[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [ACCEPTED] Mage returning to Talnivarr

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [ACCEPTED] Mage returning to Talnivarr
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 pm 

Who I am

My name is Elias Hallén and I’m a 20 year old male. I live in town in southern Sweden called Motala. I finished my upper secondary school education last summer, and because of financial crisis and school sickness, I haven’t done too much since then. That gives me pretty much time to do other stuff, which in most cases is gaming especially WoW. When I don’t sit by the computer, I use to go out with some friends and spend too much money on expensive drinks.

Character info

Name: Cantona
Class: Mage
Race: Troll
Time played: 284 days
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Cantoona not top notch gear, but I suppose it’s still working.

My speccs

Main: 20/51/0 Fire. Because it’s considered to be the best alround dps specc.
Secondary: 18/0/53 Frost. I use this specc for Freya and General Vezax hard mode. I did just put two talents in Ice Floes, so I could specc Ice Barrier to compromise the two fights, since Ice Barrier is preferable for Freya hard mode. I don’t lose too much dps on it on Vezax, since I can use Icy Veins in the beginning of the fight and have it up on the add (at least when I did it last time for about a month ago).

How I play

I play a mage, which is rather simple. When I’m playing fire I keep Living Bomb and Scorch (if it’s needed) up, spam fireballs and use Pyroblast when Hot Streak proccs. That’s pretty much it.
As frost it’s even more simple. It’s pretty much /cast Frostbolt all over and a Fireball when Brain Freeze proccs.
I could occasionally cast a Fireblast if I’m moving, but I try to move as little as possible, and use blink instead of moving, to get the best damage output.

My WoW carrier

Vanilla (Betrayed and Hated)
For about three and a half year ago I decided to start this game after some nagging of friends. My best friend played a troll mage, and I thought it looked cool, so I started this character.
I was probably one of the slowest levelers ever at that time, but after some short breaks and other shit I reached level 60 in Lower Blackrock Spire about half a year later.
After reaching level 60 I drifted around for a month or so.
The time went and I got sick of 5-mans, after hundreds BRD runs. Fortunately I had two friends with some influence in the guild Betrayed and Hated, and after a poor apply I got accepted. I felt cool to be in a raiding guild and learned some basics of raiding.
I don’t remember our progress exactly, but I think we got to Ragnaros in MC, killed Onyxia, cleared ZG and AQ20. We also did some attempts on Razorgore in BWL but failed.
I enjoyed my time through Vanilla WoW in Betrayed and Hated, although the guild had bad sides, like sometimes corrupted officers, but I didn’t know better at that time.

