[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Cortexz apply resto shaman

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Cortexz apply resto shaman
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:24 pm 

Character Name: Cortexz

Character Class: Shaman

Character WoWArmory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Cortexz

Character /played: 187 days

Character Talent Spec: Restoration
Please link your spec: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... xz&group=1
Why have you chosen this particular spec (DPS/Healer/Tank): I started to play World of Warcraft as a priest healer. And I've tried the dps and tank class on alts but it wasen't really my "thing". And when I heal I feel important sience I decide if u live or not! :p
Why have you spent your points that way: Spent my talents point very careful, and only put points in the talaents that will increase my healing and mana.

Give us a little background on yourself: Well my name is Tomas and I live in sweden currently, im planing to move from sweden and live in the UK. Why? Well I love the english people and there accsent and they are also very skilled in music and food. Only look at ex; The Who, The Beatles, Iron Maiden and Led :p. Anyway i'm a kind and equitable person and put effort in almost anything I do. In my early age I was very intrested in old MMORPG games like; DAoC, GW, UO and CoH. I was playing this games very serisuly and iv'e learned alot from those games. So I knowed what "WoW" was based on and how u should preform. Anyway as I said earlier im a person who is kind but in the same time Hard. I go by 4 words witch I learnt along time ago: 1 Fairness 2 Patience 3 Strength 4 Discipline.

How old are you? 17 my birthday is 8/8 and will become 18 then!

What do you do for a living? Studding Information technology (IT) atm, and I love it.

What online games have you played before WoW, and on what level? As I said earlier iv'e played alot of games in my time. I belive I started when I was of the age 6 palying alot action game like Quake and Team Fortress Classic. Later on I started playing mmorpg: DAoC, GW, UO and CoH It was diffrenet in these games sience these games were build about leadrship and I belive I diden't really understand that in my age at that time. But later on I learned many important things from those games that is useful for me now.

Hardware
About your computer hardware: XPS 730X Intel®Core™ i7-processor 940 (2,93 Ghz, 8 MB L2-cache, 4,8 GT/sek) Single 1GB DDR3 nVidia® GeForce™ GTX285 graphics card 750 GB (7 200 v/min) seriell ATA/100-hardrive with16 MB DataBurst™-cache

!!! Ordered this for about a week ago and I should get it tomorrow or on firday. !!!

About your internet connection: urm 16mb connection very stable

Working as a team

Can you speak on Ventrilo? Yes I can speak and it dont sound as WW2 (World War 2)
Do you respond well to criticism (constructive and not so constructive)? Yes I feel that im a player that takes Critics very well and I listen to the person and im not a person who thinks im right all the time. And if I belive the critic is false I tell him my opinion and I also learn from people telling me new stuffs that can improve me.

Do you feel as though you rarely make mistakes? Ofc people make misstakes it's humanic and u learn from them. And I belive if there is persons saying they never do it they are more then wrong. And if I've done a misstake I learn from it and improve me as a player. But if u reapet ur misstakes ur only un-focused or just supid.

Can you make the times? I can makes these times without any problems.
We raid from 7:00 PM to 12:00 PM (GMT+1).

Detailed schedule.

List the days and hours you are normally available. Monday-Sunday: 12:00-03:00

List the things that can affect your availability (job, school, friends etc). Nothing and if it should be something it might be if I travel or something important in the family happends.

We need players who can and will prioritise raiding over other things. We can't have players who are going to be heavily occupied and unable to raid. I spend my time outside the game very well planed. I put up different schedule for me to be available to have 100 % attends and also accomplish all the assignments in school. If something shows up I do my best to plan it so it won’t effect the game time that much.

Guild info:

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving.

DC – Skullcrusher was playing priest back then.

This guild was formed in the early years of World of Warcraft. It was made about a month after the realise of wow. And my very first character was on this server. And so I joined and we started up as a social guild witch later on lead to the best guild on the realm. We cleared Zul’gurub and Molten core very fast and later on we attack the dungeons of Ahn’Qiraj and Blackwing Lair. We were a guild that had team-soul and all were kind players that aimed high in wow history. Later on the nightmare dungeon Naxxramas came and a new adventure had started. So when we entered Naxxramas with downed Patchwerk and Loatheb the very first night. So it was flowing on with our great guild leadership and of curse the players. But we only got up to 4h before The Burning Crusade had come witch resulted that we entered the new world of wow. Our goal was the same as in classical to be the very best and fight for fame and fortune.

Around a month after the realist of tbc all raiding members were 70 and we could start explore the very new dungeons of wow. Since with had nearly 30 hungry raid members. We decided to have two different groups in Karazhan and people to roll for spots and also looking on the activity in classical. Anyway we made it throw kara in a quick shave, And later on we entered gruul and maggy. The same as in kara we cleared those instances after a few wipes and people learning it. Until this time we had have no real “Guild Drama”. But later on when ssc/tk was released people started to slack with consumables and arguing about loot. I was a veteran raider in the guild and I’m not the person being afraid of saying to people to get a grip and start focusing instead of bitching.

