[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Vangarath Protection Paladin Xrealm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Vangarath Protection Paladin Xrealm
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:19 pm 
Officer

Had a little time inbetween all the gift wrapping and christmas carrols, so went through a few of your logs and I got some questions for you.

Why out of 4 full logs have you not used GotAK once, only 1 pot used, 10 healthstones on ~ 160 wipes and kills.
Another thing, why would you start a fight with DP - Inq - AW - AS/Judge, instead of DP - AW - AS - HoR - Judge - SotR after first boss hit for more initial threat. Your spec and choice of glyphs is a little wierd aswell. You spec halfway into threat and the same with your glyphs. Why not go with a glyph combo like this: Prime glyphs; Judgement - Shield of the Righteous - Seal of Truth, Major glyphs; Holy Wrath, Ascetic Crusader, Div prot/focused shield/dazing shield depending on fight. The Judgement Prime glyph with 2set gives some pretty awesome shields/some great tps aswell and you'd actually min/max instead of going halfarsed tps/half useless selfhealing.

Last but not least. It's a pretty old video, but why on earth are you clicking so many abilities and turning your back to the boss when you're moving? Holy Shield useage is also nonexistent >.<

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:10 pm 

About the GoaK i only got to say that it ain being tracked since these logs:

are from the Warlord Zonoz kill wich again do not show i used GoaK, but if you check the kill video you can see i do use it every 2e tentacle i had to tank.Since all my cooldown are announced towards the raid, just check chat.

This also solves the question for the Holy Shield use, like you said it is idd a pretty old video and in the meanwhile i bought myself a G19 and binded every cooldown on the G-keys.

As for the pull rotation i haven't really stand still with it that DP - AW - AS - HoR - Judge - SotR would give me a better boost then the one with Inq.

About the specc/glyphs i was trying some things out with the Reckoning Talent if it would allow the Souldrinker to proc more often, wich after yesterdays raids dint really loof promising anyway. So i am back at my old specc again. And i took your advice on the judgment glyph.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:35 pm 
Officer

Fair enough, can see from the vid your cd announcements. In the older logs it is being tracked on all the other paladins though, I guess it wasn't tracked for you there either?

As for your Holy Shield useage, counting only the Zon'ozz log you provided you used Holy Shield 89 out of a possible ~384 give or take a few short attempts so that's roughly Holy Shield used 1 out of every 4th possible time. Granted you weren't on the boss fulltime, so let's say 1 out of every 2 possible, that's in my opinion rather low. It's such a great cooldown that has a REALLY short cd, abuse it. It's almost always back up when you really need it.

Healthstone and Pot useage is as I said close to nonexistent and looking at your screenshot they seem to both be unbound. As for some of your keybinds I can't say I agree with them (seems to be blindly placed with no thought at all), I played with a g19 keyboard for a while and there is only 2-3 of the G buttons worth using. The rest is just too screwed up position wise to reach without having to stop what you're currently doing to reach the binds. With that said I'd personally use Shift 1 - 2 -3, CTRL 1 - 2 - 3 for your most important CDs.

For your opening rotation, I guess it's personal preference. I've tried both ways myself and always had a lot more success with DP - AW - AS - HoR - Judgement - get hit and then SotR, can give a massive TPS boost whereas with an Inq starter you'd slowly build up threat which rarely work with dps horny raiders going all out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 pm 

I haven't checked the older logs yet on GoaK but i can assure i do use it.

For Holy Shield On Zon'nozz i was only tanking the Claw so i guess that explains the low use of them, i know its a great cooldown thats why i try to keep it up full time but on zonoz only tanking the claw for like 4 times on a duration of +-50 secs till mine died means i can use Holy Shield 2 times/tentacle getting a 8 usefull Holy Shields max per try.
On the night where we killed Zon'nozz we had (knowing that at aprox 1min40 the tentacles spawned:

9 tries of less then 1min40 -> Holy Shields 0
7 tries Reaching 2.30 or less -> Holy Shields 14
8 Tries Reaching the 2 Tentacle spawn but some were only be able to get 1 shield -> 18
5 tries with full 2e add phase -> 20
5 tries with full 3e add phase -> 30
And then the kill -> 8

Total Possible Shield's 90

I used 89

For the pot and Hs i have them bounded on my mouse button 4+5 forgot to add them to the list.

But like you say on opening rotation it's personal preferences but i am going to take your advice on it tho.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm 

And yes pot and HS usage is low i agree i failed there, but i am using them now when needed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 pm 
Officer

You have every bind so beautifully shown in your screenshot and it's not the first app that you've forgot to show bind/even bind it. You don't apply to a serious raiding guild and learn how to do basic stuff such as use healthstones, prepot - combat pot after you apply to said guild, just as I don't get a job as an accountant without actually knowing what 1 + 1 is. This isn't the corporate America.

With that said this is a somewhat decent application, but I don't think you're what we're looking for.

Happy holidays and may you find your healthstone bound in one of your xmas gifts.

Declined.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2