[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Diablo III

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo III
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am 
Ex-Officer

About time this game gets it's own thread!

Blizzard announced that they have updated their system checker so make sure you run it again for Diablo III beta!
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 4&sid=3000

Post subject: Re: Diablo III
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 am 
Casual

I agree, can't wait for this game.
Will be so much fun again playing coop and hunting for items :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 am 
Casual

I was looking forward alot to it aswell, but after watching and agreeing to:

I lost abit of the hype for that game :( Will probably still try it out thou :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 am 
Casual

Think that rant was pretty bad, I just view it this way:
Of course blizzard introduces the real money auction house (rmah) to make some more money and not because they are concerned about their players going to shady sites.
Preventing people from going to shady sites also makes them money because they will have to deal with less hacked accounts ;)
They are a company with shareholders, they aren't some tree hugging hippie cult that only want to make their most diehard customers happy (those diehard customers will buy it anyways even after all the crying).

Blizz could also put part the rmah revenue back into development of diablo 3.
Sure diablo2 still got patches after the release, but besides the expansion pack there weren't real content updates.

About paying-to-win, diablo was never about world first competition or super serious pvp.
So if someone buys items it will hardly do anything to my gaming experience.
I will be playing with friends and people I have met online, just killing some monsters and having fun.
Pvp will be done through match making so chances are you might not even meet these pay-to-win guys because they are out of your matchmaking (item)level ;)

People might put all the good items on the rmah instead of on the gold ah, but then I will just build up some e-balance by selling items/gold on there.
This way I can buy those items from the rmah without putting real money into it, so basically it would just be the same as getting it with gold.

Two downsides I can think of when it comes to the rmah are:
1. Greed, people will be less likely to give away items when you play with them because they might make some money when they sell those items.
This will come down to selecting the people you play with and nowadays in games people are generally dicks anyways so I don't expect much from randoms even if items weren't worth jack ;)
2. Nagging feeling, what if some pro items drops that might sell for a decent price but is also cool for your char?
Now you are confronted with a real life decision in a game, make money or enjoy the item.
I think this will be the hardest part (for me) to get over :)

On other points:
No mods, ye no shit it's all online how would they make that work? afaik it was illegal to mod in diablo2 but they just didn't care so many years after the release.
The less code the hackers have to work with the better imo :)
Blizz might also add some more content because of the rmah revenue... or at least we can hope.

Always online, well this might not be super when you've got a bad connection and play hardcore mode but besides the fact that diablo is the most fun with friends and other players it's also 2011.. internet is everywhere.
Blizzard handling all the scripts/game info on their servers will also dramatically slow down the hacking of the game.
Hackers won't be able to test their hacks offline first and then go on and refine them to not be spotted online, so it's riskier for them.

Customization and skills, diablo 2 wasn't all that great on customization as these nostalgia heads make it out to be.
You put enough in strength to make sure you could wear your 'end-game' stuff an then added some dexterity and put the rest in vitality (and/or some in energy if you need mana).
You saved skill points till a high level (rushing to a high level only took a couple of hours) and then you picked some skills and spammed 2-3 the rest of your char's life.

Diablo 3 will be awesome, don't let all the raging guys get into your head.
It's the same for every game released nowadays and every patch to ever hit wow, people cry and think they know best.
In the end they still play and enjoy the game.

So that was a bit longer than expected hahah :D
Going barbarian in release most likely, what about you guys?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:21 pm 
King Crab

I get the feeling totalbiscuit likes to bash good/hyped games just because it will give him more pageviews.
same as with him quitting wow over blizzard nerfing T11 normal mode content in 4.2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:25 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:38 pm 
Officer

Watch the first 5~ mins of the clip, he has a point

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm 
Ex-Officer

The currency based auction house is a great move by Blizzard and TB is full of shit.

The trading would have happened either way and they would endlessly try to stop it with bans, essentially the same way gold buying works in WoW. Blizzard is just embracing it and earns money in the process. The listing fee will do exactly what it is supposed to do, discourage people from flooding AH and stop people from putting up useless shit. And as Banaj said, people buying stuff for real money will have no effect at my gameplay. The only effect it will have is that I might possibly get some super rare drop and earn some real life money out of it, that's just an added bonus.

The arena rant is just fundamentally flawed since it's the exact same thing in WoW and baddies decked out in best gear might beat some good guys with awful gear, but you will NEVER make it anywhere near the top so who gives a fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 pm 
Casual

Now back to the good stuff...

What class are you going to play and why? :)

Barbarian for me, always play wizardy dudes so I'm going to change it up this time!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm 
Officer

I would like to try the demon hunter :D