But people didn’t really pay any attention to either me or the officers. So we made an ultimatum for those players to either get a grip or they would get kicked out from the inn. Some people followed this and started focusing some didn’t. Those players were kicked from the guild and it happened to be one of our tanks that left. So we had a hard time finding new people and get further in progress. After a while we had taken in some new players with “crap gear”. So we had to gear them up before even bother trying to progress. Witch later resulted in people leaving for other guilds so we dispensed it.

But at this time my brother actually for real had some problems in he’s life and needed support and help from the family. And I’m the kind of personality that believes the family is all you have for really. And I would be gone as long as it takes for my brother to recover. And so I soled my priest and also for the first time quitted wow.

Anyway for those that reads this at the moment. My brother did recover and it was going good with him and things started going back to normal. And of curse I started to play the game again. Rolled an orc shaman and got up to 70 within a few days.

Border Ruffians – Sunstrider

Joined these guys and they had a really friendly crew of raiders. When I joined them it was in the end of August and they were stuck on vashj and kael. After a while we downed them and got into mount hyjal and black temple. Made some quick and smooth progress inside of there. After a while clearing zg, bt and mh we got tiered and started to farm more and prepare for the new instants “Sun-well!!!!”

So we actually killed the first bosses pretty fast in sun well. And later on we got up to Muru that was an asshole. And at this time we were doing BT runs on Fridays only for the glaives. And the main hand actually dropped but it was a lot argue about who would go get it and in overall it ended up our guild master could not stand all the whiny whispers after this and left the game for Age of Conan. And our GM was the heart of the guild and had many irl friends and so they also left and the guild dispended.

After BR (Border Ruffians) dispended I was actually quite tiered on the game. So I toke a break from wow until wotlk would come out. And when it came I migrated to the server Executus. My two brothers were playing on the server and had play hardcore for some time and were aiming for a casual 10man guild in wotlk. So I was thinking about joining them and so I did.

Human Error – Executus

As I said earlier it was me and my two brothers that were leading the guild. And our goal was to be casual and make some progress in 10man and go for achievements in 10. We did get a quite fast progress in 10man and cleared naxx in two weeks. Thinking of the people we had in the guild I thought it was a smooth and good progress. But later on I heard from many other players around different servers that I’d been playing with back in the old days how there guild was and ask me what I did.

So I answered doing some casual gaming with a 10man guild. And they told me about how it was further in the game with 25 men. And I did get tempted to joining a more serious playing guild.

I’ve always been a player thinking of the guilds best and put the guilds needs in first mind. So I felt kind of sad and could not only say “Good bye thanks for the time guys!” since I’m a player that do have emotions and I know people can be hurt in those way without having a really good reason so I stick to the guild.

Anyway when we had killed and cleared naxx. Some players along with me and the other officers to start play 25man. And that we could sew up another 10m guild to a 25man. But when they made that call I told the others that I was an extreme gamer and you can’t avoid the person that you truly are. So I told them my deeply appliqué and that I needed the action from pure server first progress.

Oprah Winfury – Executus.

Joined this guild after HE (Human Error). And did a good trail base so I became a member very quickly. And after a while killing and clearing all content we was only raiding one day a week and downed all possibly bosses in game. We were all waiting for Uludar to hit and when it did we killed two bosses the first night and was wiping on X-002 for people being slowly on the bomb. Anyway later on we killed him and the three dwarfs along with the giant hand boss.

But after this I got in an argument with the guilds guild master about religion. And we didn’t share the same thinking witch I respected. But apparently he didn’t and called me also sorts of things. And all other guild members were only listening and didn’t go in action. And I do not tolerate racism or bulling so I frankly said to him that if he would not apologize I would leave. And well he didn’t so I left.

Some of you people might think I acted wrong but simply the members were cowards and had sealed mouth’s about there opinion. And I believe for a perfect leading ship you need to accept other people’s thoughts and accept them. And I would not waste my energy on someone that is simple fusspot.

When this actions accord I also had some big test coming towards me before the summer. So I decide that when I get summer vacation, once again look for some serious guild that is in terms of PVE progress and more hardcore In my eyes.

I know it looks like I’m a guild switcher but I’ve been unlucky when it comes to the guild and its lifetime. And I hope you guys can accept that and accept me into your house : )

PVE Experience.
List all raid instances and notable bosses you have defeated. (If you have raided pre-TBC or in TBC on a different character, please also post the realm and name of that character.)

Pre TBC: 9 bosses in Naxx and everything before that
In TBC: Cleared Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon, Serpentshrine, Tempest Keep, Mount Hyjal, Black temple, Zul’aman and up to Mu’ru In swp.
In WOTLK (25): Cleared Naxxramas, Malygos, Obsidian sanctum 3drakes and 6/14 in Uludar.

