[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] X-Realm Rogue Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] X-Realm Rogue Application
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:49 am 

My name is Greg. I'm 34 years old and I live in Bradford, UK.

The character I'm applying as is a gnome rogue called Gomzo (I'd probably switch to a Troll).
I have 102 days played at level 80 and 228 days played in total.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&cn=Gomzo

I'm using the two cookie cutter combat talent builds, one for eviscerate and one for rupture. I always carry a selection of different glyphs to optimise my character for specific encounters. I'm using engineering and jewelcrafting as professions since they provide the highest theoretical dps gain, and engineering has some good utility too.

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/12012/

I've only a few top 50 dps records. The circumstances in which I raid are rarely ideal, we often lack one or two key classes for perfect synergy, and it's not made any easier being the raid leader. The players at my disposal don't adapt very quickly, so we tend to stick to the first strategy that worked rather than refining it or using something new and better for raids dps. I do 10 man raids with a regular group of Estonian friends, and although we're successful by realm standards, it's again difficult to shine as we take the players rather than the classes for doing top dps.

UI screenshot: http://a.imageshack.us/img28/8990/wowsc ... 222039.jpg

My UI is the product of a slow evolution ever since I stopped using the basic UI early in TBC. I make regular adjustments and I'm always trying to optimise the UI to make it as clear and as informative as possible. Often I just make cosmetic changes, like opacity and colour or font sizes, once in a while I'll make a larger overhaul and try out new addons and rearrange things a lot more.

My action bars are hidden since I use key bindings for all my abilities and figured I'd rather see my environment more. I use mouse buttons for my primary attack and finishing moves.

Key bindings:

1: Dismantle. 2: Kick. 3: Gouge. 4: Cloak of Shadows.
Mouse Button 4: Sinister Strike. Mouse Button 5: Rupture.
Middle Mouse Button: Eviscerate. Shift+MB4: Kidney Shot. Shift+MMB: Expose Armor.
Shift+MB5: Slice and Dice. Q: Shiv. E: Fan of Knives. R: Feint
F: Sapper Charge/Saronite Bomb. C: Blind. V: Vanish/Stealth.
Shift+1: Evasion. Shift+2: Blade Flurry. Shift+3: Killing Spree.
Shift+4: currently unused. Shift+5 Adrenaline Rush.
Alt+MB4: currently unused. Alt+MB5: Nitro Boost/Sprint. Alt+MMB: Health Stone.
Shift+E: Escape Artist. Shift+Q: Bandage. Shift+F: Deadly Throw/Throw/Shoot.
Shift+C: Tricks of the Trade focus macro. Shift+V: Potion of Speed. Alt+C: Parachute Cloak

Main addons used:

Deus Vox Encounters
TidyNameplates
Dominos
Pitbull 4
Healbot (for targeting raid members, changing focus, casting tott)
Satrina's Buff Frames
ForteXorcist
MSBT
Quartz
SnowfallKeypress
SunnViewpoint

PvE history and experience:

I started playing in March 2005 and quite randomly picked a roleplaying realm called Earthen Ring (what was I thinking?), but most of my raiding experience has come in WotlK. I raided Molten Core, Onyxia and Zul'Gurub back in vanilla as a rogue, shadow priest and healing priest. Raiding first brought out the competitive streak in me, and I focused on learning how to play my character and class as well as I could. I only played for a few months in vanilla and quit after a belated Ragnaros kill sometime around the end of 2005.

I returned to WoW a few months into TBC and was invited by a friend who had a casual group raiding Karazhan, which we did for a long while. We briefly broke into 25 man raiding and killed Gruul, but soon fell apart as members quit. I was undergeared for most guilds and demand for rogues was very low, so I took a break from the game and vowed to be back for Wotlk.

