[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Springroro[Holy Pala]/wintermoo[Shadow Priest]

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Springroro[Holy Pala]/wintermoo[Shadow Priest]
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm 

Hi guys and girls, thanks for taking ur time reading this. It's a bit complicated in this application coz I will apply as 2 characters. Hope it's not bothering too much.

About me irl:

Name: Lin

Nationality: Chinese farmer in UK...hardworking in wow. I live in Glasgow atm which is a cold dark but fun to live city:P

What I do: I am starting my own online store selling handmade crating items. So basically I work at home and have flexible time to play wow at any time especially till late night. Besides this, I'll need to get dinner and some housework done b4 raiding. I may need some social break at weekend but my bf also plays wow so most of the weekends we just sit in front of pc and play wow together lol.

Ingame info:

1....Name: springroro-BE holy pala(main)

Armory link: for some reason I cant open the armory page atm, so I'll juz post my beimba link first which can show my gear etc almost in the same way. I can change the link later if required.
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Talniv ... Springroro
I chose crit gear over mp5.

My spec: Even I have duel spec I rarely do tank or dps as pala coz I enjoy healing all the way since I play wow.

Detailed spec/playing style: 51/5/15
Hmmmm not much to say about my spec coz personally I think all points are spent on the right spells based on my playing style^^ But criticism is welcome!
In retri tree I get Conviction to increase the spell crit by 5%.
In prot tree I get Divinity to increase healing by 5%.

Basically I keep Seal of Wisdom on all the time along with the Glyph of Seal of Wisdom to save healing spell mana by 5% and also to restore mana by hitting mobs while oom(rarely). I judge almost after every cd to get Judgements of the Pure to increase haste. In raid I use holy shock(instant and high crit with my current set bonus,very handy) and holy light most of the time, Sacred Shield on tank and hand of protection on someone who badly needs protection. All my healing is done with the addon healbot so my actionbar shortcut key is rarely used. Only for beacon of light and Hand of xxx spells etc. Sometimes I use Hand of Sacrifice and bubble while tank takes too much damage(like OS 3adds up).

Glyphs(may change):

Glyph of Seal of wisdom
Glyph of Holy light
Glyph of Flash of light
Glyph of the wise
Glyph of Lay on hands
Glyph of Blessing of kings

My UI screenshot:
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9273/w ... 142241.jpg

Addons I use in raid:
Healbot
Grid
Pallypower
Decursive
Recount(sometimes disabled for better pc performance)
DBM
Quartz

Professions:
pala-enchanting 450 with all the wotlk recipes and most old school recipes.
Inscription 447 still discovering new recipes(70% discovered).
Cooking 450 with all recipes.
Fishing 450.
I also have skinning 450/LW 450/herblism 450/alchemy 450(with all wotlk the recipes)/JC400+/tailoring 400+ on my other characters so gold is not a problem to prepare flask, food buff and repairs.

Raiding exp:

I started playing wow about 1 year+ ago when TBC was out. My pala is my first and fav chac.
Classic raid: didnt have a chance, was busy lvling :P
TBC: Cleared ZA and easier raid many times and then tried other higher lvl raids after new patch nerf. Then got all the TBC raid achievements apart from SSC after wotlk.
WOTLK: Naxx10/25(farming),OS10/25(3 adds up), voa(is this a raid?), EOE10/25(got all the achievements), and Ulduar first 3 bosses(10/25). I was in Army and I experienced from hardcore progressing to gear farming. It was boring in the end b4 3.1 patch so I lvled a priest and raiding as shadow.

Guild I was in and why I left:

Reaweaken--the first guild I joined. It was a nice casual friendly guild. They took me to kara for my first raiding exp:D I left Reaweaken coz I wanted more intense raiding, faster progress, and DKP system. I even cried when I left coz of giving up all the nice ppl:S
Army--the well organised and more 'hardcore' guild. Most of the ppl in Army are pro raiders and they taught me a lot!!! As I said above, the guild was going apart coz it was getting boring b4 new patch and ppl started to slack and not showing up at raid time. Back from a month break, many good players already left and even our officers are in new guilds. So I started to look for a imba guild to catch up the progress.

2....Name: wintermoo—BE shadow priest(alt)

This is my new alt in wotlk. I was healer all the time so I wanted to try a ranged dps. It’s fun and very much enjoyable.

Armory link: for some reason I cant open the armory page atm, so I'll juz post my beimba link first which can show my gear etc almost in the same way. I can change the link later if required.
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Talniv ... =Wintermoo

My spec: shadow(main)/disc.

Detailed spec/playing style: 13/0/58
I give up some points from shadow tree to disc tree to get the imp inner fire, fortitude and meditation which can be more supportive to raid group with fortitude and increase some mana regen while in long fight.

As shadow the rotation is key of good dps. I am not sure if the shadow word: Pain bug is fixed or not after the latest patch, (haven’t got the time to read notes carefully). To make the SWP most effective I normally cast it after the other spells when Shadow weaving stacks up to 5. So it’s refreshed by mind flay as its highest dot dmg. This is the only thing I want to specific here. As a supportive class, I tend to do more dps on steady long boss fight. I can be oom sometimes if it’s a really long fight due to low raid dps but Dispersion, Shadowfiend and mana pots can help a lot.

Glyphs(may change):

Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain
Glyph of Shadow
Glyph of Dispersion
Glyph of the Fortitude
Glyph of Shadowfiend
Glyph of Levitate

My UI screenshot:
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2083/w ... 141847.jpg

Addons I use in raid:
ShadowGreenLight(help to max the SWP)
FaceMelter(out of date atm)
Grid
Decursive
Recount(sometimes disabled for better pc performance)
DBM
Quartz

Professions:
priest-herblism 450.
alchemy 450 with all wotlk recipes.
Cooking 428(use my pala to make food buff most of the time).
Fishing 375
I also have skinning 450/LW 450/herblism 450/alchemy 450(with all wotlk the recipes)/JC400+/tailoring 400+ on my other characters so gold is not a problem to prepare flask, food buff and repairs.

Raiding exp:

This is my new alt after wotlk so basically I only did the wotlk raid on this character with Army Guild as well as some pugs. I was lucky to win some rolls in pugs to get my current gear. Army uses dkp system so when I raided with guild I didn't spend my main’s dkp to gear up priest. I should do it if I knew Army would be disbanded. Sigh.
WOTLK: Naxx10/25,OS10/25, voa(is this a raid?), EOE10/25. I was in Army and I experienced from hardcore progressing to gear farming. It was boring in the end b4 3.1 patch so I lvled a priest and raiding as shadow.

Guild I was in and why I left:

This priest was only in Army.

Other:

Vent: I am able to use vent and having no problem to understand anything. But I am a bit shy to talk on vent only if in emergency I will shout:P
Connection: rarely dc, sometimes lag a bit in major cities.
Prepare for raid: flask, food buff, repairs money are always ready.

Think that's all I want to tell u guys atm...thanks again for ur time^^

Post subject: Re: Springroro[Holy Pala]/wintermoo[Shadow Priest]
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 pm 
Ex-Officer

Might want to bind stuff, especially certain things like sacred shield and lay on hands.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:57 pm 
Casual

Declined

Post subject: Re: [DECLINED] Springroro[Holy Pala]/wintermoo[Shadow Priest]
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:55 am 

Thanks for the fast reply. GL and cy everyone^^

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:55 am 
Ex-Officer