[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [ACCEPTED] Hotah, X-realm survial hunter.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [ACCEPTED] Hotah, X-realm survial hunter.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:08 am 

CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Hotah.
Race/class: Tauren hunter.
Realm: Draenor.
Spec: .

Glyphs:
Glyph of Explosive Shot (Major) No brainer! Nice boost to a surv. hunters main ability.
Glyph of Kill Shot (Major) Good glyph for the longer fights in Ulduar, particularly for Yogg-Saron, it's a Kill Shot heaven!
Glyph of Serpent Sting (Major) GCD-saver.
Glyph of Feign Death (Minor)
Glyph of Mend Pet (Minor)
Glyph of Revive Pet (Minor)

Secondary spec: None. Probably going to test the 7/57/7 spec and then make up mind on if it's worth buying. I'm not very much into PvP, so the only purpose of the dual spec feature for me would be a secondary PvE-spec. I noticed your hunters have chosen the spec I mentioned as their second and I wouldn't mind to hear their experiences with it! :)

Pet:
Wolf, specced http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0Md00sc00hok.

Professions:
Leatherworking 407/450
Skinning 450/450
First Aid: 450/450
Fishing: 349/375
Cooking: 165/225

The reason behind the low LW-level is simply that the recipes that I need to have is accesible at this level (bracer- and legenchant) and thus I haven't made an effort to max it. The fishing level came with my constant hunt for Deviate Fish and fishing dailies. Planning to max it within a few days to be able to provide mats for Fish Feasts for raids. Never had any ambition of leveling cooking for anything else than making Savory Deviate Delights, but Fish Feasts is a major thing, so I might eventually level it further.

Amory profile:

Mirror of Truth will be gone next time the Darkmoon Faire stops by. :)

Bindings:
1 - Explosive Shot
2 - Aimed Shot
3 - Steady Shot
4 - Kill Shot
| - Feign Death
Shift+1 - Multi Shot
Shift+2 - Serpent Sting
Shift+3 - Black Arrow
Shift+4 - Rapid Fire + Call of the Wild
Shift+T - Viper Sting
Shift+R - Mend Pet
Mouse Button 5 - Aspect of the Dragonhawk
Shift+Mouse Button 5 - Aspect of the Viper
Ctrl+1 - Disengage
Ctrl+2 - Deterrence
Ctrl+3 - Heavy Frostweave Bandage
Ctrl+4 - Fel Healthstone
R - Misdirection
T - Runic Mana Potion

Consumables:
Flask of Endless Rage, Mega Mammoth Meal, Spiced Mammoth Treats and Runic Mana Potion.

/Played on Hotah:
104 days. I don't have many alts except a druid at 45, a paladin at 46 and some twinks at 19 and 39. I haven't checked, but I can imagine the latter has quite a few days.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Nationality: Norwegian
Able to use Ventrilo/Teamspeak and mic: Yes.

Playtimes:
In a normal week I will be available pretty much every day from 4.00 PM to 1.00 AM. If something special/important should show up IRL that I need to attend I will let you know beforehand.

COMPUTER/CONNECTION:

I'm not much of a hardware geek, so I'll make it short.

FPS in raids: Depends on the environment, but anywhere from 40-90.
Latency: 70-110.

HISTORY AND EXPERIENCE:

PvE experience:

Vanilla: None, except steamroll-runs at 70 and 80.

TBC:

Karazhan: Clear
Magtheridon's Lair: Clear
Gruul's Lair: Clear
Zul'Aman: Clear
Serpentshrine Cavern: Clear
The Eye: Clear
Mount Hyjal: Clear
Black Temple: Clear
Sunwell Plateau: 3/6, never got past the twins.

