[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [WITHDRAWN] Shaman Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [WITHDRAWN] Shaman Application
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:45 pm 

Section 1 - About you

Where do you live?
I live in sweden, Skåne precisely... the part of sweden the northern swedes want to dig away from the mainland!

How old are you?
I'm currently 18.

Female/Male
Male.

What times are you normally online?
Pretty much anytime its raid time and well before that if there's anything to do, arena, 10 mans or other miscellaneous things.

Is there anything that may affect your playing time?
Not really, There might be rare occasions where i go away for the weekends but thats about once every few months.

Are you able to speak, write and understand English for ventrilo and in game communication. And do you own a mic and use it?
Yes, yez, certainly though i typically don't speak on ventrilo during raids unless i have something important to say.

Section 2 - Your Char

Name of your char?
Abstaal.

Your class?
Troll jesus, though some use the term 'shaman'!

Your armory link?

This results in aids any-way i go about it so i'll put resto gear on the armory and type down elemental, i have enhance gear as well but i figure thats the least relevant, Armory will probably display elemental so the resto stats are off.

Head: 21 Crit/3% Crit + 9 Damage/3mp5 + 30 Damage/20 Crit Enchant
Neck:
Shoulder: 24 Damage/15 Crit
Cloak: Flexweave!
Chest: +8 Stats, nothing beneficial to put there really.
Wrist: +30 Damage
Gloves: +28 Damage
Belt: 16 Hit Rating + 19 Spell power
Leggings: 2x 19 Damage + 50 Damage/20 Spirit enchant
Boots: Icewalker
Ring #1:
Ring #2:
Trinket #1:
Trinket #2:

Stats (Self buffed)

-2368 Spell Power
-48.47% Crit
-14.32% Spell Hit (Counting on Shadow priest debuff)
-9.82% Haste
-376 Mp5

I haven't really done a whole lot of 25 mans in wotlk due to the lack of proper guilds on the server, but i hope you pay more attention to the player rather than the current stream of easy-mode epics, gear comes and goes...!

Your preferred talent spec and why?

They are the best possible specs you can have for pve, Improved windfury is useless if you have a frost death knight in the raid,
though there is no way to improve horn of winter so strength of earth is still superior talented, harr harr!

What are your professions and why?
I've had just about every profession bar inscription and i settled on this marvelous combo of herbalism and engineering,
I can easily keep my consumable needs sustained with herbalism while not wasting money, so in a way im also making cash as i farm potions and flasks
since you get primals and frost lotus to sell as you go along your farming.

Then theres the homosexual engineering, shamans are incredibly frail against rogues, even with 1100 resilience i can go down faster than i'd like so i turned towards
the overpowered rocket boots to make my day a bit easier, to be fair though i've saved quite a bit of gold running away from triple drake sartharion wipes as well!
But yeah, the haste enchant on gloves is awesome as well during enrages or just as another dps trinket.

Do you have any resistance gear?
Nay, only hardcore blizzard dancing enthusiasts would bother to get the frost resistance gear, though i've also seen muppet shamans and druids running around
with frost resistance gear and full stamina gems in arena... sigh!

Do you have an WWS log or SS of a dmg meter to show some of your perfomance?
Nay, WWS and recount depend a lot on the encounter and noes, patchwerk doesn't count anymore since its a 2-3 minute fight where you have bloodlust for almost a third of it, heavy cooldowns and crits play a bigger part than your play there.
The golden rule of DPS is your time spent moving versus your time spent dpsing, and as soon as there are heavy movement elements to a fight a lot of peoples dps fluctuate heavily since they don't
plan their movement in advance to maximize their amount of spells cast which results in a significant loss in damage done.

As for healing meters, they're useless most of the time since sure, that guy has 900k healing done while he has 600k in overhealing, that's just a lot of healing and time wasted.
I believe that the important part is that you keep your shit alive, if you're assigned to a specific task you better deliver, then you can take another step and do your job while
helping others do theirs, minimizing overhealing is a big part of this as you both save time, in the way that if you cast a lesser healing wave for 6k on a target missing 2k hitpoints
and didn't need healing then you've wasted your time and mana when you could've healed someone else or prepare for incoming damage by either hotting up or being in the best
position and begin casting your heal before a dangerous part of an encounter, cooldown management is also a part of this, to preserve your cooldowns for when you actually need it.
Shamans who spam or mis-use chain heal fail at a lot of the above and neglect their other heals and talents.

Section 3 - Your wow experience

How long have you played wow?
I started playing a week after release.

What is the /played time on your char?
On my shaman its roughly 270 days, give or take 10 days or so, i've also played a hunter and rogue extensively so its a bit more in total.

What is your previous raiding experience?

