[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Zara Disc Priest

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Zara Disc Priest
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 pm 

I'll cut straight to the important stuff.

- Are you active (available to raid 5-6 nights/week)
Every night bar wednesday night when i'm at american football training (also sunday morning)

- Do you have excellent gear (Tier 7)
It's all pretty much T7 standard or better
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... arr&n=Zara

I have two sets of gear, one stacking haste (around 18%)
Another for set for crit. Depends on my job.

Currently disc spec for MT healing, lots of damage mitigation etc. great MT healer (in my opinion).

- Do you have a microphone and use ventrilo
Yes, happy to speak and have input where wanted.

- Are you willing to use pots/flasks on a daily basis
Anything to get back into raiding seriously. Havent been seriously playing since TBC till now.

Thanks,
Chris

Post subject: Re: Zara Disc Priest
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 am 

Name: Chris Wilson
Internet: 24mb BB, havent DC'd in a long time
PC: 3.2ghz e8400, 8800GT gfx. I built my computer for fps gaming a couple of years ago.
Character: Troll Priest
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... arr&n=Zara

History:
I began playing wow about 4 months before TBC came out. I played with a few friends casually at first and got to arounf 45 before TBC. During TBC i rerolled mage and went through all the TBC high end content with a guild called Dragoon Evolution on Terenas. I was an officer in this guild.

I gave up wow for a short while before wotlk and only started back up again a couple of months ago in which time I have played very seriously.

I have been looking for a decent raiding guild since I hit 80 and now that my gear is all around t7 standard or better I decided it's time to apply.

I would consider myself a very friendly and dedicated player.

Playing Disc Priest:
Alot of people would shun a disc healer, especially for high end raiding but I have found it much to my liking. Having spent alot of time as a holy healer I am sure this is a real step up. Especially for tank healing with it's great damage mitigation potential.

Outside WoW:
I play american football for Nottingham under 19s (as QB). I am in 6th form studying maths, physics and further maths A-Level. At the end of this year I will leave school and take a year out before going to university. I am planning to go to uganda for a while during this time to visit some family friends and help them to run an orphanage they have set up.

I don't have any recent pictures of me online, but i'm 6'1 and built like you'd expect for a QB.
This is a picture i took the other day

i also like to drink but strictly after raids.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:41 am 
Casual

Your armory shows your haste gear i presume... But out of curiosity how many t7.25 pieces do you have?
Are you willing to spec Holy?
You wrote that you did all of TBC high end content... Does that mean muru + Kj pre nerf?
Why did you quit playing wow right before Wotlk ? And can it happen again?

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 am 
Casual

More questions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 am 

Are you willing to spec Holy?
Yes of course, I do enjoy playing both holy and discpriest, I think most of the reason i enjoy disc is because it's different (and penance is imba)

You wrote that you did all of TBC high end content... Does that mean muru + Kj pre nerf?
I quit before the last island came out which i forget the name of.

I downed the Eye and Magtheradon and my guild finished BT although i wasn't involved with that raid. As I mentioned this was on my mage (Kosis - Terenas) When I started this character I sold all his gear and gave gold etc. to my brother who had started to play on that realm.

Oh I ran ZA aswell with limited succes, my guild on that server was going through a hard time trying to recruit tanks.

Why did you quit playing wow right before Wotlk ? And can it happen again?

At that time my grandfather died and my mum moved in with my nan for about a month to support her. I moved in with my dad and he didn't have and refuses to get an internet connection. I informed my guild at school and resigned myself to not playing wow.

I then continued my leave of absence just over the exam period in january. Normally I continue to play during exam periods, but just for raiding and not farming rep etc.

Your armory shows your haste gear i presume...
The armory page is updated regularly but I imagine it would be clear looking at it to see what gear I was using.

I have ~18% Haste (13% crit) with haste gear and ~21% crit with crit gear (10% haste) (all unbuffed)

As for t7, I find alot of the t7 gear to have stats similar to gear of the same item level from naxx 10 and definatley worse than naxx 25 gear. If neccesary I can run a load of HCs and grab the T7 chest with little effort atall. I'm open to suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 am 

- I wasn't clear that by T7 standard I meant gear similar to rather than T7 specifically