[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Xrealm - Mihir, Feral Druid

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Xrealm - Mihir, Feral Druid
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:15 am 
King Crab

Let me introduce myself. I'm Michiel, a 28 year-old guy from the Netherlands, and I play a feral druid named Mihir on the realm Magtheridon.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Mihir

My guild (flatline, http://www.flatline-guild.eu/) recently stopped raiding and although I played as casual for a while, I find myself with too much free time on my hands so I started raiding again. However PUGs aren't all that, so therefore this application ;)
Our two guilds have some history together, tho it was before I joined them in june '07 (http://www.flatline-guild.eu/index.php?page=history). Namely flatline used to be called Four Kings, and before that Affliction, which as far as I know has been merged with your guild for some time under the name Original Sin on Genjuros in '06.
Another couple of connections between me and your guild: One of my collegues from work plays a warrior named Tunedbeats in your guild. And your old GM Spikespiegel used to play on Deathwing, where I leveled my shammy and was one of the reasons I turned back to druid

My WoW history (long story, hope you dont mind):

At the start of WoW I tried out a multitude of classes. I finally settled on Druid, cause of the flexibility inherent in the class. The ability to switch roles on a whim, from tanking, to melee dps, to healing, to ranged dps (tho with the increasing reliance on gear and talents this has become somewhat less true).
My first druid was a night elf, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Rayalla
I took my time leveling her as feral (this was before the 1.8 changes, so it was painful :P ), then specced innervate at 60 and participated in the realm first Onyxia kill, cleared MC, and Razorgore.
I didnt really like our current raidleader at that time, and the general immaturity of alliance, so I rerolled horde. First as a rogue on some pve realm, then a shaman on Deathwing. Did a bit of MC and ZG on my shammy, I met spike there, and he convinced me I should give druid another shot. (Later on I transferred my shammy to magtheridon, see http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n&n=Mihira ).

So I signed up for a premade-guild on the next realm that was going to come online, which turned out to be Boulderfist, in april '06. Thus Mihir was born ;)
We quickly cleared Ony, MC, ZG, BWL and AQ20. In AQ40 we were stuck at Huhuran for quite a while due to nature resistance problems. I did this as a healer, tho being a feral at heart I had as much points in feral as I could get away with and eventually managed to convince my raidleader I could tank some stuff as well. Initially this wasnt much, but with innervate becoming trainable I was the alround 0/30/21 spec for a long time (heart of the wild + nature's swiftness).
Eventually we managed to kill Huhuran and shortly after that Twins, and then in Naxx we cleared Instructor and Spider Wing. At this point the PVP patch hit, and TBC was on the horizon, so our guild pretty much fell apart.

In TBC I leveled as Feral, and tried to get the guild back together. I eventually ended up as main tank and GM, and we cleared Kara, Gruul, Mag, and Lurker in SSC. But there was lots of slacking and general bad players in the guild, and we were pretty much the nr 1 horde guild on the realm, so eventually I gave it up and disbanded the guild. I transferred to Magtheridon and joined Affliction, who were working on Kael'thas at that time.
The same week I joined we killed Kael'thas, and less than 2 months later Illidan (world top 30 kill). In all this I was still tanking, tho mostly in an offtank/switch-to-dps role. During BT We renamed to Four Kings, then when Sunwell came we renamed again, to flatline. We cleared Sunwell server 2nd (after nihilum), this was world 60th or something.

In WotLK I stayed as feral, we cleared all content pretty quickly, Twilight Zone and Maly 5min server 2nd again (maly was 1 day before the nerf). In Ulduar we went strong as well, quickly killing thorim & iron council hardmodes, and FL/XT/hodir/vezax shortly after they got nerfed. freya we spent a lot of time on, tho we only managed 2 trees up.
We've always run a tight roster, and due to summer, unhappiness with the leadership, and lack of applications, we ended up cancelling more and more raids. We cleared ulduar non-hardmodes for a couple of weeks while grabbing what ppl we could to fill the gaps but eventually our GM/officers got tired of it and left for Last Resort (Kazzak).

In the time between clearing of an instance and the next I leveled numerous alts, including a paladin (naxx25 geared), my old shaman (heroic/naxx10 geared), a 80 DK (heroic/naxx10 geared), and a 80 mage and 80 warrior.

When 3.1 PTR hit, I soon realized that feral dps was going to be very potent in ulduar. However flatline leadership didnt share this vision. So my role was kept at feral tank, and even tho i managed to top DPS meters on quite a few of the encounters, I was switched out when possible for a 'real' dps (who usually did 2k less). I'm applying as feral, tho I'm expecting/hoping this will be mostly for my DPS and raid utility offered by switching to tanking when needed, combat ressing and innervating.
Thorim is a good example, where I usually helped tanking in P1 in the arena in my dpsgear/spec, then in P2 did good damage.

