[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Show us!

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Show us!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:40 pm 
Casual

So, since there is a movie thread and an anime thread (lul), I thought we should have one for PROPER shows.

Some shows I'm following that I wont really bother with saying anything special about since I bet most people already know what theyre about.

Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park
Futurama
The Big Bang theory
Scrubs
Dexter
American dad

If anyone wants to explain what those are about and shit, be my guest, but really I doubt its worthwhile...

So for some shows you might have not seen:
Pen & Teller's bullshit - Pseudo documentary series that kicks ass. Uber biased and shit but most awesome.

Peep Show - Brittish sitcom and just by far the best show I have ever seen. It's about two VERY "special" batchelors, and one of those shows where you get to hear their thoughts and such. A definate must see!

The Inbetweeners - Another brittish sitcom. Set in I dunno what brits call it but school for almost-18-year-olds. They 4 guys its about might not be complete losers but their tries to blend in with normal people is hillarious. One of the funniest shows out there IMHO.

Weeds - Think most people know what this show is about, and if not you can always just read the fucking title. Your average soccer mom is dealing weed in like a desperate housewives-ish setting. Fkin awsum. Not your jokey kind of humour but just incredibly funny at times.

The IT crowd - Brittish sitcoms? Yeah sure I guess I have a thing for them. This one is set at some generic office building and the main characters are the IT misfits in the basement. If you have ever acted as IT support for anyone, be it family and friends or professionally it becomes even more funny!

Son of the beach - Like Baywatch? No? Like the thing about baywatch most people like about baywatch? Well, you mean boobs right? Sorta... Ok, enough fake dialogue. If you want the least intelligent, most sexobsessed fucked up show ever? Well yeah, take a look. Nothing that will tickle your mind, but a few bellylaughs might sneak in.

That Mitchell and Webb look/situation - From the guys who make Peep Show. Not as funny, but almost, which makes it like the second best show in the history of the world :D.

Comedy inc. / The Wedge - Have yet to get hold of these on the interwebs, but seen several of them on TV and theyre epic win for the most part. Much like That Mitchell and Webb look/situation it's a compilation of loads of small sketches in like 10 or so different settings. The lack of availability on the webs might have to do with it beeing Australian (or New Zealandish).

Also if you can, you should totally check out all episodes ever released of Comedy Store. Best stand-up the English speaking world has to offer :).

Currently just started watching:

The L word - WTF? Yeah, it's not that great. I'm currently like 5 episodes into season 1 and I still don't get why this friend I have watches it.

Reaper - Guy has to catch souls for the devil. It's not bad so far.

Also got the first season of Better off Ted lined up. Saw one episode on TV and it seemed cool :P.

Have been planning to get started with Supernatural, House and been toying with the idea of watching Lost or Heroes.

Any tips you have, I want ;). Got three monitors now which means one is constantly playing some episode of something.

Will most likely have to update this post when I think of more series.

DISCLAIMER - If there is already a thread like this, fuck it, this is the new one!

Post subject: Re: Show us!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:54 pm 
Casual

Oh yeah, for Swedes or if you find some subbed releases:

Sverige dansar och ler.
Hipp-hipp.
Grotesco.
Situation Magnusson.
Mäklarna.

Can't remember any more atm...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 pm 

My Name is Earl

I love that show on comedy central here in holland :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm 
Ex-Officer

How I Met Your Mother - I HATE audience laughter in sitcoms, I had a hard time getting in to this show just for that reason but it was definitely worth it once I got over the laughter.

Generation Kill - The best show about war I have ever seen, one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's a short TV series consiting of seven 70 minutes episodes. It is about a reporter that joins a marine recon squad that is stationed in Baghdad. Based on a true story, the reporter that joined the squad wrote a book about it. Intense action scenes, good drama, insight into the american military and some humour.

Chuck - Yvonne Strahovski should be enough to say! Nevertheless, funny show with Adam Baldwin doing a nice part in it.

Californication - David Duchovny is amazing in this drama/comedy show. Humour and lots of nudity!

Dollhouse - Creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Slow start of the show but gets really, really good in season two and sadly also cancelled. I'm happy I watched the only two seasons that were made.

Jericho - Started out really good, got cancelled, got picked up again, cancelled AGAIN, picked up for a last time due to fans mounting a massive campaign. Bit of a half-hearted ending but overall very good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:09 pm 
Casual

Supernatural, Smallville ( yes i gotta see him fly ), One Tree Hill, Gossip Girls, the vampire diaries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm 
Casual

I've been considering Jericho, and also Kyle XY and The 4100 (or however many they are...). Aka shows with a bit more complex storylines.

As an addition - I did see the first season of Carnivale, and man that shit was WIERD. Thinking back I still dont get any of it...

Also: Räser... Gossip girl is why my GF watches :(. And even she thinks One Tree Hill is too much :D.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 pm 

Currently watching:
- House
- Family Guy
- Cleveland Show (not as good as Family Guy :( )
- Dexter
- Heroes (word is I'm the only one still watching)
- How I met Your Mother (best comedy)
- Lost
- Caprica (Battlestar Galactica prequel)
- V (lol aliens)
- Stargate Universe (shouldn't have ended Atlantis for this, but still somewhat entertaining)
- FlashForward
- Cougar Town (decent comedy)
- Sanctuary (Amanda Tapping is always win!)
- Californication
- Weeds

Some old canceled (fag networks) shows that are definitely worth watching:
- Traveler (conspiracy plots ftw!)
- Jericho
- Firefly

Older shows:
- Battlestar Galactica
- Stargate Atlantis
- Sarah Connor Chronicles

And ofcourse a neverending list of current and past comedy series!

Special mention for awardwinning UNFUNNY shit comedies like 30 Rock, It's never funny in Philadelphia and Entourage

Last edited by Siph on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm 
Casual

well miba, i live in a small small town, i need to watch something :P and after a while you just get into it. also forgot stargate sg-1 in addition to some of the shows you and siph have mentioned

*edit* Hells kitchen ( spelling ) is also cool :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 pm 
Casual

Awesome reply Siph :). Definately gonna check some of them out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm 
Ex-Officer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next