[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Remieh and Bobberen, Death knight and rogue

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Remieh and Bobberen, Death knight and rogue
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm 

Hello there. This is an application from two mates who have been playing together for a very long time. We are both very ambitious and show a great attitude towards raiding and guilding. We've chosen to make this application because we want to play in the same guild and if one of us can't be offered a spot, none of us are interested in joining as we wish to play together and keep it going.

This application consists of two applications, one from me, Remieh, and one from my mate Bobberen.

Remieh

SECTION 1 - INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLAYER BEHIND THE SCREEN

[*] Write a small bit about you, where you are from, what you do outside WoW, and what your targets in the game are.
Answer:
My name is Simon Leth-Nissen and I'm 21, living in Ã…rhus in Denmark. I play a lot of different games (mostly PC) I have been working for almost a year now earning some money and having time to raid every single day and in a month I'll start studying at the University of Ã…rhus, but that will not affect my raiding attendance.
My main target in game is to progress and have fun with my friends during raids and outside raids, and I see myself as a very social and helpful person.
Just for a notice this is a cross-realm application so you cannot contact me ingame for a talk, but I will gladly make a lvl 1 something or 55 dk and come and have a chat with you :)

[*] Do you have any real life factor(s) that can hinder your playing?:
Not anymore, I used to play football but as I started working I quit football and my life turned into sleep, work, food, wow and im using my weekends on going out etc.

[*] We normally raid from 18:45(invites start) til 0:00 (CET/GMT+1), is this a problem for you?:
Nope, not at all, im very used to these raiding times and I'm always showing up on time.

[*] What activity or attendance percentage would you guess that you can manage?: In Fudged I was at 100% before I got a salmonella infection and went to the hospital for 2 weeks and ofc im going on vacations as well but when talking regular raiding days i'm having a raid attendance of 100%.

[*] We expect our guildies to be familiar w/ forums and frequently visit it. Is this something you're used to?: Yes I'm very used to it. Currently I have alot of responsibility in my guild which means im on the forums every day and this is not gonna change if im joining.

[*] Why should we recruit YOU? :
I believe you want me for my dedication to the game, my general knowledge of the game both in terms of what each class is capable of and how the game mechanics work, who I am and what I can benefit the guild with. I see myself as a very complete raider who joins every raid, I show up on time prepared with my raiding bag full of good stuff. This includes dragonfin filets, potions of speed, fish feasts for the slackers, tanking and dps flasks, health and mana pots for me and mates and ofc pirate fishes /yarr. I read up on my class, often visiting elitistjerks, and im prepared for every single new encounter I haven't tried before. I'm a very loyal person as I described in the guild section and I'm always focusing 100% during raids and never going afk and fakedcing is not in my vocabulary. I know my gear is not filled with hardmode loot but there aren't any MAJOR upgrades to my gear so please don't judge my app only on my gear because I do perform very well.
In addition I'm always reaching the highest nonCL rank there is and I've always had a very big responsible during raids when it comes to interrupts or any other special stuff that needs to be handled so im used to having special duties besides just pushing my dps and in raids im doing a very very tiny amount of mistakes.
Another thing about me is that I'm a sportsman. I have been playing football all my life and I'm a very bad loser, not when it comes to loot, but when it comes to damage meter. This means i'm doing my very best all the times to be number 1 and I love the competition of the game and the competition of the damage meter.

[*] What guilds have you been in before, why did you leave, and did you leave on friendly enough terms any of them could be used as a reference for you as a player and as a person?
Answer:

My guilds worth mentioning:
I haven't really been in a huge amount of guilds and the main reason for this is that I'm a very loyal guy and I don't like jumping from one guild to another day after day. I have always joined a guild and been promoted to the highest rank besides class leader and guildmaster after some time because I showed ~100% raid attendance, dedication and skills and furthermore had a pleasent attitude to other players.

-Aetas - Alliance guild on Ravencrest:
Here I played mage and progressed with the guild through TK and SSC all the way up to our Illidan kill which was reached before the nerf. I was always topping the damage meters together with my classleader and I didn't have any enemies on the servers(allthough some ppl liked to have long discussions with me in gchat because they didn't know enough about their class :p) With that in mind, I know when to shut up and close things in a friendly maner.)