TBC (Betrayed and Hated, Seraphic, Distortion, BBB and Deceiver of Fools)
Time passed and TBC was launched. It took me about two weeks to get to level 70. Unfortunately our progress went really bad. If I remember it right we had killed the first four bosses in Karazhan after 3 weeks of raiding, which wasn’t that awesome. Mainly because of people being stoned and drunk during raids. At the same time some friends of mine created a new guild called Motala Country Club, that was supposed to raid Karazhan. I got more and more sick of people in Betrayed and Hated, so I decided to leave the guild and join my friends newly formed guild. I was in that guild for a couple of weeks, but instead of start raiding people quitted the game.
I wanted to be in a solid raiding guild, so I checked for a suitable guild on Talnivarr.
After some searching I found a guild that was called Seraphic that looked interesting.
I did an apply and got accepted. This guild was rather good and we killed High King Maulgar, but struggled on Gruul. I think we wiped on Gruul for a week and suddenly he bugged and we killed him. Unfortunately the guild disbanded the next day, if I remember it right. I think it was because of officers that got sick of not doing the progress that they had expected, but I’m not sure.
Anyways, now I was looking for a new guild again. This is in the spring of 2007.
I did an apply to Distortion, which turned out to be a very good choice. When I joined they were attempting on Magtheridon, and we killed him almost directly after I joined. After that we had some problems with Hydross in SSC and we weren’t smart enough to go for Lurker first. We couldn’t go for Void Reaver either since people slacked with the prequest. A few weeks with no progress went, but when Blizzard decided to remove the prequest for TK we went over there and killed Void Reaver on our first TK raid. We also killed Lurker the same lockout, and Hydross one week later.
The progress went pretty well and it didn’t take us too long to get to Lady Vashj.
But when we got to a very hard boss, problems started to grow.
This boss was a new level compared to the other bosses in SSC, which some people didn’t expect. Time passed without any progress, people got sick and some left mainly for
Booty Bay Bullies others quit playing. Two months went and the only progress we did was killing A’lar and Solarian, which wasn’t that satisfying. But during a rainy day in October we finally succeeded to kill her, with less than half of the guild that reached her two months earlier. I still count this kill as one of two best kills of my WoW history.
Unfortunately our great spirit didn’t last for too long. When we were attempting on Kael we experienced the same setbacks like on Vashj, not as large scale this time though.
Some weeks passed and the Tuesday before the second nerf we got him to 27% which was pretty frustrating, but we killed him on our first attempt the next lockout.
It felt like a great effort to finally complete the Vials of Eternity quest. On our first Mount Hyjal raid we managed to kill the first three bosses and Azgalor during the second raid. Then the officers decided to go for Archimonde instead of killing free loot bosses in BT, which I strongly criticized, but the didn’t listen to a regular member. We farmed Hyjal up to Archimonde and then tried to kill him for a couple of weeks. Then Christmas came and we had a break for some weeks. During that time we lost a big part of our guild again, and when we were supposed to start our raiding again we didn’t even have people for SSC or TK.
Some new people joined, and we were back in SSC/TK and didn’t manage to kill Vashj or Kael. This made me sick of stubborn officers that didn’t do their job and being back in the raids that we had suffered through for more than half a year. I just couldn’t take it anymore.
I decided to speak to the mage CL in BBB, and he told me that there was a spot for me,
which I after some thinking took.
When I joined BBB it seemed great, but my time in that guild turned out to be very short. Three weeks after I had joined the guild was disbanded.
A few days after that I got a PM from Neg who was the new GM of Distortion. He told me that they had reformed the guild and increased the raiding schedule to four instead of three days. I decided to return. The guild felt completely new, we progressed pretty fast through BT and we all had a really great time.
When Illidan was killed it was time for Sunwell, that turned out in a failure. We did some tries on Kalecgos without success. This made certain people tired, and they stopped to show up during progress raids.
The summer came and I got an offer to join Deceiver of Fools, which I refused.
Two weeks later the Distortion was totally closed down, because summer and of
Age of Conan.
I asked the mage CL in DoF if there still was a place for me, which it fortunately was.
At that time DoF had recently killed Felmyst and we killed Twins when I was in Sunwell for the first time with them. Then it was time for M’uru which turned out to be sick. During the summertimes we went down to three raid days a week, and couldn’t get the perfect setup that was needed to be able to make progress on M’uru. In the late summer we got some new people and we were able to start making real tries on M’uru. When the summer slack was over we started to do some real progress on it, and after some insane nights we finally killed it, three weeks before patch 3.0. This kill is side by side with Lady Vashj the best I’ve ever participated in. Unfortunately we just got Kil’Jaeden to 50% pre nerf . We killed him immediately after the nerf, and got an undeserved lagendary on our second kill.

WotLK (Deceiver of Fools and Bad Omen -)
Then Wrath of the Lich King came, and I was dedicated to reach level 80 very fast.
Which I partly failed to do. My journey to level 80 was filled with misfortune and frustration of not being fast enough. I did not enjoy one minute. I got especially frustrated when the first 25man raid CP/DoF raid was ran, and i was just 78. The day after your first raid I dinged 80, and didn’t get a spot in the raid, so I missed the precious titles.
The upcoming week, we cleared Naxx25 on our own and killed Malygos. Two weeks later The twilight zone was done, and the endless farming started.
The achievements made it a bit less boring, and after some misfortune we managed to achieve The Immortal of Naxxramas, and by that completing Heroic: Glory of the Raider.
When Ulduar came we tried to give you a match, so we raided pretty much 24/7.
Like we all know we didn’t succeed, but i still think we did ok. We got to Yogg the first lockout and we should have killed it, if some people had showed up that Tuesday.
But at least we killed it pretty smoothly next lockout, and got a server second.
The third lockout the plan was to start with some hard modes. We killed Iron Council medium mode(on first attempt actually) and tried Hodir for some hours and got him to 8% if I remember it right.
After that we didn’t do anymore hard modes, since people stopped to show up. Time passed and it only got worse, and after some weeks the believe was gone, so we decided to stop our raiding.
At that time I wasn’t 100% sure if I wanted to keep pushing hard modes, or go down to casual gaming. One guy in DoF knew an officer in the guild Bad Omen, which is a top guild on Dentarg. He asked me if I wanted to come with him and some other DoF players. It was a hard decision for me to leave the server, but after some days of thinking I decided to give it a chance.
When I joined the Bad Omen they had killed; Iron Council, Hodir and Thorim on hard mode.
During my my first lockout with the guild, we managed to kill XT and Vezax on hard mode and I felt delighted to raid on a new level. It kept going well and we got a world 19# on
One Light In The Darkness. After that we struggled some on Freya+3, but killed her after some nights of wiping(which I unfortunately missed, because I watched some stupid biking competition with my dad). Then it was just Mimiron left before Algalon, our progress on him went pretty good and we got him to phase 4(pre nerf), after just a few of nights.
But because of computer misfortune this was my last lockout as an active raider of Bad Omen. My motherboard crashed, and I decided to let the company where I bought my computer fix it, because it’s free and usually takes 1-3 days. That was a terrible misstake.
It turned out to take VERY long time, probably because of summer vacations.
After one month the GM of Bad Omen told, me that he had to demote me to casual.
And here I am now...
He has offered a future raiding spot when there will be one open. But I rather not stay as a casual on Dentarg, where I don't know too many people.

