[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Heroes of Newerth

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Heroes of Newerth
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:57 pm 
Ex-Officer

The Dreamhack HoN tournament is starting

And yeah, it's 170,000SEK(17,800EUR) worth of prizes + prize money in the tournament. The highest ever on dreamhack.

Post subject: Re: Heroes of Newerth
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm 
Ex-Officer

http://hon.esportmedia.com/video/2010/0 ... -msi-gam-2

Fucking awesome game for anyone who want to see what HoN is all about or just see an epic game. Use pop out player and you can decide size for yourself instead of the small player.

is kinda boring but nice to see if you want the original continuity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 pm 

Damn watching this makes ne think WHY OH WHY was is so important to make a remake of dota ? Dota was already global etc. Its the same shit only new names on the heroes that makes me confused. "OMG THAT VALKYR ARROW BLA BLA" <3 skilled mirana players.

I prefere dota and i wouldn't pay 30euros or w/e just to get a game thats the same shit... L2 get Garena if you whine about bnet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 pm 
Ex-Officer

It's not only the same heroes, there are several original heroes. Some heroes are ported and actually made better without the limitations of the wc3 engine. Clockwerk comes to mind, it is much better implemented in HoN as Pharaoh than it can ever be in wc3.
It's also a lot better than dota in many ways, it's not just graphic updates that was added to the game. Not sure why anyone would prefer dota over HoN when they claim it's the same game. The only thing dota has that is better are a few of heroes(Obsidian Destroyer, Pugna, Jakiro, Enchantress, Huskar) that has yet to be ported over to HoN.
The metagame in HoN is also completely different and always changing.

Also, it's currently free to play week if you want to try it. Sadly, you can only play no-stats games with f2p accounts to prevent stat-padding(boosting your own stats with another account). No-stats games aren't really the best place to try it since there are a lot of leavers just like public bnet dota. You still get a feel for the gameplay though.
https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/free2play.php

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 am 

Who cares about graphs really.. oh wait ppl wanted sc2 so much also for just graphs when BW still is alot better for competing soo i guess its the same thing here. And wait counter strike got the same problem ppl started play other shit games when counter strike was a perfect e-sport game and still is imo. Now the US play console games like Halo 3 etc. How can you play an fps game with control pads its just retarted and you can never see the same reflex one shots like you saw every round in counter strike...

I dont care about graphs as longs as it is balanced and has a good game feeling for e-sports. Now dota is an bad example since it is made out of another game so i can feel icefrog maybe wanted to earn more money like everyone els -_- Couse from what i heared he is one of the creators of HoN?

But still its 30$ for a game thats has some updated graphs and features isn't my cup of tea. I would really like to play it just to see but cba i dont play dota anymore either so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 am 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:54 am 
Casual

Not known? Anyone know has anything to do with serious gaming knows HoN. Hell, I've known about it for well over a year by now as far as i can remember, and I hate DotA. It used to be cool like 5-6 years ago or whatever. Aeon, eternal conflict and tides of blood were the shit :D.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:25 pm 
Ex-Officer

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/relatively

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm 
Casual

Yeah, but relative to what? Unless by gaming community you include scrubs playing MW2 on their Xbox and all the farmville people, then I would say HoN is very well known. Especially for just recently getting out of beta.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 pm 
Ex-Officer

As I mention in my previous post, there is a massive support for modding.. This could be the best mod that has ever been created for any game, ever.