-Fudged - Horde guild on Bloodfeather:
At the time Wotlk came out I was bored and pisstired of my mage so i chose to reroll death knight to find some more fun and I found what I was looking for. Me, my brother and some friends rerolled horde which is the current guild I am still in with my death knight. Here i have the Elite rank (Officers and GM ranks above) which is only given to the most dedicated, skilled and active players in the guild. (Although silly promotions are being thrown out nowadays.) In Fudged me and my friend Bobberen, who is also applying to the guild, are always topping the damage meters, even as 2 melee classes on boss fights where ranged dps are being buffed like shit. We are kind of tired of this situation and furthermore the guild is not progressing at all. Bloodfeather is a medium server and it really seems like the server doesn't have what it takes so that's why we are searching for other paths. We are simply tired of people not showing up for progress raids, not being skilled enough to play their class right, slackers, afkers, facerollers, I'm sure you know the types :)
An important thing worth mentioning here is that I have been here for a very very long time and I have been in the guild during very hard times and always been loyal to the officers who have had their job to do.

I would be surprised if there are any people from any of those guilds I've mentioned that would give me a bad reference, although they would probably hate me if I left the guild, they are that kind of type some of them.

[*] What bosses/instances have you already killed or attempted?
Answer:
MC/BWL is what I did pretbc, I was not a hardcore player at that time.
Ssc/TK/BT/1st boss in SWP on my mage, enjoyed it - magtheridon etc included ofc.
Wotlk - Every boss - have the key to unlock him and have tried in two hours by now, and I know the fight completely now. I'm very good and fast at adapting.
Completed all Ulduar10 hardmodes and killed some of the Ulduar25 ones which are not even hard most of them but my guild just fails. I see Freya+3, Mimiron and YS+0-1 as hard, the others are quite cake. I have tried Algalon as well and know all of the mechanics of the fight well enough. I have both tanked and dpsed most of it, both 10 and 25.

[*] What do you find most rewarding in the game?
Answer:
What I find the most rewarding in WoW is definately having fun with my mates, topping the meters WHILE progress raiding and I really don't have anything against wiping a whole night on a boss as long as I know people are skilled and have what it takes. The feeling when you get a boss down you have been progressing on for a long time is just amazing and the last %s where you heart is beating and the pulse has rissen, its just awesome!

[*] What do you find most frustrating in the game?
Answer:
People who are just generally slacking. This can be in various ways like not gemming gear properly, not knowing their class properly, not having their gear enchanted with the best enchants no matter if you have the item for 1 week, people who are not showing up for raids(worse those who accept a raid and not showing up), people who are not giving their absolute best every time they raid, those who don't bring food, flasks and haste pots/potion of wild magic to raids. Ahh well. You get the point. Oh, including people who are wearing full conq and rest ulduar25 gear and cannot push more than 3.5k dps fully raid buffed :(!

SECTION 2 - ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

[*] Character Name and Armoury Profile
Answer:
Remieh
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=Remieh

I started out with Mining/herbalism when lvling to get me some gold to start off with but when I joined Fudged I had gotten enough gold needed to level my jewelcrafting and blacksmithing which I have now. I chose these two because they are the best professions pvewise and I like the raw stats i get from the gems and extra sockets over AP enchants. For the patch I saved some JC tokens for the new epic gem designs so I have all the ones I need and the ones who are mostly used by guildmembers. I also have first aid, cooking and fishing all capped, with the majority of recipes.

[*] Raiding Spec (link to WoWhead please) with an explanation why you chose this particular spec
Answer:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0Icfkf0stMZfzhoxc
Blood dps specc - I have played blood since I got to level 80 and I really enjoy this specc and really practised the rotations and DC dumps alot. The specc focuses on having alot of armorpenetration, I am hitcapped, Exp capped and furthermore focusing on a very high damage and especially a very high burst damage (dno if it is impressive to you but doing 10k dps on Xt-002's heart when popping everything) which I find important to have in many encounters. I tried different combinations of the blood specc and I found this the best for the way im rotating.
I know currently after the patch that DW frost specc is the highest dps specc but atm I don't have the 1h's it takes to try the specc out, and ofc, if I do get those, I'm more than willing to try it out, whatever serves the guild the most.

[*] Do you have any other types of gear?
Answer:
Yes I do. I have full Ulduar10/Ulduar25 tanking gear and I'm quite used to tanking as well. I am the guilds "main offtank" which means that when a tank is not available I will be used. That ment that I had prio on tanking loot that the tanks didn't need, so i have 3 conqs, 1 valour shoulders, crafted belt etc. Point of this is I can and have tanked Ulduar25 before and I do have the gear to tank hardmodes, I know how to rotate my cds, move with bosses, avoiding different damage stuff etc.

