realm)

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Withdrawn] Rucious Ret/Holy Paladin (X-realm)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm 

- First name: Mert

- In-game name: Rucious
- Class: Paladin
- Race: Blood Elf

- How reliable are your computer and internet connection?

- Do you have 2 professions that are useful for raiding? If one of your professions is not Inscription, are you exalted with Therazane?

I've got JC and Enchanting which is very good for almost all classes. I'm exalted almost with all factions except Vanilla ones.

- Are you fluent at speaking and understanding English, and also able to use your mic to communicate with us on vent during raids?

I'm pretty good with both speaking and understanding English. I'm currently studying in an English university in Norwich, so there shouldn't be any problem. I have mic that is working perfectly and I'm pretty much talkative when I'm on vent.

- What previous guilds have you been in (in the past 2 years) and why did you leave them?
Iron Edge: After Exsul I've joined IE again to do 25m. IE has officially stopped 25m raiding from now on.

Exsul: Not very communicative guild, I transfered there because my friend asked me to play my paladin as tank, after 2 weeks of time, I haven't seen a single change in guild and its not really good for me. Yes its 10m again, because they're doing more heroics but I still didn't have a single fun and 10m is not exciting at all. Briefly, I couldn't settle down on this server and want to leave and start a new blank page that will be full of good progress and achievements with Crab People.

Iron Edge: Impressive Guild. one of the best guild ever I've come accross in my entire wow life. Never had soo much fun with any others, they think wow is just another tool to communicate with people, and ofcourse it was hardcore raiding guild. I joined them during ICC when they were doing heroics. Had my spot after a month. Never felt like I'd leave this guild since Catacylsm launched. After Catac. we had 10mans, instead of 25m, due to lack of people and their availabilty. I was hoping that we could manage to form our 25m heroic raid back but it was hopeless. Since I want to raid in a 25m raiding guild, I thought it would be best for me to leave the guild and join a new one.

Dusk-Bladefist(Wotlk): Disbanded. Dusk and Tyrants were same guilds but migrated to another server to find quality players. I stayed with them until until ICC and left because of the guild leader wanted to quit.
Tyrants- Dunemaul: Disbanded
Fallacy-Ahn Qiraj(TBC): Disbanded
Stones- Ahn Qiraj: Disbanded
Incandescent-Ahn Qiraj:Disbanded, though they’re formed again when Cataclysm released.

- What do you expect from us? Why did you choose to apply to us?

A very decent, well progressed guild who has been around for some time now which leads me to believe the stability is good which is ideal for me and is an attribute I am looking for, raiding days and times are pretty much a perfect setup for me. Needless to say the progress you 'Cráb People' has comes from the Raid and guild leadership aswell as it's members which is a prime concern for me since well, not being able to down a boss due to some peoples inept ability to kite a meteor or simply play the game! Nothing quite disheartening and disappointing than trying to do your best on a boss only to have the same people making the same mistakes.

- What is your end game experience (both pre-Cataclysm and current)?

-Vanilla: Haven't done. Started the game when TBC was live.

-TBC: I have done all raids and dungeons when TBC was live. BT cleared before nerf. Sunwell; did it till Mu'ru. When there was nerf patch, Mu'ru cleared. Couldn't kill KJ.

-WotLK: Have done all raids.
Naxxramas; Cleared.

Mallygos 10/25; Cleared.

OS 3D 10/25; Cleared.

Ulduar; Done most them with Dusk (previous name Tyrants as Horde on Dunemaul server).

ToGC 4/5(Hc); Cleared up to Anub'Arak.

ICC 10 {12/12normal [11/12 Heroic]}; Didn't have enough time to kill the 10m LK hc(were doing 25m).

ICC 25(12/12HC); Cleared all with Iron Edge, had the server 2nd LK kill unfortunately and it was a bit late because of the summer period many people couldn't raid and we had hard times to fill the raids.

