[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Battle of the Best - World Buffs

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Battle of the Best - World Buffs
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:37 pm 

Hey,

I was wondering what Crab People's thoughts were on allowing world buffs in botb. Since this is the first season they have allowed US guilds in I'm not really sure what my expectations should be. My guild tends to be of the mindset that since most world buffs are removed when entering instances in wotlk that the few spell ids left behind are unintended. It seems that the competition would be much more legitimate if it wasn't battle of the best mages.
It would be awesome if you guys could leave feedback on this issue: http://www.battleofthebest.com/forum/in ... &tid=11891

Thanks,
Lawliepop from Blood Legion

Post subject: Re: Battle of the Best - World Buffs
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:48 pm 

Agree with your first post in the topic. Don't even feel like taking it serious as long as most of the activity on their website/forum is in German though. Allowing _any_ world buffs changes it into a battle of creativity (Enshitia should join that lolol) and makes the participation of guilds like ours who are actually spending a lot of time trying to compete in fair ways obsolete.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
Casual

Agree with siphy.

We will see what they will change before making a stand. I just hope that if they not allow that types of buffs that the points from first challenge will be distributed to guilds that didnt "cheat".

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:58 pm 
King Crab

Problem is, like was posted as well by alvatar representative, that there's no technical way to check if certain buffs were used, since if you enter the instance with the buff already on you, and then leave before it fades, it won't show up in the logs ever. As well as a log of the guild keeping their logs private to prevent other guilds from stealing their strategies.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:25 am 
Ex-Officer

I'm not interested in participating in botb if we have to go and gather world buffs for every try, I just cba, it's not that fantastic. And since there is really no way to check for them afaik (remove one line of text, yo) then I can smell the fail already :>

Enigma.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am 
King Crab

From Greatschock's putricide kill log:

[21:30:57.869] Greatschock's Zeal fades
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51605

[21:31:29.194] Greatschock's Arcane Focus fades
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51777

[21:31:55.319] Greatschock's Might of Malygos fades
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51800

3 mobs in dragonblight, fairly easy to have a few ppl pull them together and have a mage spellsteal alll 3 buffs then accept summon

deathbringer log shows the same 3 auras fading.

they dont show up anywhere else since the buffs arent "gained" anywhere (since they already were on him when he entered the instance)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm 

which log is it Mihir, mind linking

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 pm 
King Crab

Last edited by Mihir on Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:15 pm 
Casual

so next botb lets just stack mages then, jeaj for cool event...