SECTION 3 - ABOUT YOUR PC/INTERNET/UI

[*] What are the three most useful UI addons you use and why?Answer:
I assume Omen and Bossmods are required/standard and else I'm actually only using Grid to have an overview over the raids hp/deaths and it's giving me more space to the actual game so it gives me a better overview of the game as well.
My UI is almost as standard as it can be, I have tried playing with different UIs but standard really just have what it takes for me to be raiding and I'm quite satisfied with it. Whenever something new comes up, i'm checking it and see if i can benefit in any ways from it.

[*] What is the spec of your PC/Mac? (CPU, Memory, Graphics Card). What is your average FPS in raids?
Answer:
My computer is very good and I have never had any problems with it during raids, never spikelagging and my FPS in raids is 60 (with vsync, 150 fps without) with maximum graphics.

[*] What type of internet connection do you have, and who supplies it ?. Is it reliable ?
Answer:
The supply of my internet is the biggest company in Denmark and it is very reliable. I never DC during raids and I have one of the best connections available at the moment.

SECTION 4 - QUESTIONS FOR US

[*] Any other comments you want to make?
Answer:
I've used Ventrilo alot during my gaming carrier and I have spent an extreme amount of time at the computer not playing WoW. Most of the time I have been playing counter-strike both on a serious and non-serious level. I believe I can use the qualities of the competition part of counter-strike, and the social part of it while playing WoW. I'm not afraid to speak on ventrilo or shout at people when required, and although I talk a lot I will shut up when told to. I tend to spend a lot of time on Ventrilo even when not in game just to talk to people about random topics.

What I'm trying to achieve with this application is finding the right place for me and my friend to play. A friendly but also extremely hardcore guild who really shows the same dedication and enthusiasm to the game as we do and I really hope you will take your time to consider my application. My dps in raids is very high due to skills, focus and being prepared every time.

In the application guidelines it says "Tell us why we should want you", and I believe you would want me for my dedication to the game, my general knowledge of the game both in terms of what each class is capable of and how the game mechanics work, who I am and how nice a person I am in general, from helping alts with quests and instance runs to playing games outside of WoW. I just want to join the races of being Realm First and even world/Eu first and I know I have what it takes to be a part of it and I will do everything I can to show that I should be a part of the core 25 man raiding group.
I’m used to show a 100% raid attendance when raiding 5 days a week from 18.45-24 and I will easily continue to do that. I show up every raid with my bag of raiding stuff filled; Dragonfin filets, dps and tank flasks, health pots, fish feasts for the slackers, mana pots for mates if need be, haste pots for myself and others if they slack and of course pirate fishes /yarr.
My abilities are all binded to keys which are easy to reach with my hand so I don’t have to call myself a clicker and I bind all the useful buttons to make it fast and I don’t have any issues with moving and using either of my abilities at the same time.

If you have any further things you like some informations about, feel free to ask.

Bobberen:

SECTION 1 - ABOUT YOU THE PLAYER

[*] Write a small bit about you, where you are from, what you do outside WoW, and what your targets in the game are.
Answer:
My name is Lasse. 18 years old. I'm from Denmark, just finished my education. Outside wow i atm. dont do anything, dont have a job or so, so spending most of my time infront of the computer :b Else im playing a small amount of football some days with some friends.
I play wow cause i found it exciting progressing all the time, having new encounters to try. I like progression. Else i also like just doing other things with guildies when not raiding. like, pvp'ing HC's etc.

[*] /played (for several characters, try making a total estimate):
I have like 2x lvl 80 chars and 1x lvl 70 which i played back in TBC. In total I have played:
58 days Rogue (Main)
18 days Paladin (Tank and Retribution PvP Alt)
46 days Alliance Warrior (Main back in TBC)
= 122 days played time
I've always played Melee classes, because I found them the most interesting ^^ Been trying to lvl up ranged classes but stopped halfway through because I missed my melee weapons.

[*] Do you have any real life factor(s) that can hinder your playing?:
Nope, not really, no job, no education, no unexpected family dinners and if something really unexpected comes up I will always inform the officers about it in best time possible. Sometimes I play football with my mates but that doesn’t affect my attendance normally.

[*] We normally raid from 18:45(invites start) til 0:00 (CET/GMT+1), is this a problem for you?:
Nope, I’m used to those raidtimes, raiding from 18.45-23 now and the extra hour is just more time for progressing so that’s awesome for me.

