[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - New pc

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: New pc
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm 
Ex-Officer

2600K is amazing indeed :)

Running mine almost noiseless at 4.5Ghz (800rpm fan).

How high voltage are you running yours at?

Enigma.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm 
Casual

Round 1.04 at 1600 speedstepped down, and at 4500 it goes up to round 1.35 iirc...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:04 pm 
King Crab

Looks like P67 B3 is finally available \o/

Thinking about getting this one (MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)):
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD65--B3-.html / http://www.alternate.nl/html/shop/produ ... tno=grem24

With a i7 2600k on it.. what do you think? Looks like a worthy replacement for my Core2 Duo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:13 pm 
Casual

My 2600K is working great. Have strange mobo issues (not connected to sata controllers at all this time, and I probably wont even bother sending in my mobo for a replacement at least not until the very end of the warranty period and only then if I have a new one :P). With an ASUS P8P67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm 
King Crab

Total set i'd be looking at:

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (Boxed, FC-LGA4, "Sandy Bridge")
Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B SCMG-2100 (Retail)
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) (Retail, FW, RAID, Gb-LAN, Sound, ATX)
Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (Light-Retail, CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8, Vengeance)
Antec TruePower New Series TP-750 (Retail, 4x PCIe, Kabel-Management, Zwart)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm 
Ex-Officer

I upgraded from a C2D to a i7 2600K myself and the difference is just amazing. Totally worth the money. The multitasking capabilities and raw power it brings compared to a dual core is just amazing.

As for the mother board, it seems that it's got all you need. I don't have any experience with the board it self though. It's worth mentioning that it's only got 1 pcie x16 slot (the other x16 is just a x8 mechanical), so if you are gonna run a SLI/CF setup you will have to run both the slots at x8, but it should not have too big of an impact on your performance.

If you are still looking around you could have a look at the Asus p8p67 series. I'm running the deluxe edition and I'm mostly very satisfied with it, besides some minor issues with ram compatibility (seems to only be affecting the Corsair Vengeance series). Nothing I could not work around with ease though. It will likely be fixed in a BIOS update soon. In fact it seems to be a new bios update released now, gonna try it when I get home!

Enigma.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 pm 
Ex-Officer

Enigma.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm 
King Crab

hm.. what does that asus mobo provide over the msi one? seeing as it's quite a bit more expensive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 pm 
Ex-Officer

Guess the main difference is that the Asus board got 2x GbLAN adapters (which at least I need) and a better power design making it better for overclocking (though I don't know if it really makes a difference). The Asus board also seems to have better cooling on the mosfet.

You could save yourself some money on going for the MSI board indeed. I just mentioned my own board as I actually have some experience with it and know what's working and not. You never know when you buy new mother boards, they can have all kinds of issues (or none at all).

You should google a bit and check out the MSI forums for known issues with the board before you buy it!

Edit: Oh and the Asus board got quite nifty tools for overclocking which I believe is unique for Asus. If your overclock fails it will automatically reset your bios to default so you can boot up without problems, but it keeps all your bios settings so you can reapply them and continue working. It also has a button on the board itself that forces your PC to boot up even though you got a faulty memory configuration so you can access the bios.

edit2: And the PCI-E clips on the Asus board is easier to work with :P Not that it matters much

Enigma.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am 
King Crab

Wondering about memory now.. i see 1333, 1600 and 2000 mhz versions of the ddr3 modules, with varying latencies, not really sure what to go for.

Some guys posting that getting 1600 modules and ocing them to ~1900-2000 is the way to go.

Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 a good option? (http://www.corsair.com/memory/amd-memor ... 000c9.html) they seem fairly cheap but good specs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next