[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Application for Cataclysm.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Withdrawn] Application for Cataclysm.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 am 

Hi! Lil bit of background info first I guess given what it contains:

I rolled on an RP server (Earthen Ring) when I started way back when and I've been in the best group there in a server getting increasingly shite for 2 years or so now. This has now reached the point where I am melee CL bashing my head against the quality of the players I have to work with, and with most of the members of the team I trust leaving very soon I decided I couldnt really retain my sanity while raiding with em in cataclysm! I spoke with the RL and we agreed I would stay until the expansion hit then be off. If this isnt ok with you guys feel free to skip the rest and ignore me!

Oh good youre still reading.

Raiding History:
Crap guilds for first year or so while I l2ped, rolled for the first time while bored out of my mind recovering from knee surgery in 2007 then got completely hooked. Then I joined Unity Path in early sunwell times when they had just killed Brutallus in karazhan/ZA gear and earned my place. >1000 wipes on M'uru later we got a kill on the night before 3.0 which I was at. Stayed around in Naxx for GOTR10 and a whole lot of near misses on the immortal GOTR25, Ulduar for the two metas there shortly before ToTGC unlocked and Deaths Demise/Celestial defender long after they meant a damn thing. We had 1 run of 50 wipes there and unfortunately I wasnt on it, but at this point I became CL and began leading plenty of ToGC10 50+ runs. Both metas in ICC10, no LK heroic kills in either. Few WoLs from farm runs, and the most recent LK wipe night (though it wasnt a good one):
LK:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9u1jl ... amageDone/
ICC25H farm runs for vague idea of what I can do while im zoned out yawning on easymode content...:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-61wh4 ... amageDone/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ei56e ... amageDone/

I've always been a 4/5 or 5/5 player, no matter what the time, and I normally run 10-mans on mondays and tuesdays, so availability is no problem. Used to kick rotas and such and I talk too fucking much on vent at times, I normally do the calls where they are needed for things: timers and such and ghost positioning on deathwhisper (I look where ghosts are and tell the melee to move on vent...) atm, and I had the super-fun job on felmyst too back in the day. Ive done other strange and slightly tricky jobs which needed volunteers, such as keeping the hunter in the pvp fight from casting a damn thing on my own with a wierd sub spec in totc (shadowdance CS, KS, imp gouge, blind, dismantle+prepdismantle on a rota).

Armoury and spec:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&cn=Codor
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... Unity+Path

Running with FoK right now for reasons of the LK, normally tott for much of the content and probably anything after: tried it out last raid on sunday to gain some valkyr damage maybe but its something im testing out with people. Gems/spec/enchants arent really negiotiable, cookiecutter ftw. Gems past arp cap calculated using a combination of common sense and aldriannas unupdated-for-a-while-but-still-accurate-afaik combat sheet from EJ. Need a few things til im BiS but thats all irelevant since I wouldnt join til cata anyway, just showing im not a complete waste of time with regards theorycrafting. Played muti early 3.3 and it was uh, faceroll easy for insane dps, but respecced after the nerfs because frankly I prefer combat anyways, more flexibility on multitarget and some rather shiny burst damage to exploit hysteria/weakened boss phases/adds which need to die fast, and better damage in most cases. Offspec is my own personal combat pvp spec. It makes little sense but its just something I do on the side :).

About me: Tom, 21, from london, just finished my first degree in medical biochemistry at KCL, starting a research-based masters at Imperial in october, after which ill be doing a PhD hopefully: in other words fulltime student with far too much fucking time on my hands. I am very competitive and focussed: I will always give 100% when it matters, and while I am capable of not acting like an arsehole the whole time, in my experience only crap applicant describe themselves as 'mature' in the absence of better epithets so I wont do that. In case that last bit wasnt a clue im also fairly sarcastic. Just a lil bit :). I think I am fairly far down the road to understanding my class, but I am always willing to learn and be told where im totally wrong. I PvP a little bit too: played ele shaman/combat/disc up to about 2k in 3s and disc/combat up to 2k in 2s last season, then gave up. Just starting again a bit pvping casually on my DK waiting for the looooovely pvp changes for rogue survivability in cata, as well as getting prep in a combat pvp tree (<3).