[*] What activity or attendance percentage would you guess that you can manage?:
In my current guild I am very close to 100% attendance and I believe I can manage at least the same in realitysucks. If you don’t look upon deaths in family or me getting ill and vacations and such situations where it’s normally allowed not to raid, I don’t see why I shouldn’t be able to perform an attendance of 95-100%. I will always do my very best to keep my attendance as high as possible.

[*] We expect our guildies to be familiar w/ forums and frequently visit it. Is this something you're used to?: Yes, I often check forums and I like to take my part of discussions but in general I’m a quiet person who’s not flaming others or raging at anyone.

[*] Why should we recruit YOU? :
I believe you want me for my dedication to the game, my general knowledge of the game both in terms of what each class is capable of and how the game mechanics work, who I am and what I can benefit the guild with. I see myself as a very complete raider who joins every raid, I show up on time prepared with my raiding bag full of good stuff. This includes blackened dragonfin, potions of speed, dps flasks and health pots. I read up on my class, often visiting elitistjerks, and I’m prepared for every single new encounter I haven't tried before. I'm a very loyal person as I described in the guild section and I'm always focusing 100% during raids and never going afk and fakedcing is not in my vocabulary.
In addition I'm always reaching the highest nonCL rank there is and I've always had a very big responsible during raids when it comes to interrupts or any other special stuff that needs to be handled so im used to having special duties besides just pushing my dps and in raids I’m doing a very very tiny amount of mistakes. You get a player who wants to play with players who are at the same level as himself and is willing to do anything to help the guild as much as possible.

[*] What guilds have you been in before, why did you leave, and did you leave on friendly enough terms any of them could be used as a reference for you as a player and as a person?Answer:

- Aetas - Ravencrest as Alpehuebob (Dps warr). Joined the guild as dps, and cleared all up to Illidan when Wotlk came. then i changed to Horde side cause ally was getting pretty bored and i wanted to try out some new things. Guild/char
- Cursed - Bloodfeather as Bobberen (Rogue). Joined the guild in the start of Wotlk and cleared almost everything. but wanted new challenges, cause i didn't find the guild to my standards so switched to....
- Fudged - Bloodfeather as Bobberen (Rogue). Joined the guild after Cursed cause they were more progressive, so iwanted to try that, and also had some m8s in the guild at that point. i've been playing here for some time now, and cleared almost everything as an Elite member. which is the highest rank u can get as a raider before CL's.
I want to leave them and join you, because i feel the progression has stopped. many ppl have almost the best gear in the guild they can get. and still do sucky dps. (lack of class exp.) which i hate when some of us know how to play our char and do max dps, so pisses me off doing same encounter every week when we could've killed it in a 3shot, because ppl dunno how to play their class. i don mind progression, but the fact that ppl slow it down SO much because of lack of a brain :)

I don't think that anyone would have any bad references for me, i've never been a pig, ninja, etc. bad things in my WoW carrier.

[*] What bosses/instances have you already killed or attempted? Please include pre-TBC content as well.
Answer:

Started my wow carrier when TBC was active on the market:
TBC: Cleared everything. TK, Hyjal, Gruul, Karazhan, SSC, Magtheridon - except Illidan and Sunwell, due to Wotlk release. Was on an education thingy in spain when the guild downed Illidan, so couldn't be in the raid on the kill :(
Wotlk: All HC's - OS10 +3 - OS25 +3 - EoE10 - EoE25 - Naxx10 - Naxx25 - Ulduar10 (have Rusted proto drake) - Ulduar25 (fully cleared, done a few 25man hardmodes, Orbit Uary - Stokin' the furnace - Iron Dwarf, medium rare - Heartbreaker and Disarmed.) As i told before, the rest of the 25man Hardmodes seems so freaking cake, but when we have shit loads of ppl that dno how to play their char and do some dmg, it's sadly not easy to progress :( Always me and Remieh (DK) that are topping meters, even in a ranged fight!

[*] What bosses have you found the most enjoyable?
Answer:

I find Yogg-saron interesting. like that u have to focus on more than one thing, like sanity and stuff, and the fight is just .. yeah. i like it :)
Else a guy like Mimiron hardmode i find funny aswell. it's a bit stressfull sometimes, which i like, i like having something to do during an encounter so it's not just tank n´spank.