What do you like about PVE? Sorry guys but I dont know what to write here I love eavrything about PvE been playing it for 4years and I like anything that have with PvE to do.

What don't you like about PVE? When tbc arived and u could loot 10epics in a raid and no challange anymore. Missing the old 40raids when u rly needed to fight to get epics and progress. Now u can do raid content in nearily 3h an clear possible hard bosses and on top of it get like 10epics :(

Do you have any other exceptional experience (raid-leading, world firsts etc)? Been leading the shaman class in Border Ruffians and sometimes when our GM coulden't manage raids me and another warrior (Bonesnap) lead the raid throw the content.

Consumables and finance.

List the consumables are you going to bring to the raids. 20x [Flask of Pure Mojo], 30x [Runic Mana Potion], 20x [Runic Healing Injector], 100x [Rhino Dogs], 50x [Firecracker Salmon].

Is farming gold and consumables difficult and painstaking for you? When I dont raid I play WoW to improve my player in economy having massive ammounts of gold. That means farming alot ex; mining, herbing and sell alot items on AH.

Are you constantly broke? I'm never broke have always had more then 5k in my wallet.

Knowledge and theorycraft.

Do you read theory about your class? Yes that's also something I do to improve my gaming/class.

How do you keep yourself up to date? Reading on tactical websites like bosskilers.com / ensidia.com and talking and debating with experienced players. Aslo reading alot of facts about the bosses and studding eavry move the boss takes.

Which sites and forums do you visit? mmo-champion.com, bosskillers, ensidia, StratFu and WoW-Wiki

Tools.

Name a few add-ons that are essential for your role in PVE raids. ora2, dbm/bigwings/omen/recount/decursive

Describe your keybindings: no need for a full list, but give an overview of your most important abilities
and the bindings you have chosen for them.

Keybindings:

Shift – E
Shift – G
Shift – T
Shift – F
Shift – Q
Shift – §
Shift – X
Shift – W
Shift – <
Shift – C
Shift – V
Shift + Tab
Shift + Space

Alt - §
Alt – 2
Alt – 3
Alt – 4
Alt – R
Alt – T

<
T
Y
Q
E
F1
F4
G1
G2
G3
G4

I got all my Spells, miscellaneous and Consumables’ key binded.
Have had the same key binds since a long time back so I’m fast on the keyboard

Provide a link to a screenshot of your interface. http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1894 ... 211102.jpg

Reports.
Provide a few WWS reports or some other stats of you in action. This is not mandatory but could help you out tremendously. Im sorry but sience i haven't raid for a while I cant find any reoprts.

Extra stuff.

Feel free to add any thing you think we might want to know.

Good Sides–

Always looking to improve myself as both a player and a person.
Looking for progress, not epics
Can take critic and a kind player.

Bad Sides–

Tends to flame slackers
Being to kind sometimes
Take my anger on the wrong people

Do you want to spend some words explaining some of your gear/gem/enchanting choices? Well I’ve gemmed most of my gear with haste since it very important for a CH (Chain Healing) shaman to be on the top. Druids and priest got very fast heals and highly effecting heals. And if you’re a CH shaman you cant gem your gear going for crit or healing since your cast time on your spell would be to slow for a landing heal It would effecting on over healing witch we don’t like! But later on when I can improve my gem with more haste gear I will start gem for crit, heal and mana regen.

What's your opinion on learning/progress raids?
Life is based on learing new things and making progress. And I see no downsides on this, it may take alot time but belive me it's worth the effort and the sweat siecne nothing is better the the adrenaline pumping in ur blood when uv'e downed a new boss.

Goal:

I’ve never been the player saying, “hey its just a game cool it.” For us player that is aiming high and want to play hardcore it’s more then a game and if you don’t understand me what I mean then your not the right person reading this. I want to become the best and im aiming high in my raiding view as I have in almost all things I do life is about achieving things and u need to put effort in the things you do to be the very best of the best!

Why should u take me as member?

I am a dedicated player I play wow around 60-70h a week and under classical / tbc wow I didn’t miss a single raid. Raiding 6 days a week. I will be there healing for you when ever you need me I don’t expect to get into every single raid but the more the better!

What do I expect?

Well I love raiding so I expect allot of high end quality raiding whit you guys and allot of laughs!

Why did you apply to us?
In my eyes your looking like a perfect suitable hardcore raiding guild in my eyes. As you will see further down below in my apply I will explane in words what hardcore raiding means and also why I prefer that. And it also looks like ur having a strong core and motivated players.

Over and out hope u enjoyed the reading. If any questions feel free to drop a quaote or mail me on tomas-wow@hotmail.com

Post subject: Re: Cortexz apply resto shaman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 am 
Casual

Just telling you that we have seen your app and we are currently discussing it.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm 
Casual

Your accepted for a trial spot within our guild. Transfer and wisper an officer online for an invite.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Cortexz apply resto shaman
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:33 pm