[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Nethrah - X-Realm Resto Druid

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Nethrah - X-Realm Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 am 

Your Character:

Character Name: Nethrah
Character Class: Druid
Character WoWArmory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Nethrah
Character /played: 198 Days 23 Hours

Why have you chosen this particular spec (DPS/Healer/Tank): I've always been a healer in all the mmorpg's I've played so it was the obvious choice, I've been resto from day 1 and plan to stay that way!

Why have you spent your points that way: I've pretty much gone for all the obvious choices, sadly druids aren't a spec where you can experiment too much.

Give us a little background on yourself:

How old are you? 22

What do you do for a living? I currently work in sales and marketing which is generally a pretty 9-5 job.

What online games have you played before WoW, and on what level? I've played EQ2 beta, Star Wars Galaxies and several different RTS games ranging from Starcraft to Warhammer.

Hardware
About your computer hardware: I'm running wow on an Alienware ALX X-58 Intel Core i7 Extreme 3.2GHz 8MB Cache, duel 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 3GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

About your internet connection: I currently have a very stable 8mb connection.

Can you speak on Ventrilo? Yes

Do you respond well to criticism (constructive and not so constructive)? Haha, I'm not sure I respond well to it but I do take it on board and activity try to improve my play.

Detailed schedule.
List the days and hours you are normally available. 6:30-6:45 (depending on traffic) till 1am server time.

List the things that can affect your availability (job, school, friends etc). Generally (as sad as this is!) It's usually only work, however it tends not to be very often and I can usually give at least 7 days warning.

We need players who can and will prioritise raiding over other things. We can't have players who are going to be heavily occupied and unable to raid.

Brief history.
Previous guilds and reasons for leaving.

I began with Requiem on Al'Akir I then moved to Turalyon after progression in Requiem slowed down quite a bit to join Origin where I continued raiding in TBC and cleared all content up to Muru in the sunwell. I then quit the game due to some personal issues and decided to play casually with a friend on Karazhan server. I then realised I couldn't do without raiding. I then joined Arctic Avengers however a lot of member interest began to lapse and no one seems to want to do hard modes. I joined Perfectly Sane and progressed a fair bit however I don't feel as though I fit in socially in the guild which has resulted in me looking for a new guild.

PVE Experience.
List all raid instances and notable bosses you have defeated. (If you have raided pre-TBC or in TBC on a different character, please also post the realm and name of that character.)

Requiem - Al'Akir - Vanilla content Molten Core, BWL, ZG AQ20 + AQ40 Cleared. Naxx 2 Wings cleared. Also Gruul and Karazhan in TBC.
Origin - Magtheridon, SSC, TK, BT and also Sunwell upto Muru all cleared.
Arctic Avengers - Naxx, Sartharion 3 Drakes, Malygos and Ulduar (10+25) up to and including yogg-saron.
Perfectly Sane - Ulduar 10/25 All Cleared. Most hard modes done, I lack Freya and Yogg 1 keeper. I also lack the iron dwarf achievement for the meta.

What do you like about PVE? I enjoy the experience of learning new encounters and their hard modes, which is a huge part of why I left my previous guild and am seeking a new one.

What don't you like about PVE? I'm a bit down on the current learning curve. It took my previous guild two weeks to learn and clear Ulduar which to someone who spent days wiping in Black temple. I just feel the learning curve is very easy at the moment and it caters a little too much to the more casual raiders diminishing the value of the new encounters.

Do you have any other exceptional experience (raid-leading, world firsts etc)? I've been a raid leader in Origin when I had to be. It's not a job I'd take out of choice. Origin themselves were a pretty good guild at the time and were listed among the better guilds in Europe at the time.

Consumables and finance.

List the consumables are you going to bring to the raids. Flasks, Pots and Foods. (I do miss the days when I could add oils to that list though!)

Is farming gold and consumables difficult and painstaking for you? No, I have fishing and cooking maxed and I'm an alchemist so I'm pretty self sufficient.

Are you constantly broke? No, I do several dailys each day which keeps me topped up gold-wise.

Knowledge and theorycraft.

Do you read theory about your class? Yes, having played a druid since pretty much day 1 I have always taken an interest in the development of the class and how it can/should be played.

How do you keep yourself up to date? I visit a couple of sites. I also talk to several druid friends from previous servers and try to bounce ideas off them as much as possible.

Which sites and forums do you visit? I tend to frequent Elitistjerks and mmochampion and also the druid forums.

Tools.
Name a few add-ons that are essential for your role in PVE raids. Grid and Deadly Boss mods are two add-ons that I swear by.

Describe your keybindings: I group all of my healing buttons on the left side of my keyboard and have things like natures swiftness, swiftmend and innervate bound to my mouse buttons.

Just wanna thank you guys for firstly reading this wall of text and if I can provide any further details please let me know.

Post subject: Re: Nethrah - X-Realm Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:41 am 
Casual

Nice one :) Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:11 am 

Looks like a solid app, goodluck : )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:12 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:44 pm 
Ex-Officer

Rallylol Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:37 pm 

Accepted ! Talk to me(Yúvo) or Krunk for any futher Questions.

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Nethrah - X-Realm Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:08 am 
Casual

what happened to this one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 pm 
Casual

It seemed that the person who made this app wasnt the actual owner of the druid. And it seemed it was an old application of the guild the druid is in now.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:56 pm 

lol