Cataclysm;

The Bastion of Twilight: 4/4 Normal, 2/5 Hc.
Throne of Four Winds: 2/2 Normal 2/2 Hc.
Blackwing Descent: 6/6 Normal, 6/6 Hc.

This summer I had to go to Iraq because of our family business and couldn't play firelands when it launched. So I started raiding again mid-September.

Firelands: 7/7 Normal - 6/7 HC

- What times do you play the most or are most active in the game?

I can attend almost everyday except sometimes I might not be able to attend Thursday's raid because I have football trainings to attend. I can attend them but I'll be late. Sometimes we don't have trainings on Thurdays so it really depends on our players who turns up.

- Are you able to make a long-term commitment to the guild?

I'm pretty sure that I'll be staying in UK for another 2-3years. I can give my word that I can stay until then.

- Will anything (new job, university, etc.) significantly affect your playtimes in the next year?

I'm not planning any long vacations in near future. For the summer I will be available and don't have any plans to go to Turkey.

- What is your current Gear? (link to a profile, log out in pve gear to update armory)

- What talent spec and glyphs will you use? Why?

Spec Choice is;
For example the fights such as Ragnaros, I'll be chosing Divine Protection major glyph instead of Rebuke to decrease my magical damage taken.
Prime; GoSoT, Exorcism, TV
Major; HW, AC, and DP (depending on fight, I'll replace DP with rebuke or another usefull glyph.)
Minor; BoK, BoM, SoT

- Are you comfortable playing other specs, and do you have the gear for them?

I've started the game as Healer and am pretty good at it. I love healing as much as my other specs. I've both healing and tanking gear in my bags. I often heal when needed and didn't tank much in Firelands but did a lot of tanking in BWD,BoT and TFW.

- Please choose an encounter and describe in detail what your ideal role would be, and how you would perform it (ex: dpsers describe your dps cycle, healers tell us about healing style and spell choices).

Beth'tilac would be good example. For instance, when spinners coming down I start taunting them with my both taunts to make sure they're on the ground so we can kill as fast as we can. If a Drone is up I'll take the spinners next to drones in order to AoE them down, meanwhile I'll be attacking Drone. I usually start with my small cooldowns to take down the Drones. Before the boss is down if there is a drone up I'll pop up my other cooldowns to kill the drone that is alive.
My rotation would be basically until I have Inq. I won't use anything because its a burst dmg while having Inq. up. P2, on the boss if the encounter is long (if not, I'll ask when we'll BL so that I can use my guardian before BL and have enough stacks to make most dmg) I'll start with my guardian, make it 15ish stacks and use my Wings+Zealotry to make the best damage.

In-depth Character Info;

As it stands for Retribution, Mastery is currently our most sought out stat when it comes to reforging, Hit and Expertise set aside of course, after this it is theorized Crit > Haste but current values show them very close or more or less the same when it comes to yielding better results. I myself have chose Mastery > Haste > Crit since in-comparison to crit it seems to do me better, plus an even bigger bonus is I end up with more Mastery reforging from Crit > Haste > Mastery than I would if I reforged Haste > Crit > Mastery so it's a double winner. Aside from all that Strength is absolute king for a Ret paladin and anytime I wouldn't gem pure Strength is for a socket bonus met with a Hybrid gem such as Str/Hit or Str/Mastery. After some calculations on this .

- Please provide links to some WoL logs in which you participated.

Because I was a bit undergeared compared to other raiders I wasn't very efficient at the begining until I got geared up.

- How do you choose whether or not one item is better than another, when looking for gear upgrades

I always calculate which one is the best to burst the dmg. The site I linked earlier gives me pretty much everything which one to go with. Until I get that loot I try to reforge and gem with the best stat.

- Are you willing to take constructive criticism to always work towards becoming a better player?

