[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Sycophant - Fire Mage

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined] Sycophant - Fire Mage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 pm 
Trial

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Name: Daniel

Can you attend our scheduled raids?: Yes, I can.

Whats your occupation? Student.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm Daniel, 21 years old living in Sweden. I'm a student where I study to become a civil engineer within IT. I just completed my 3rd year of a total of 5 years. In my spare time I usually sit at my computer doing various things (programming, surfing etc) but also enjoy just hanging out with friends.

Character Name: Sycophant

Class: Mage

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced

Total time played on this character: 65 days

How long did it take for you to level from 80-85? About 24 hours. I made a pot of coffee and did it in one sitting.

What are your plans for raids? How much time your willing to invest in clearing content? I plan to play in a competative guild that aims for realm firsts and a good ranking worldwide. I'm willing to invest as much time as needed to clear the content as effective as possible.

What are the most important stats for your spec and why? List them in order of priority.
Fire:

Intellect - Since cataclysm came, the best stat for all classes is their core stat
Hit to cap (17%) - If I miss any of my special attacks it will be devastating to my overall DPS
Haste to cap (2005) - Combustion haste plateau
Crit - More crit means more Ignite
Mastery - My worst stat atm

Where do you research and theorycraft for your class?:
As I've studied alot of math therefore elitistjerks.com is the only forum I utilize. Why? Because they have members who actually simulate numbers and present basic math formulas to strenghten their arguments.

Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant):
Vanilla - Played in Evernight on Chromaggus where I was an officer. I cleared everything up to AQ40 - Rogue
BC - Played in Sneakattack on Twisting Nether. Cleared everything up to SWP - Rogue
WoTLK - I had a lot in school during this expansion so unfortunatly, I did not clear too much of the content. I did however manage to get 11/12 ICC HC 10 man, with the 30% buff I might add... - Rogue
Cataclysm - Once again in Sneakattack on Twisting Nether where I was an officer and the raid leader. Managed to clear 11/13 10 man in a steady pace. Probobly would have 13/13 if people in the guild actually showed up for raids. - Frost DK/Enh shaman. As Sneakattack disbanded I briefly joined Sluga typer och en Naga @ Frostwhisper. Managed to kill Beth'tilac world #22 but I had to quit the game due to irl issues. - Frost DK

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc):
I have not raided with this mage recently. However, my previous DK (Juntao @ stateofdps.com) is still rank 64 @ Nef HC.

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, preferably in a raid), and/or a video of you playing:
http://imageshack.us/f/600/wowscrnshot121311201636.jpg/ - Raid frames to the left.

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids:
2,13 GHz Intel Quad Core
GTX 560 Ti
4GB RAM
100/10 Mbit fiber connection
Avarage latency: 20
Average FPS: 70

List the raiding and class specific add-ons that you use.
Deadly boss mod - The only raid addon that is essential for me.
Magenuggets - Tracks my Living Bomb and Ignite

Why do you want to join us?
I'm searching for a stable guild who's purpose and goal is to clear PvE content as fast as possible. Your raid times fits me very well and you seem to know what you are doing.

Tell us why we should give you a trial?
You can always rely on me showing up for raids if I have not told you otherwhise (i.e. accidents in real life etc) and you can always count on me doing my job. My motivation for raiding is high and no matter how many wipes we have I stay as motivated. As I've been a raid leader throughout this tier I try to come up with gimmicks/tactics for bosses in order to simplify them.

What are your thoughts on beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content? Would you be available for occasional Friday / Saturday raids during progression?
I have no problem doing any of this. My goal is to be in a guild that aims for realm firsts and an overall good ranking worldwide, so during progression you can count on me raiding whenever needed.

How do you feel about sitting out when raid composition demands it?
I don't think anyone likes sitting out, but I wont cry about it. The progression is the most important part and if someone can help the raid more than me for a specific encounter I have no problem sitting out.

Are you active in any non-raiding aspects of WoW like PVP, achievements, or alts? On average how many hours are you online each week?
I do enjoy PvP, but have not played it lately due to not finding suitable teammates for arena.

On average I'd say I'm online at least 25 hours/week.

Do you know any raiders in the guild?
Yes, Dunderklümpen and Drizzydrake.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history:
I've played Counter Strike on a semi-elite level.
Played some DoTA and became pretty good at it even though I did not pursue any overall goals in this game.
Played Diablo 2 before WoW was released. I was pretty competative in this game and played in a top 20 PvP clan.

As you can see I've only been playing multiplayer games due to my love for competition. I love to push myself and see how good I can become.

Do you have a working microphone and headset, and are you willing & able to speak on Vent when required?
Yes

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:
Hopefully you will consider me for you guild and I hope to become an asset for your future raiding.

Post subject: Re: Sycophant - Fire Mage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 pm 
Officer

Excuse him, some idiots don't understand when I say, only comment on applications if you have something constructive to post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 pm 

Sorry about that... I have some questions tho if you don't mind answering.

Why are you missing 4 enchants and 2 gems?
Why so low on haste?
Why pvp items?
Why +50 hit on bracers?
Why no Lavawalker on boots?
Why did you choose Reckless Ember Topaz and Artful Ember Topaz as your orange gems?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm 
Officer

Now that's a constructive reply. And Declined.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 pm 
Trial

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 am 
Casual

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]