[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - New pc

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: New pc
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:28 pm 
Ex-Officer

There is nothing wrong with the P67 chipset btw. It's basically the same as Z68, only it doesn't support the sandy bridge gpu.

Asus had lots of trouble with their P67 boards when they first got released, but have since then updated to the B3 revision with a much better bios. All the cards work flawlessly now. Have built about 8 computers with them now and they all work great.

Another thing is that 4 sticks of ram really isn't faster/better than 2 sticks, cus with 2 sticks it already runs in dual channel, which is the highest performance you can get (there is no such thing as quad channel). The only thing you do by adding another 2 sticks is doubling the chance of something getting broken, and robbing yourself of a cheap upgrade in the future, if you ever need it. The speed will basically be the same.

Aaaaalso, SLI works great on most new games. Crossfire does not. Why? Because amd drivers suck donkeyballs compared to Nvidia. If there is ever a game that for some reason really don't work with SLI, you don't need SLI to run it at high fps anyway, so just disable it in the game profile and you are set to go :)

Enigma.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:11 pm 
Casual
 ICQ  Profile

Agree on that but todays games really need SLI or something? For me its a waste of money.
In addition your pc is most likely lowder, produces more heat and requires more power (=money).

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm 
Casual

Dont go H67 and 1333 imho. Go 1600 and Z68. The MoBo (far as I know) doesn't have a GPU, it has the controller for the one already in the CPU... It really does not matter all that much but all in all the Z68 ones are better value tbh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:59 pm 

well i think that a p67 PRO version is better then some avarage z68 that doesnt work with SLI, the one NOUI mentioned is waaay out of my leauge. cost like 50 euros moe then the one i would originaly go for. not to mention i still need to get a decent screen for all that.

thats why im goin with a 750Wat powersuply so i can just add another 560TI when i need it, or when tey will be cheap. and if not i rather go with a decent card to begin with so its easier to resell if needed, the cheapones noone wants

also i just want something decent that will work for few more years, as my laptop im using is more then 3 years old and im runing wow on bare minimum just high rez im used to not expect much :D but it would be nice to go with something fancy once i get my rig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:20 pm 
Casual

You may do as you please, of course. But you get more for your money not going p67.

And I would not recommend multi-gpu. Gfx cards don't go down all that much in price, ever, so what you will end up doing is buying a 560 Ti for 80% of the price it is now rather than buying a new one that is just a tad more expensive that is just a bit slower than what 2 560 Ti would be. And then you will end up with massive issues and having lower performance than with that theoretical card you should have just gotten instead. Unless the green team has awesome multi-gpu support (from what i gather the 6900s do better in 2s than the 500s, but whatever).

If you desperately want a p67 i wouldve sold u mine if u lived anywhere close. Im hugely disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 pm 

if you dont give me an exact name of the MoBO you suggesting i cant rly compare the one i chose with anything else. and unlike pple from Europe in Poland u dont rly earn alot, The avarage Joe usualy earns the bare minimum and its roughly 4100 Euro/year and thats before u pay taxes, health insurance and so on, not to mention pple have to pay rent, fuel to get to work, food and so on and so on. so spending like 1/4th of that for just a rig is kinda serious decission, also all this chipset discussion feels mehh.. im open to suggestions im not blindfolded just give me some names on those z68 MBoards. i think that chipset is fairly new so few months back there wouldnt be any discussion about this.

also i belive the Nvidia does a great job at MultiGPU, and who knows maybe ill get a better job and will be able to afford SLI on some other GFX cards then just 2 560TI :P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:15 pm 
Ex-Officer

Enigma.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 pm 
Casual

I could be wrong, last time i checked however (swe prices), z68 was not only better but also cheaper than p67.

In either way I do not recommend the ASUS boards unless u plan on going less than 1600 MHz ram. Mine is annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:27 am 
Ex-Officer

The Z68 boards are more expencive.

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe, Socket-1155 - 1990,-
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3, Socket-1155 - 1739,-

Source komplett.se

Enigma.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 pm 
Officer

don't hate on the Z boards now :( I want to hear that I made a good choice!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next