[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [WITHDRAWN] Xivaz Holy Priest (X-realm Magtheridon)

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [WITHDRAWN] Xivaz Holy Priest (X-realm Magtheridon)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm 

Character Info:
Character Name: Xivaz
Class: Priest (Holy and Disc)
Armory Profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Xivaz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talent Spec:
Holy Main Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuZfx ... uAo:0NpVMz
Disc Duel Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuhhV ... xtc:bAmVMz
Why healing as priest? I don’t like DPS; it can be fun and apart from some encounter based techniques, it is always the same. Priests have always been the class with the widest arsenal of useful healing spells. The diversity is what attracts me. Despite earlier claims during TBC about priest being underpowered, I think we have always been on top of the healing chain and still are. At least my priest was, and still is.
Holy Points spent: (only explained choices that differ from lesser players)- Inner Focus (1/1): Some priest skip it, but I find it way too good for only 1pt.
- Healing Focus (2/2): I didn’t use this before, because most spells were instant and pushback got nerfed. But now that PoH is castable on multiple groups, imp.concentration aura no longer always there as 1-2 paladins provide enough raid buffs, plus Mimirion = brutal pushback, I choose to spent points in here.
- Desperate Prayer (1/1): Another good survivability tool; binding heal doesn’t cut it on the move, PoM/Shield/Renew/SoL/HPstone have their limitations. This spell helps to survive even more damage.
- Surge of Light (1/2): Invaluable. Ace for building up serendipity stacks, healing while moving, life saver cause of the fast reactive healing and no mana! Only ignorant people skip it. I crit enough and therefore only need 1 point.
• Some holy points will be considered if some hard encounter favors it. That would be talents like Spell Warding (self protection vs magic), Inspiration (anti-physical raid damage), Body and Soul, Unbreakable Will and Lightwell.
Disc Points spent: = Cookie-cutter spec, same for its glyphs.
Holy Glyphs:
- I prioritize hymn of hope over flash heal because most of my flash heals are SoL procs anyway. Hence why this glyph gives more mana.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Background Info:
Occupation: Former Student, working part time atm, will bother with education again when I turn 21.
Hobbies: WoW, Football (both playing myself and watching), Music and beer.
PC Specs:
Internet Connection: Very stable, I never ever disconnected during a fight.
Graphics Card: GeForce 8800GT, 512MB
RAM: 4,00GB DDR2 (800Mhz)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 (3 Ghz)
Working as a Team:
Can you speak on Ventrilo? Yes, and not shy.
Do you respond well to criticism? I believe so ye, but expect to get back my version of the story if I feel it makes sense and suits the situation.
Do you feel as though you rarely make mistakes? No, but I always learn from one, and never repeat the same mistake. When I make one, I’ll do everything to figure out what happened and make sure I deal with it next time. When I can I try to offer helpful advice.
Raid attendance:
Detailed schedule:
- Work: Saturday, and sometimes Friday or Sunday till 17:00. Every Thursday evening + once in a month some other weekday (usually Tuesday) evening till 22:00. The rest of my working hours won't affect my raid attendance.
- There will always be an AFK message from me if something urgent hinders me. If personal circumstances would lead me to prefer not to be there for a raid, I’ll still be there to see if I’m needed.
- Sometimes social duties popup that I can’t get out of. But that would be either weekend or something exceptional.
Brief History:
Vanilla WoW Launch:
Started with a group of rl-friends and later on resided mostly in casual or semi-hardcore raiding guilds until the honor changes screwed things up. Too many fags cared too much about loot and should've collected some epic Pokémon cards instead. I play for the fun and the challenge and not for the loot. In vanilla I got to see everything up to, but not including C'thun.
The Burning Crusade Guilds:
- Metamorphosis (Outland): When I joined meta it consisted of a good mix between hardcore and casual raiders. Later on it changed into too many casuals and especially the healer-core was very poor. The guild held on to a policy that allowed a lot of slacking and people with miserable attitudes, way too old fashioned for TBC. Gimps and ghetto setups resulted in canceled or bad raids starting late, and that really took away the fun as raiding is very important to me. I left after months stuck on Kael.
- Almost Skilled (Frostwhisper): Transferred there because I needed something that would satisfy my raiding lust. It turned out very well, but Illidan was a disappointment in my opinion. The first kill felt great but that feeling was lost quite soon after because the fight was such a joke and deffo not harder than the Kael encounter. Having not much to do than clear those instances over and over again and a couple of other reasons (education and technical problems) made me quit the game months before Sunwell got released.
- Ave (Magtheridon): Regained interest in the game as Sunwell appeared to be a success, I figured WoTLK would level with the same standards, and at the same time I got invited for WotLK which looked very promising. Applied to Ave (August 2008), as it seemed to be one of the better WoTLK guilds. It was a reroll guild with my well geared priest as one of the few exceptions. Did everything, from Karazhan to Sunwell Plateau, though we were limited by time and gear so SWP was post nerf.
Wrath of the Lich King Guilds:
- Ave (Magtheridon): Have been sticking with Ave, and enjoyed my stay a lot. I have seen many people come and go, including the founder and GM of the guild. Loved the philosophy of the guild but as expected it was no longer the same guild. We haven’t ever been close to imploding but the after giving it a chance, I figured the current leadership doesn’t take enough responsibility for the course of the guild. Or at least it no longer fits me.
Consumables and Finance:
I’m alchemist so consumables are always with me, I use Flask of Distilled Wisdom, and Flask of the Frostwyrm, or elixirs. And of course always have my own food buffs. Money for repairs is no problem.
Knowledge, Therorycraft and Tools:
- Good performance in raids: I've always been healer and gained a lot of experience from raiding. Always trying to push my performance to a higher level, whether that includes reading up on elitistjerks, working on my UI, analyzing WWS logs, analyzing my own frapsed gameplay, obvious learning from mistakes, whatever it takes to be the best at my job. I really wish to see as much endgame content as possible and I hope I can share that desire with the rest of the guild. Though I realize that is nothing to be proud of (even though I had 5-10 fps back then) but just something I'm capable of to give you an indication (for what it is worth). I also do not claim to be the best or anything alike. Like all normal human beings I can make mistakes or lose focus. But when I'm at the top of my game I can so my part.
- Good attitude: I'll (almost) always come prepared for raids and with a good mood; all I care about is giving my best and having fun. I don't have this obsession with items that so many people seem to have. Of course it is nice, shiny and cool. But the epic feeling of downing a tough boss, or seeing somebody getting a well deserved item, is worth a lot more to me.
Well this was the information about me. If you still consider me, I'd like you to discuss some of my worries/questions with you and ofcourse you can forward yours as well. I hope this will do for now. Feel free to contact me by email, msn or invite me for a ventrilo interview. If you don't at least keep me up to date of when to expect an answer and just leave this hanging for 48hours+ I'll assume you're not interested.

thanks for reading

Post subject: Re: Xivaz Holy Priest (X-realm Magtheridon)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm 
Casual

Oh a priest! But not a black one :(

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:05 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

wtb niggers ye

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm 
Ex-Officer

Yeah, we're in need of priests so you'll need to wait for Yuvo to give an appearance.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:52 pm 
Casual

I love you.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm 

Contact me ingame for a chat.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:53 pm 

What music do you like ?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 pm 

non-nigger music

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm 

quite a lot actually, in particular all kinds of dance music from electro house to cheesy trance.

p.s. wheres the edit tool?

pps: im a big fan of Teletubbies

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:55 pm 
Ex-Officer

Disabled by default for non-members to prevent them from correcting embarrassing mistakes