[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - first and im not even cp :O

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: first and im not even cp :O
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:24 pm 

Well this post is kinda made towards the warlocks in youre guild:)

im used to be a fury dps warrior in raids but eventually i lvled a lock, cos melee dps just wore me out i guess;).

What im wondering about is, how to specc and or how to/which gems to use in my gear, my characters names Drajin if you even bother to pop up armory :)(will probably show some pvp gear oh well^^)

I read in a guide that SB was the main thing as destruction, the guide said that incinerate, was a waste to use if, u didnt have imp.scorch specced mages.

Im not a person to critize the guide, but ive always fel that, starting with immolate, then incinerate then conflag,

I just never thought that a destrucion locks job wud be to : SPAM SB now now and now:/.

oh well all tips welcome:D

Post subject: Re: first and im not even cp :O
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:50 pm 
Casual

Hai Crantz :D and welcome to the darkside!

armory is bugged for me :( so i cant really see what kind of gear you have. Tho i may give you some pointers :)

Gems :

+spelldmg are the best gems to get for you warlock, If you can get a +dmg socketbonus with a Yellow socket... then you can use a +SpellHaste & + Spelldmg Gem.
You will also need 2 Blue gems for the Crit meta gem. Try and put it in pieces that will give you a good socket bonus.

immolate:

Its correct that its useless to cast immolate if you dont have CoE and 5/5 Imp Scorch up. Conflag should never be used in a raid. it decreases your dps.
Tho the increase of casting immolate versus not casting immolate is around 20 to 50 dps. Add the extra mana cost to it and the decrease of ISB uptime its better to just not cast it at all.

Specc:

Currently im specced : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZdxczIbzZEx0tr0zuhi
Full shadowbolt nuke build. ISB to increase shadowdmg even more.
Rotation will look like :

Curse > Shadowbolt > Shadowbolt > Shadowbolt > Shadowbolt etc... and lifetap whenever you have to.

If you look at Aneri's armory page.. You can see that she does it abit different... Shes is a fire specced warlock.
Immolate > Incenerate. Etc. Tho this spec would work aswell. I would still suggest you take the shadowbuild.
ISB is a really good dps boost to not only you but also shadowpriests.

Oh! And you will most likely pull aggro every trash pull. So be nice to your tanks! and tell them to Intervene you from time to time :p

EDIT :

My specc has Nether Protection. That means you can go immune to fire and shadow spells for 3 seconds....
If your the tank for Leotharas in SSC or Capernium at Kael or Illidan... You should put thos 3 points in imp Searing pain.
Since if you become immune to a fire/shadow spell when tanking, the mob will select a different target and starts casting on him ;D

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

now destro warlock looks like fire mage ( 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 ) - it makes me sad because I was playing destro warlock preTBC and that was really hard to have nice dps because of aggro "reduction" :'(

(1 = curse of xyz , 2 = shadow bolt )

> 秋7回には、最大8つの立っている。<

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 pm 

well that certainly made me look at it even more hehe, shadowbolt spam specc it is:). Ty very much for ure tips and again glø on raiding playing and loot ;) :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:47 pm 

Message me in game and I can give you the link to our brutalis kill video from warlock (Klemze) pov, you may be able to get some pointers.

Cheers

Bouncer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:05 pm 

Well If I may add... Im fire destro and my dmg is comparable with other locks, ofc in raid with scorch curse etc, by me its thing of your own desicion, SB has nice buff but incinerate is from this patch shorter to cast... and conflag is not so uselles I think- mine "booms" for 2-5k 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:30 pm 
Casual

Geit looked into it raid wise with a spreadsheet btw, about the ISB debuff, and concluded that 2 shadow locks and 1 shadowpriest will give the most uptime for improved shadowbolt. Adding a third shadow lock would decrease the ISB uptime, because theres more players to consume it.

So it is pretty nice to have 2 shadow warlocks and 1 fire lock in the raid :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:37 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

:mrgreen:

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_020707_150142.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020707_150142.jpg [ 140.5 KiB | Viewed 11818 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm 
Ex-Officer

haha that's pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:13 pm 

well nice video by klemze:) and i loved the specc that wa given :) tho i fell in love with the band/music he/she used on the video so if someone cud give me the pointer to who that is then id be a happy chav.

and oh yes if i havent said so gz on felmyst;)