I managed to replace nearly all my naxx gear with Ulduar gear, tho I still use some T7 for the set bonuses, or because of T8 lacking certain stats (expertise, stamina) or having too much of other stats (hit). I got multiple sets for different situations, including: cat dps set, stamina set, avoidance set, expertise/hit (threat) set, resto set and boomkin set.

My current specs are both feral, 1 for tanking and 1 for dps. Tho i got no problem with respeccing/glyping one of them to resto/balance might a boss require it (for example I was boomkin on our maly 5min kill, and resto on our first felmyst/twin eredar kills).
The specs I use are pretty standard, there are a few points that can be switched around between improved swipe damage, leader of the pack healing, or nurturing instinct for extra healing received in cat form (currently in improved swipe, for freya hardmode tries).

I like pushing for achievements, even tho i never managed to get Immortal (tried every week from december to ulduar release, ask tunedbeats for my whine stories xD ). I dont mind wiping for a long time just to get that one extra achievement done, as long as it's fun.
I havent fully completed the glory of ulduar ones yet, mostly due to being the 2nd feral in the guild, and lacking healers to set up guild raids. And a certain reluctance to pug hardmodes (tho I managed to get a few done last week).

Professions: I used to be Skin/LW at the start of WotLK, but officers kept whining so eventually I dropped skinning and got JC (who doesnt have it :P ).

I'm a avid reader of the elitistjerks forum, use the Rawr tool to work out my gear, and use the FeralbyNight addon as a helper for my DPs rotations. I like to post wishlists for every spec on our forums, and rework them everytime some new items are discovered or talents change.
Some WMO links:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/3396489#damageout
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/3349331#damageout
Some WWS links:
http://wowwebstats.com/2kd2rfc4sdjy3?s=22772-66801
http://wowwebstats.com/2kd2rfc4sdjy3?s=776526-904774
http://wowwebstats.com/d2v6rtcdyexqa?s=746181-808598

I dont use any standard interface package, instead i clean it up once in a while (generally a few weeks before any major patch), and from time to time i find a useful addon that i add to it. I don't really care if it looks like shit, as long as it gets the job done ;)
Main elements: XPerl for party/player/target frames, grid for raidframes, omen for threat management, FBN for dps rotations, recount for wipe analysis. I use either Bigwigs or Deadlybossmods (recently mostly deadlybossmods) for boss timers, tho i could probably do without if they stopped working for some reason.
For healing im a fan of mouseover macros combined with Grid.
Some screenshots of my interface:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9660 ... 234800.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/964/wo ... 213455.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7954 ... 231217.jpg
(back in TBC it looked like this: http://nihilum.mousesports.com/en/image/9661/ )

I'm basically available every night from 18:30 to 0:30. flatline used to have fri/sat as offdays, tho I often used those days for 10mans and alt raids.
I got a good microphone, and dont mind talking on vent (I think that its pretty much a requirement for any tank).

Since the flask/food nerf in TBC i dont mind being fully flasked/well fed for any progress raid, tho my abundance of useless old raidgear sometimes restricts my pot-inventory somewhat.

My PC is: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3GHz, 4GB ram, Windows7 Ultimate x64, nVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX, Creative SB XFi soundcard. Razer Lachesis mouse and Razer Tarantula keyoard. ADSL internet, 1.2MB/s down, 120KB/s up, 30-50ms ping.
I generally play in maximized windowed mode for easy alttabbing, tho if 100% stability is required I switch to fullscreen mode.

Why Crab People? As I already said, there is some connections already between us. I've always followed CP progress since I met Tunedbeats, and I used to joke that when my guild would fail CP would be the next option.
From what I've heard you are a progress oriented guild, with a good atmosphere and a long history, which appeals to me.

I know you already have a feral trial, but I'm hoping you will still consider this application.

Post subject: Re: Xrealm - Mihir, Feral Druid
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Great guy, highly dependable druid.

He's got my vote!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:23 am 
Casual

Strong application, looks good! Wish you good luck :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:32 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:15 am 
Ex-Officer

Ah I see that you have finished that novel you've been working on for quite some time. gz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:07 am 
Casual

Amazing... We will discuss our current feral positions with our officers. Hold on!

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 pm 
King Crab

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:07 pm 

looks really fine ..thought cant understand why dont u use berserking on the staff :).also if u got another two pieces of tier8 or 8.5 go ahead and use them since the set bonus 4p would obviously be better than using 2p bonus of tier7.5 and 2p bonus of tier8.5 ...anyway got my vote!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 pm 
King Crab