I returned again a couple of months before Woltk and joined a guild called Keepers of the Oath, a fairly new guild with lofty ambitions. Rogues were still unwanted, but they accepted me as a shadow priest. I was happy for the opportunity to raid, and although the standards were low, the social side was good and I was willing to persevere

In Wotlk I started as a mage, a few months into the expansion became ranged dps officer. A few weeks into Ulduar I switched to rogue and have played rogue ever since. I also became the guild master in September 2009 and remain the guild master and raid leader today. The original GM had quit the guild and transferred realm to join a hardcore guild without any warning. I chose to inform everyone in advance of my intention to find a new guild.

Earthen Ring is a generally friendly realm with a strong social element to it. Unfortunately the quality of raiding is very poor. I've had an interesting challenge being a guild master and raid leader and I had hoped to raise the standards of my guild when I took over, but due to the nature of the realm and the general attitude to raiding, it was impossible to find enough good players to make a significant difference.

My raiding experience in Wotlk is about as good as it can get given the general standard of raids on my realm. I'm missing a few 25 man kills and achievements, no Algalon 25, no Yogg+1/0 on 25 and no Black Proto-Drake, no heroic Lich King or heroic Halion on 25. I've cleared all 10 man hard mode and heroic mode content including Lich King and Halion on heroic mode.

Availability and Motivation:

My attitude is that when I put a lot of time into something, I must try to completely excel at it and master it. Very few players on Earthen Ring shared my approach to raiding. I've come to the point where I need to find a new challenge and a much more competitive environment with players who are skilled and use their initiative.

I've a lot of time on my hands and I'm able to raid practically every day at almost any hour (I do need sleep, though). I'm always prepared and do everything to optimise my character, even if it means spending a couple thousand gold on gems for a theoretically small dps upgrade. I keep a constant supply of bombs, potions, flasks and food stocked for 10 and 25 man raids.

I absolutely strive for perfection when playing my character. I've extensive play time and raiding experience in Wotlk as mage, priest and warrior, having played every spec of each of those classes. I felt I should experience all the different roles to see things from differerent perspectives and gain a broader understanding of the game.

Computer Specs:

Vista Ultimate 64bit
Intel E8400 @ 3.6ghz
nVidia 8800 GTS 512mb (thinking of upgrading for Cata)
4GB RAM

My system really never crashes, it's very stable. WoW crashes perhaps once a week.

I have the latest ventrilo and a working mic.

Internet connection:

20mb broadband from o2.
Using a Linksys wireless n router.
I mostly get about 150ms on my current realm. My connection is exceptionally stable, disconnects are super rare. I'd be willing to use a wired connection if any issues arose.

Final words:

My enthusiasm for raiding is as fresh as it's ever been and I'm looking forward to the new content in Cataclysm more than ever. If my application is successful, I can assure you that you would be gaining a very skilled, dedicated and focused player with a lot of gaming experience. I'm generally relaxed and amiable, I aim to excel at what I do but I also keep things in perspective and realise that ultimately WoW is a video game and the people I play with are real people and not pixels on a screen.

I'm happy to answer any further queries or provide any further information you need. I'd prefer to give out my contact details in private if you need them.

Post subject: Re: X-Realm Rogue Application
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:09 am 
Casual

Nice application, and +1 for being a gnome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 am 

Need.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm 

Is it really possible to migrate from a RP server to a PvP server nowadays?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:40 pm 

It is possible. I don't remember when they made the change, but it's been a long while now.

RP realm is just like a PVE realm with more cybering. So I've heard..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm 
King Crab

since 3.0 or so
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5720&sid=1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:06 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

I heard something about Cyber, where? WAS I TO LATE?

ot: n1 app though, and since your from the UK. That means that we might have ourselfs a new Tomevil? Or well, not new as Tom can't really be replaced but you catch my drift. Anyhow gl

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 pm 

Hmm, that thread only says that RP doesn't have any impact on the server's PvE or PvP status, yet there are servers like The Venture Co. that are RP-PvP servers. Shouldn't a server listed only 'RP' indicate that it's a RP-PvE server?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:33 pm 
Casual

can migrate from any EU server to any EU server, nps

i migrated from talnivarr to ravenholdt (rp) and back