I've cleared everything in classic wow, bar for the scepter questline bosses i guess (eranikus? *shrug*)
As for TBC, I did pre-nerf gruul, some very good attempts at magtheridon, they nerfed him while we were progressing on him and we killed him the day after the nerf patch.
We stormed through SSC pre-nerf as well, killing leotheras before the nerfs and then being stuck at the oh so funny vashj, having void reaver down in TK and pre-nerf al'ar at 5% in second phase or something
It was as good as a kill, slash wrist! After that the guild disbanded because the guild master simply didn't want to be guild master and we had no proper replacement after he left.

I did do the rest of TK and then 25 man karazhan on a friends character and to be fair it wasn't much of a challenge except illidan and RoS, arguably mother due to the shadow resistance gear.
I didn't do anything in sunwell at all, as i had lost interest in pve and had no 5's team to play in (Stormscale hype wave ruined our server pvp wise) , i've heard about this m'uru guy and the horror tales of people not managing to hide inside bubbles the size of an auction house at kil'jaeden :<.
I don't know, i've never experienced sunwell but it doesn't sound much worse than the rest of the expansion, though i've never set foot in the instance so i probably shouldn't comment on it.
I did hyjal on my own shaman a few weeks before wotlk (read:nerfed) but unfortunately one could argue that the trash was more lethal than the bosses.

As for wotlk, The only thing i haven't done would be sartharion with three drakes, there was always that one guy who went flame-surfing or chilling in the fissures.

How many guilds have you been in and why did you leave these guilds?
The most notable pve guilds i've been in would be Recurring Nightmare, Durability Loss and Path of Wreckage. They all disbanded one after another so i didn't exactly choose to leave.

Why are you leaving your current guild?
The last guild i was in was a casual 10man raiding guild that eventually disbanded because we wanted to try to make a new high end pve-guild, we merged parts of other guilds,
and it basically failed because we had horrible officers whereas two of them were extremely emo and had bad reputation, which scared off recruits, one of the emos and another guy also power tripped something fierce,
so it was just a matter of time before they killed off the guild they wanted to create themselves.

Section 4 - Why us?
The original idea was that me and two other friends were looking for a guild, and the paladin wanted to try crab people first, but was declined as you had just recruited another paladin and were all full.
So we tried somewhere else, and then that guild was full on shamans but had a spot for him, so he joined there which led me to go back here and give it a shot.

Why should we invite you, what can you offer us?
I've played a shaman for ages, having hundreds of days played and more experience in pve and pvp than one could wave a stick at successfully.
I believe i can play my class to 110% across all three specs since i have a lot of knowledge about game mechanics and other classes in the game, i always try to find new ways to improve my game
where at first glance it looks like it couldn't be any better.

But of course the social aspect is important as well, and by the looks of it crab people looks rather serious about pve but still doesnt appear to border into nazi territory which is splendid... Or am i wrong?!

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?

My strength is that im a troll and my weakness is Cryptonite.

No really! well... My strength is that i always find new ways to go about things from a different perspective and my weakness would probably be that i try too hard,Yeeaaah.

My weakness would be that i dare other people into challenges during farm content, taking stupid risks to deal more damage or otherwise risk dying to achieve something just for the fun of it, though only during farm content!

Miscellaneous

As far as pvp goes, i've pretty much fucked shit up in 3s and 5s during S2 and took gladiator in both brackets, we were the second best 5s team and the only team above us did their very best to dodge us :/.
We were still steamrolling stuff until halfway through S3 when the stormscale hype made half of my 5s team transfer, thus killing off any serious pvp on the server.

I can play all specs to their best extent, though i would prefer elemental over resto and enhance, I could live with enhance but it'd give me aids :<.

Can't think of anything else,

Post subject: Re: Shaman Application
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm 
Casual

Wow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 pm 
Casual

/bow

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:42 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:50 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:18 pm 
Casual

Hm hm Hm

Last edited by Raens on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm 

It is the application form of a guild called Flare, And that's where i got it from, Emphasis on I, Maybe they took it from someone else... maybe not. But the only thing that matters is where i got it from, it is also the guild Kozu, the paladin who wanted to come here joined as well.

And yes, some questions are removed/altered to make it more appropriate, I think the one you find most daunting is the one asking about if you have taken breaks from WoW before, I'm sure you have seen what i have written in response to it, If you spent more than ten seconds googling key terms of this application and didn't just jump the gun on accusing me for copy catting.

From my point of view the answer is irrelevant due to the nature of the circumstances at that point in time, But if you wish to take it up in more detail you can always send a pm and i can explain everything in more depth.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:48 pm 
Casual

Copying a template != copying an application. To be completely honest it might even make it better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:53 pm 
Casual