PC is alienware, cost me 2 grand a couple months ago and its fucking brilliant: aurora I think it was called, but top of the line: no problems, no slowdown thus far, even in this heatwave. Backup laptop which is more than capable of running the game too if this one explodes suddenly. BT business broadband connection in the flat im in, might move to postgrad halls in october but that has internet. As another nice backup, I live in london, and last summer when BT fucked up the connection in my old house for months on end I raided 5/5 in the gaming-style internet cafe in trocadero if anyone else is in london and knows it. It was expensive but yeah, I can do that if the internet goes down as well as my PC anytime... And I can both talk and listen on vent: multitasking as well!

UI screenshot in a raid incoming: basically the one ill post below (once ive worked out how... bit late now and its not a proper shot anyway: will get back to you on that), but with a small bit for raid members in the corner so I can see whos alive and get tricks on the people who need it. Will stick one from a raid in asap. Use discodice still because I like it, but got a classtimer mod all set up for the day when a patch finally breaks Ddice and I cant have bars whose look is aesthetically pleasing to me :(. Xperl also: i like it and have seen no real advantage which would give me the edge from any other options. Recently switched to DocsUI for nameplates but havent decided if im going to keep it yet, nice so far though. And I use DBM but I really dont care which of those is your preference: ill gladly switch, they all have the same function it just depends on which is best at the time which changes rather rapidly as do the addons themselves by fights and what the authors have done (thus why im running alpha DBM currently).

[img]C:\Users\Public\Games\World%20of%20Warcraft\Screenshots\WoWScrnShot_070610_010107[/img]

Any other questions please ask. I know the 'only in cata' thing is tricky, but I really owe it to the people in the group to keep it going til then with all the issues which need dealing with, and I suspect the content is rather 'kill, rinse, repeat' for you right now anyway, but I would understand if its too high a stumbling block ofc. Its just that ive been here a while, and the few competent people left do mean something to me, and I would prefer to kill the LK and halion on heroic with them, then more on to somewhere where I dont break my forehead on a regular basis headdesking at the other people we have to keep in raids to fill the slots.

Post subject: Re: Application for Cataclysm.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 am 
King Crab

screenshot doesnt work, upload it first somewhere (www.icanhasimage.com)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:09 pm 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hey,

In general, kudo's for a good application.

I'm sure you'll understand that cataclysm is still quite some time away, so it's difficult to give you a definitive answer straight away.

What are your expectations on this? Do you expect a yes or no from us soon? Or can we "park" your application and review it when the time is there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 pm 

First off my UI: sorry for the delay, was waiting til the raid last night to get a proper one:

And I dont honestly know what to expect. A yes/no would be great but probably unrealistic, I can understand why holding a spot for this long would be difficult. Parking is probably the best option for all involved, but then would there be any guarantee of space when it actually came to cata? Thats the reason I stuck it in now: I actually saw a rogue space which is uh, not a common thing in the top groups in my experience >.<. Its entirely up to you really, I know its an unusual way to do things, so sorry for that... And thanks for the kudos!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm 
King Crab

xperl +++

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm 
Casual

Small Bump.

We cant keep the spot open. We will keep recruiting and trying to fill the rogue spots before cata is released. So we cant guarantee that if we accept you for cataclysm now that we will actually have a spot open at that time.

So its up to you and Inf/Tuned if they think you are worthy of a trial spot of course!

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 am 

OK so... As mentioned I was a bit fed up with things in the other group... I have now left, but in the meantime I applied to another group who someone who also left my group was in: clarity. Not sure about the status of that app, I was told by her that they may be accepting 'for cata' apps, but haven't heard back yet. I would like to put this up for consideration again for the immediate future though if thats still possible.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

So just that i understand correct you want your application to be evaluated to raid with us for the remainder of WotLK? (and including Cata ofcourse :))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 pm 

Yar :). Rerolled engi btw since then which I had been meaning to do and switched to a high rupture mainspec and evis-spam offspec but most of the rest is still true!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 am 

Apologies for the way this has been done but I am afraid I was accepted to a trial elsewhere, as I mentioned I applied elsewhere before things changed and I thought the best way to deal was just to accept the first one rather than picking and choosing since I didn't intend to be applying multiple places. Best of luck, and sorry for reopening then shutting this in a matter of days :(.