[*] What bosses have you found the most challenging?Answer:

Atm. i really haven't found any boss really challenging. I found all bosses simple as long as u know tacs and playing with good guildies :)

[*] What do you find most rewarding in the game?
Answer:
I like when downing a new boss which u have been struggling with for even a week, i find it very joyable :D
I also like seeing ppl who've done good, getting rewarded with gear and such :)

[*] What do you find most frustrating in the game?
Answer:

I find it very frustrating when ppl don't have a clue how to play their char. that can piss me off since it's not only him who ends up with "shit" it's everybody
Retarded 12 year old ppl who always thinks their right, ppl with sucky connections which DC's all the time, and slows things up :/
And ppl who've done crappy getting rewarded :(

SECTION 2 - ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

[*] Character Name and Armoury Profile
Answer:

Bobberen (Rogue)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Bobberen
(my alt - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... allawallah)

my proffesions: Herbalism - So whenever i get low on cash, i can spend some hours farming herbs for gold so i'll never get low on that, so i always will be maxed with flasks, food etc. for raids. usually always have around 70 flasks in bag so i'll never get low when for example getting an instant inv. and summon because someone had to leave the raid :b and shitloads of Foodbuffs aswell.
2nd proff: Jewelcrafting - Simple shit. pro gems! i am also having all the recepies that i'll be needing for my own gear, so i can make my gems to myself the cheapest way. (Mining on Alt, for even cheaper gems) Else, Maxed Fishing and Cooking. (all recipes)

[*] Raiding Spec (link to WoWhead please) with an explanation why you chose this particular spec
Answer:

Rogue Mutilate PvE specc. Pretty standard mutilate specc, it's the best out atm. which i can pop out the most dmg. with. I like playing Mutilate, cause theres many things to do, keeping 3 things up all the time to make the most possible dmg. i like having things to do so it's not just "spamming FoK" ^^
But yeah ofc. i see maaaany rogues playing combat, and will ofc. be willing to try it out if the guild demands it, but atm. i dont have any decent MH. so thats why aswell :) And i found Mutilate pretty ownage and funny anyways, and the fact that i'm not like "all the other" ^^

[*] Do you know anyone in cráb people?
Answer:

I'm another realm migrater, so my answer to that will sadly be no. But i hope i will get to know u all ^^

SECTION 3 - ABOUT YOUR PC/INTERNET/UI

[*] What are the three most useful UI addons you use and why?
Answer:
Omen and Bossmods are required/standard, so I won't include them.

Cutup - So i can ceep my dmg buffs are up at all costs. (Slice and Dice / Rupture)
RogueFocusClassic - So my combo points and energy will be showed very clearly so i wont spend ages on looking in left corner on enerygy/combo points while fighting an Encounter.
Classtimer - So i can keep my HFB up at all time since it's a pretty important buff to have all time as Rogue in this specc :)

Those are my 3 best addons, since i like having a big overview over all my things which need to be going all the time.

[*] What type of internet connection do you have, and who supplies it ?. Is it reliable ?
Answer:

8MB Tele2, Stable Internet here from Denmark, one of the biggest I-net suppliers, never having any major shutdowns or anything. so my Internet is pretty good.

SECTION 4 - QUESTIONS FOR US

[*] Any other comments you want to make?
Answer:

I would like to join you because u sound like a guild with ppl that really know how to play this game, which i've been looking for in ages, im getting tired of this non-progression thingy because some ppl screw it up for everyone else because they lack a "wow-char-brain" lol.
Your'e one of the pretty nice guilds which i think will suit me and my "wow-skills" perfect.

And why you should pick me: Im a pretty nice guy, like progression with ppl that knows the game as i do :) i've been playing Rogue for pretty long time now, so I know basically everything about my char and feeling prepared to join a new progressive guild as cráb people.

Post subject: Re: Remieh and Bobberen, Death knight and rogue
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 am 

i suppose it's worth pointing out that herbalism is really not a raiding profession for any class or spec, do you have any comments on that?

Anyway that's a very thorough and well written wall of text :P What guild's application template is it using?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 am 

TL;DR

But goodluck with apps, you put alot of work into it : )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm 
Casual

Heya both of you, Sorry been very busy lately but I'm going to check this one out a bit more thorough tonight/tomorrow and I'll get back to asap.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 am 

Just as a little note, ill be getting the tier9 gloves friday and thats the reason why im wearing my current gloves and I bought the shoulders.. I've been wearing 8.5 shoulders and gloves for the setbonus for some time now, im currently replacing alot of gear which is the reason why something might be weird.. (for instance non-epic gem in gloves)...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:00 pm 
Casual

My apolagise for the long wait.

Anyway alright after a lot of "if"s and "but"s we're sorry but going to have to decline this one fellas, just can't push any more room that would make it a good raid envoirment for you both.

Good luck in your future search for a new guild etc.