[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Counter-Strike

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Counter-Strike
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 am 
Casual

So, anyone got a CS:GO key?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 am 
Ex-Officer

http://www.twitch.tv/itmeJP

JP playing CS:GO. It looks pretty bad..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:20 am 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

CS:GO = new source = new titanic.

Who knows, it might even be easier than source ( unlikely xD )

They don't realize why 1.6 was and is so popular, simple graphics with a working hitbox.
Unlike source with a good graphic, and head's being feet.

Two 1.6 teams swapped to source once and dominated the scene, got bored and swapped back. No other source team would/could, heck I'd doubt they'd even get recognized in top30.

Same thing will happen with cs:go, yet 1.6 is dying so I guess the new generation will look forward to this. But it will be nowhere near as competitive, no game will be a better spectator E-Sport then CS 1,6.

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:59 pm 
Casual

I would rather spectate BF3/BC2 any CoD, 4 or later or heck maybe even fucking halo than CS. Not because they are better games for competative play, but because CS is just too old and too screwed by now. CSS I never liked. But if GO keeps the same level of CSS but with decent physics and graphics I really do hope it replaces 1.6. That shit is turning 13 soon. With the last update coming some 6-7 years ago... Not because it is even near perfected, but because it is abandoned.

Still hopefull, will likely all go to shit, but whatever. 1.6 is dying, and righyly so. Guess CoD4 promod could do as next gen fps, but it is getting a bit too old aswell...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:35 am 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am 
Casual
 ICQ  Profile

Cannot imagine that games with super graphic will be the next CS or something.
All the CD titles etc. fare fastfood. For the console generation it might be enough though.

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 pm 

Hey, i played Counter Strike Source for 4 years. Just won 2 Lans, and had some other good results so i could call myself a pro.
If anyone wants to play some cs:s in the future , just whisper me and i'll put you to my friendslist on Steam.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm 
Casual

CS 1.6 was THE e-Sport for the simple reason that it had no competition.

The current situation is a bit different, rather than there being hardly any decent games to compete in, there are too many, and the games are too well made from a "lets-have-some-fun" perspective, meaning the become very complex and therefore hard to predict and end up having diminishing returns on skill.

CoD4 imho is an excellent example though of how a popular and fun to play casual game can be made into a very nice e-sports title. The important thing is to let the people developing games know how important it is to let the community give input and develop mods etc to do what they can not do if they also need to make it a fun lulz public game.

Valve is doing fairly well with dota 2 and now GO (having invited pros from previous titles to get input). Im just hoping that maybe they can take it all the way. We really need a new big FPS game. With 1.6 dying and nothing to take its place we might be left with only rts and moba e-sports and that is just sad :(.

No. I don't want to start playing CSS, CoD4 (even though I do like this one), Crossfire or Special Force.

Also, if anyone gets a hold of a beta key. I might even be willing to pay for it... :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:59 pm 
Casual
 ICQ  Profile

I think another problem with CoD titles and other similar games is, that you get new versions relative often.
Okay, it works with FIFA where the online community buys the new version every year.
I highly doubt that would be the case for a fps game.

Also remember CS is free if you have Half-Life already. This game is less about the graphics (that one was shitty already 10 years back).

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 pm 
Casual

CS is the reason half-life sold so many copies. So it's not really free. I, for example, have never even played through half-life. I've spent probably thousands of hours in CS though... I wouldn't say it's free.

Also the graphics were stunning back then. Half-life was a really nice looking game when it came out and CS was released just a year or so later. When 1.6 launched, sure CS wasnt the bee's knees, but it was still decent looking compared to other games on the market. Atm it just looks poor. Not poor like picmip 8 QL looks poor with plain textures, but like a game that just is waaay dated.

If there could be a game that is gameplay wise a lot like a cross between CSS and 1.6 that has good enough graphics to make it bearable to watch for spectators, maybe CS could still have a spot among the larger e-sports titles. And really, I think we all can agree that at least to some extent we would like that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next