[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Shinkirou - WOTLK Ret

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Shinkirou - WOTLK Ret
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:40 am 

Hello CP,

As of the writing of this App you have a high demand for a Ret Pally; I reckon I'd like to throw my hat into the ring so here it is.

About me (personal info's)
Name is Matt, UK resident, aged 29. I'm a personal Trainer and fitness trainer, it's my main passion in life next to geeking out which compliments my lifestyle pretty well as I don't really drink due to regular intense workouts. So I tend to stay in most evenings. I also study Krav Maga with a view to instructing it in the not-too-distant.

So?

Well, I'm a committed guy and like to get my teeth into whatever hobby or activity I do and Wow has always been something I enjoy and take pride in. I intend this xpac to be my last as I reckon 4 years on a game will probably be sufficient (although this may change if the Blademaster makes it in as the next Hero class, or the bard, naturally).

I am prepared to wipe as long as it takes and am generally as cool as a polar bears toenails. I'll put my hands up and admit that silly mistakes repeatedly being made does kinda get my goat as I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. You know, those obsessive gym-types? No, It's not that bad really I just like to see people give their best, shows respect for themselves and their peers. /rambling! Back to the app.

Myself as a player
I make it a point to learn and master all aspects of my class and give 100% all the time. I won't say I've never messed up as the ledge boss has claimed us all at one time or another but I would definitely regard myself as having as low as a 5% margin for error. I pick up fights quickly, toss heals (read: instant FoL's) between DPS rotations and listen to instruction. I have a mic and I don't fear it! I don't fear collecting Holy/Tank gear and respeccing as necessary should the need arise -although it has to be said I prefer to stay in pewpew mode.

Achievements

Vanilla - I actually raided with BEX on my Rogue (Cherry) a little then migrated with some friends, got up to Nef before TBC.

TBC - Rolled Pala and fell in love with it, retired the Rogue. All content cleared as Ret, yup, even when we had the original 'bad press'. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get M'uru and KJ down before 3.0, the summer slack and migrations really set us back as a guild.

(did get pre-nerf KT, however)

The Knowledge.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Shinsou

Please be aware that my Armory is displaying my PVP gear currently, My PVE gear is 6/8 T6, SWP glaive, Crafted SWP leather gloves/Ring, Bruta neck, Council Head. Think that about covers it.

AP - 2382
Crit - 40.59
Hit - slight over-cap @ 143
Exp - Capped
ATS - 3.00

Self-buffed PVE stats currently

Reason for leaving where I am.

Hard one. I rode out the hard times with DC in this xpac and leaving some really good guys will be a kick in the gut because some of them are sterling players. It's unfortunate that there's a few slacker elements who, if I'm being honest, probably shouldn't be in an endgame guild. I'm not pointing any specific fingers, suffice to say that we 'only just' got this content clear and the nerf kinda cheapened it, for me at least. I want to raid now with a serious hardcore guild as, if this is to be my swansong, I want it to be a really good one.

Why CP?

Not a hard one. I've been on Talnivarr in one form or another since it opened for migration and was an original roller here. I've seen guilds come and go and watched progress happen from my social guild, Ripspawn, where my alts live. I know what you're about and I think I have enough experience to bring something to the table.

So, there it is. An eye-bleeder, for which I appologise.

Post subject: Re: Shinkirou - WOTLK Ret
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:54 am 
Casual

i vaguely remember a cherry from Plan b.. hmmm... Did you also have a priest alt in ripspawn? ;o. Anyway Gl with your app! :)

- Geitebreier

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 am 

Thanks Geit, good memory, yeah I was in Plan B for a bit. It was a Shammy I had in Rs at the time, never been able to lvl a priest much past lvl 12.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 pm 
Casual

Unfortunately we do not currently have an open (retri)paladin spot . Good luck though