I'm not a friend of failure, and should I fail I'll be the first to admit it, repetitive mistakes aren't a common trait of mine and it's always best to step back and try to recognize what you did wrong and why so it doesn't occur again. I take responsibility for my own actions and don't need my hand held through a boss encounter, also appreciate constructive advice and criticism when given.

- Do you know any guild members who can vouch for you?

No, I don't.

- Tell us about yourself.

I think of myself as a dedicated raider, level headed whom plays to raid and progress and at the same time enjoys it, I understand raiding is a complete team effort thus socializing and getting to know the people around you is a big big plus and it doesn't bode well to be a simple "raider" whom only logs on, shows up to raid then when the raid is called simply just logs off without so much as a "Hai!". I always give it my best and on farm bosses when the challenge seems lost it is always good to set other challenges for yourself, constantly trying to beat the prior resets DPS you did on the boss etc and I am no stranger to extending raid times!

P.S: I'm willing to roll to holy if needed.

Rucious
-D

Post subject: Re: Rucious Ret/Holy Paladin (X-realm)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:39 pm 

Just realized there aren't any UI's there:

Here are 3 UI's I used to play with and last one is the current UI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:39 pm 

Hey there. I'm no one important but I've read your application, checked your spec, gear and glyps etc. Everything of that seems alright.
Edit 1; Nevermind I found out..
At the moment you're at 1790 mastery rating and 1760 crit rating. So when Vessel is stacked you'll end up at 2145 crit rating, meaning you're Apparatus trinket will choose to boost crit even more. Also why didn't you go for any tier 12 set bonuses, that should help out on your issue. Theres even a reforge option in your current gear where you'll end up at 1600 crit rating and 1971 mastery rating. Still being exactly at 961 hit rating and just 1 rating over the expertise cap; 482. Only "downside" is you lose around 425 haste rating. Of course you still need like 14 or so more mastery rating, but that should be possible with buying your way out with a valor tier or just 1 upgrade.

Every which way you choose to prior Crit/Haste for the more personal preference. It's in my opinion always better to go along with the reforge option where you'll end up with the biggest mastery gain.

That's just my thoughts. Goodluck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm 

Currently I have 1790 (~17.98), which is 37.8%.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm 

I have started Firelands like a month ago. So I didn't had the chance to play a lot during Firelands, and ofcourse I'd go with t12 its just that I didn't have time to play on time. In my current gear I don't seem to find I can change anything else to mastery and and be hit capped.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:22 pm 

I've done some calculations on ReforgeLite and seems to be that if I use it I'll be losing -68 mastery and gain only +71 crit which I don't want to do that until I get my 4 set T12. I've been searching the best I could to improve my stats, keep hit and exp. capped. I'm sure if I get 4 set it'll make much more difference than it is now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm 

Now I've 1826 mastery after reforging my weapon's haste to mastery.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm 
Officer

Hello, Rucious.

Any chance I could see your holy gear, either log out in it or create a wowhead profile with it?

How would you feel about going holy? Could you tell me a little bit more about your play style as holy. Any logs would be bonus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:17 am 

I'm good to go with Holy and love it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of logs that I raided as holy, sorry for that.

I'm logged out in Holy gear now, and the recent SS is .

Stats priority --> Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery.
I got all needed spells bound around qweasd, G19 side buttons from F6 to F12 since I can't reach the upper ones, and modifiers mouse 4 to 14.
I'm using my abilities such as CS and Jude in moments when I got a free GCD to gain mana and holy power. For 25man I'm using HR when its needed with aoe damage(such as Ragnaros's molten seed and afterwards), and focusing Light of dawn's as much as i can. Many encounters allow to just beacon the tank and pop off LoD's as much as u need, without losing hps using word of glory. In my opinion WoG is viable option only to pull someone from ~25% hp or tank if needed heavy single target healing.

In my SS if you've realized I've got only STR potions, str and stamina flasks because I haven't raided as holy in FL yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 am 

Nice LK screenie, recognized loads of ppl from the former dunemaul community ^^