[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Cats

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Cats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm 
Casual
 ICQ  Profile

I thinking about getting a cat (for appartment only) and i am not sure if its okay to take only one cat or 2.

Many give the advice to take 2 cats but i would prefer to start with 1 cat, what you think about it?

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

Post subject: Re: Cats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:36 pm 

I got 1 cat like 4 months ago. Had no problems with her. I guess she gets abit bored when iam at the computer or work without another cat in the apartment (or any other animal).

I got the advice to get 2 also but i started with 1. I know 2 is best for the cats tho.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:58 am 
Casual

Cats, unlike dogs, do not require as much nurture and company and most of the time are fine to be left alone.
However, IF you live in an apartment(Which is something of the sort of a couple of rooms in it) having two might help them entertain and spend time better than scratching everything u own.
I myself have kept over 9 generations of cats, but i live in a house that is quite big plus i let them go in the yard very often.

I think tho that it shouldn't be a problem to start out with one, see if its doin okay, if it seems nervous or smthn when u come back home, and then decide on a 2nd one after that.

Also - What type of cat are you getting ?

P.S. <3 Norwegian Forest Cats are Angels !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:46 pm 
Casual

I adopted a pair of cats earlier this fall. They seem to like it here, but they fight with eachoter quite a bit (playing escalates and turns into more serious fighting). Seeing my apt is sorta small (59 m^2) I would probably be better off with just one. They can enjoy eachothers company, but most of the time beeing stuck with another cat in a small space is sort of stressful. The reason I have two is that they're siblings and its not like i went out and picked and chose, I just went to my local catshelter and asked who needed a home :).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:06 am 
Casual

What you should do is get 2 kittens, preferably of the gender and from the same litter. I'm not sure what age you got yours at Miba, but if you get them before they're 8 weeks old, they tend to bond better.
My two females are siblings and would frequently snuggle up when they were younger. They're old now (11) and age has made them both grumpy, but they definitely benefited from having each other's company.
Also, when you have more than one cat, you can more easily appreciate the differences in the their personalities and because kittens from the same litter don't necessarily have the same father, you can have two completely different looking cats.

Man I love cats..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
Casual

Mine are siblings and have never not lived together as far as i know. I got them when they were roughly 15 months because their previous owner was some sort of mental case and got institutionalized. They are somewhat damaged goods, but really if life was hard logically that would just make them stick together more, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am 
Casual

I want some pictures of these cute creatures, as i am allergic and can't have so much contact with them in real life. I love animals though ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm 
Casual
 ICQ  Profile

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/p ... MG0240.JPG
http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/p ... MG0235.JPG

here are my new cats (17 weeks old)

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm 
Casual

For a second I thought they were in a pool of milk in the second picture :)