[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Anime recommendations

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime recommendations
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm 

any good hentai you can recommend?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:51 am 

When you mentioned Cutey Honey, Tuned, I was remembered of this: .

On another note, I don't see Elfen Lied around here, but I do appreciate Hellsing being mentioned (which by the way had it's 7th OVA released just a week ago). Not sure why Bleach and Naruto is cut out in what you consider anime, but I should mention One Piece aswell. So of those I can think of right not, that I don't think I saw here are:

xxxHolic
One Piece
Elfen Lied
Black Lagoon
Code Geass (Why wasn't this mentioned?)
D.Gray-man
Darker Than Black
Gantz
Hitman Reborn
Maria+Holic
Welcome to the NHK
Soul Eater (except the 15-20 last episodes)
Spice and Wolf
Tenjho Tenge
Air Gear

Maybe I will come back to this thread if I feel like it another time, but for now I have more important matters to attend to: Sleep!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm 
King Crab

Initial D (streetracing, drifting, comedy, romance, slice of life, tournament)
Akira (cyberpunk, horror, psychological, science fiction, supernatural)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (mecha, post-apocalyptic, psychological, science fiction)
Mushi-shi (adventure, mystery, psychological, supernatural)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 pm 
Ex-Officer

Just some animes I watched a while back worth mentioning!

: Pseudo-sequel/reboot of the old Neo-Human Casshern anime from 1973. It doesn't have an amazing plot or action but the art is beautiful and the atmosphere is top notch. This show is probably not for everyone but I personally liked it.

: Overall a good anime that is definitely worth watching.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 pm 

Funny you should mention elfen lied, that's on my stack of things to watch.

Something fun that i don't think was mentioned was cromartie high school, pretty funny short episode anime, we picked up the dvds over xmas and had good fun with them. It's a school drama with only one female character which is someone's mom, very different to most of the school stuff i recommend and should appeal to you guys more sicne alot of you aren't into the same anime as me really.

To aru Kagaku no Railgun was something i started watching recently, a spin off from to aru majutsu no index. Pretty standard fair of yuri and magical girls but it's got a lovely vibe to it and some pretty cool action moments. Futuristic, magic, school and comedy.

We also got the dvds of Ouran High School Host Club, absolutely fantastic anime about a host club of guys for upperclass girls at a posh school. It ends with the main girl being mistaken for a boy and becoming a host with lots of fun that cross dressing and gender mistakes can bring :D. It's kinda hard to not view it initally as something that would not appeal to male fans but it's actually a very clever anime and has a pretty mature backbone amidst the hilarity.

Mushi-shi is known amongst some as the sleepy anime because at anime all nighters it truly has put some people to sleep, very slow pace to alot of it and has a wide selection of the colour green... but yeah i quite enjoyed some of the episodes, some of them though i found pretty trying.

Kino no Tabi (kino's journey) was something else we got on dvd, this has got to be one of the best anime ever made. It revolves around a traveller, kino, who basically lives to see the world. With the motorrad (motorcycle) Hermes, Kino visits all sorts of weird places with interesting stories or customs. It's fully titled kino no tabi - the beautiful world, and it basically centres upon how ugly the world is and in it's own words, that lends it a certain beauty. This is pretty different from my standard recommendations of school girls and moe and should appeal to more of you guys i would think.

Code Geass i started watching and enjoyed the early stuff i saw, just not managed to sit down to watch the full length yet, same with wlecome to the nhk. Gotta see spice and wolf's second season as the first was awesome, i can't recommend that enough, a really cleverly written anime. Looksl ike fretnix enjoys a bit more of the stuff i do since he put out Maria+Holic, enjoyed what i saw of that too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 pm 
Casual

best banaans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac34SGx5gCw

Best anime out there. This is the newer "Brotherhood" wich goes with the manga more then the first anime did.

Also this is the official youtube channel for FMAbrotherhood and its awsome and comes with subs for every langue.
It takes 2-3 days to come out on youtube after it is send live in japan (sundays)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 am 
anime is gay and bunny approves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:05 pm 
Ex-Officer

On the discussion last night on best animes, I made a top list!

1. - The most epic, manly, tear jerking, awesome anime ever created. Period.
2. - Amazing anime with good story, art, voice acting, music.. Everything.
3. - Same as above except it follows the manga. It has an even better, and more complex, story with some new voice actors but most from the original series.
4. - Good story premise, nice plot twists and has the most epic scenes of anyone writing anything in any anime.
5. - Psychological anime with a very complex story. Love the art and voice acting in it aswell!
6. - Fairly straight forward story, one of the better support casts and nice humour.
7. - Great story with awesome action sequences.
8. - Gore, gore and gore! Way better than the original Hellsing anime. It follows the manga.
9. - Cool idea for story, unique art style.
10. - Funny as hell.

This list is based on my enjoyment I got out of watching them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 pm 

FMA Brotherhood is better then the first anime just couse it follows the manga !

The only thing i dont like about it is the new voice for roy mustang :( rest is better !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next