That was my history. I’m sorry if it’s a wall of text with too much smyls.

Why do I want to join Cráb People?

Well, I will transfer back to Talnivarr sooner or later. And if I’m gonna continue to raid 25man, which I’d like to do, you’re my only option on this server. I considered to do an apply right after DoF went under, but at that time the recruitment status was low on mages, and now it’s medium.
I’ve seen you doing awesome results during the years, as well being around since the early days of WoW. Every player that I’ve spoken to has always appeared to be very gentle.
I’m also a very good friend with Nifty and Meegozh, and it would be great to play with them again. I’ve played pretty much with Everlost too, and he’s a nice guy as well.

Why would Cráb People want this ugly troll?

With 284 days played on a single character I should know it rather well, otherwise I wouldn’t play this game.
Like everyone else I sometimes makes mistakes. When I’ve done a mistake(which I actually don’t do too often), I think of it for a while to not do it again. According to me that’s the best way to develope as a player.
I always tries to be as informed of encounters and my class as I possibly can.
Ask other players for advices is not an issue for me, and I also try to help others in a kind, if there’s something that they could improve.
I’m always prepared with all kind of consumables as well.
During the my time in DoF I had 96% attendance, from the release of WotLK until the end of our raiding, so attendance wont be a problem.
When it comes to Ventrilo, I mostly speak as much as I need to. I’m not the biggest talker, but if there’s something that I need to say, I do that.
I also try to be as good person as I can.

Here’s a WWS report from a Bad Omen raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zzhSDv1LYpa8Q02P/

My interface

This is not my exact UI, but that’s the best I can come up with at the moment. Normally I’ve got a small grid window to the right of my action bars and a better looking minimap.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9973/77959119.jpg

It’s not too flashy, but it’s working good for me. I like to keep the screen pretty clean.

Addons that I use in raids:
Bartender
X-perl
DBM
MSBT
Power Auras
Grid
Decursive

I don’t use any kind of meters, because I just watch it too much, and getting mad.

My computer and connection

I don’t remember my computers exact performance, I can say that it’s not one of the best but it’s still pretty ok for WoW.

I have a 8/.8kbits connection from Telia, which is very stabil. I’ve just had a few DC’s the last six years.

Some final words

That was pretty much it. I hope you found the application interesting, at least it was pretty cool to right it.
When it comes to my computer, according to the guys who’s serving it, I should get it back next week. Otherwise I’ll have to blow their store.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time and raiding this apply.
Feel free to ask questions.

Regards Cantona.

Post subject: Re: Mage returning to Talnivarr
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:54 pm 
Officer

One of the best mages I've ever played with. Definitely deserve a trial period.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm 

Thanks Nifty!

I see now that I missed to make my headlines bigger and thicker, like they were in my Word document.

I hope it's still readable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:08 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:30 pm 
Ex-Officer

Accepted, transfer at will.

Enigma.

Post subject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Mage returning to Talnivarr
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 pm 

Thank you very much!

Got some stuff to take care of today, so will probably transfer tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:09 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:31 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:52 pm 
Casual