[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Tera

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tera
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:42 pm 
Casual

been playing all day, and im at lvl 16 now.

im also streaming whenever i play at:
http://sv.twitch.tv/meegozh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:45 am 
Ex-Officer

Played a little bit with a sneak-peak key I got. Got a Lancer to lvl 5, archer to 9 and a priest to 9 so far. Combat works suprisingly well, even on the stress test they did it held together.

Found the lancer a bit disorientating as it's attacks go in what ever direction it faces instead of where the crosshair is unlike the ranged classes. Archer feels terrible with a clumsy aoe/paint target volley attack as the first skill you get. It was pretty much nothing but holding down left mouse (the default auto-attack key) and the step back key as the damage from aimed shot (forgot name) did so little damage and the aoe only hit each target once.

The priest however was a different story. Auto attack seems to stagger your target, a frontal AoE shockwave that hits all targets in a 180 degree/5 meters area in front of you multiple times, some kind of wierd triple shot bolt that causes more damage the closer they are and a fucking super combo of WoW hunters frost trap, explosive trap and disengage combined into 1 skill with a 6 second cool down? Seemingly infinite mana and a self heal that heals 25% of your HP with a sub 1 second cast. I didn't even get to lvl 10 so god knows what kind of bullshit moves they'll learn by the level cap.

One thing I found extremely awkard when I actually got around to the priest was that it happened to be a female while the first 2 where males. Every robe (... I think they where robes) didn't seem to be anything more than a shirt meaning I was running around with er.. not much else on. Some of it is just completely ridiculous, one of the female quest NPCs near the tower base wore what I assume was suppost to be some kind of metal armor consisting of: Shoulder pads and underwear. I know the saying that sex sells but this seems like it's just gone abit over the top.

Technically it run exceptionally, frame rates seemed good, managed large numbers of players (collision detection and a delay on loading might become a pain) well. Launcher was frankily horrid, it appears to download the log in section of the launcher each time you start it up so if the login in servers are busy you might not be able to enter your email/password and join the que.

Haven't put down any money on it, but I'll be watching it as I'm intrested in seeing how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm 
King Crab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

Played the beta, came to the conclusion that I'm DFO gonna buy it on its release.
Not bored for a sec while playing it, fighting mechanics are amazing, never got to try out the pvp but if it's as good as what i've seen on youtube im gonna enjoy this game.

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm 
Ex-Officer

How are you planning on doing PvP with only one hand?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

Now I confuse, obv use both! Unless they introduce palydan so I can has one in my pants one on le mouz :D

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:23 pm 
King Crab

i guess klogg meant this

TERA_ScreenShot_20111126_010030.jpg
TERA_ScreenShot_20111126_010030.jpg [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 31444 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Ex-Officer

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/tera.html

Keys for closed beta 2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 am 
Casual

BARAK MYSTIC MEEGOZH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 pm 
Ex-Officer

So did anyone ever start playing? Got a warrior to level 20 in one of the later sneak peaks and realised each quest "hub" was firstly kill 10(sometimes 15!) of large mob, collect 5 items on the ground and some kind of repeatable then in the 2nd set of quests 30 of small mob, interact with 10 items and then kill a named mob before moving you onto the next area.

Kind of a shame it was so mind numbingly boring as fighting those dragon things in that medow (near the area where you have to kill 10 bears and 15 passive boars, err east of the swamp area iirc) was quite entertaining even if I died at 13%.