WotLK:

Obsidian Sanctum: Clear +3D (10 & 25)
Naxxramas: Clear (10 & 25)
The Eye of Eternity: Clear 10 & 25)
Heroic: Glory of the Raider: Completed
Ulduar: 13/14 (25, no hardemodes)

PREVIOUS GUILDS:

Synergos at Dragonblight:

This was my first raiding guild. I joined them when they had just started in Tempest Keep
and the only raiding I had done until then was Karazhan with a friend of mines guild.
I stayed with them until people started leaving and not showing up when we hit the brickwall
of Vashj and Kael'Thas. The guild disbanded shortly after and I moved on to

Dazed and Confused at Dragonblight:

These guys had already cleared Hyjal and only had Illidan left in Black Temple. Needless to
say, it was a huge step for me but I learned a lot about the hunterclass and teamplay/communication.
My first week in the guild we killed Illidan and it was a major boost to my interest of raiding.
When Sunwell was released we went in there and started poking Sarthrovarr and Kalegcos, and yet
again I experienced guildies lacking motivation and people started to leave or not showing up
to our raids. We had a very long time of inactivity, and we didn't return to Sunwell until
the 3.0 nerf. We killed the three first bosses within a week but got stuck at the twins.
I decided to stay for WotLK even though we still had a hard time gathering enough players for our raids,
and when WotLK went live I regreted that because we lost some of our core-members in the transition from
TBC and WotLK. We failed to replace those with players at the same level and as a result we spent
a week on Malygos before we killed him. A short while after having cleared the available content our
guild master decided to quit raiding and I was prepared for the guild to disband. I started to
look for a new guild, and this time I wanted to join a stable hardcore serverfirst-guild
and I ended up in

Chimaera at Draenor:

Chimaera was exactly what I was looking for. Allthough, at some point I realized that I wasn't
really ready to play at their level and I felt more like a handicap than an asset. Luckily
for me the initial content in WotLK was ridiculously easy and there was room for mistakes between
their hasty chainpulls. And mistakes equals learning! Due to my kind of outsider-feeling in the start
I didn't make that many connections, or friends if you will, within the guild. But I continued to
improve as a hunter and a teamplayer and the six months I spent in Chimaera is the best time I've ever
had in WoW. I passed the trial, obviously, and I've always been given a spot in the raids since then.
Progressing in Ulduar was exciting, we got all the server first kills, but shortly after our first
Yogg-Saron kill we experienced general slack and lack of motivation. Wipes on bosses we normally
should've killed on the first try, saying fuckit and killing bosses on easymode after only a few
tries on hardmode. We started losing players and the 20th of May Chimaera disbanded. Some of the
remaining members grouped up in a small guild with the goal of killing Algalon in 10-man. I wasn't
present at the time when the guild disbanded and since they didn't need that many members for a
10-man guild the few spots was taken pretty fast. I'm not really into 10-mans anyways (as you can
see from my achievements), so I chose to look for a new 25-man raiding guild instead of taking a
'part-time' spot in a 10-man guild.

CRÃB PEOPLE:

Why I chose to apply to you:
I'm playing this game because of the 25-man raiding content. I want to experience as much as possible of it with others who share my dedication and interest in being one of the first to beat whatever content Blizzard throws at us. Until recently I was very happy with my previous guild, Chimaera, but as you know we disbanded. Other than Chimaera there was no guilds on Draenor that I could fit into with my goals. I started to look for a new place to call home on http://www.wowprogress.com and different forums, and Cráb People seem to fit me perfectly.

What can you expect from me?:
A loyal, friendly, dedicated and experienced hunter who always strive to perform as good as possible. I'm not flawless, but when I make mistakes I learn from them and do my best to prevent it from happening again. There's always something to learn and improve and that's a part of what makes raiding exciting for me. If you decide to accept my application you can expect me to stick around as long the guild is raiding weekly and making progress while being one of the top guilds on the server. I'm looking for a guild I can stay with until I someday decide to stop playing, and I hope that Cráb People can be that guild.

Thanks for taking your time to read and consider my application! If if made anything unclear or if you've got any further questions, shoot 'em at me!

Post subject: Re: Hotah, X-realm survial hunter.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:30 am 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

Nice application.
Though, whats up with all the Norwegians lately? they be growin on trees mon.

Ikkje at dt er noe galt me dt tho ^_^

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:15 pm 
Casual

Do you have any WWS logs?

EDIT: Also, am I correct to say you wrote your guild history in Notepad?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:16 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 pm 
Ex-Officer

Post subject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Hotah, X-realm survial hunter.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:27 pm 

Chimaera disbanded? wow this comes as a shock, oldscholl guild :/

good luck with your app