[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Warlock application (x-realm)

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Warlock application (x-realm)
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 pm 

[Note: I have made a Private app before, I got an e-mail from a member not so long ago, to which my brother (who is a tosser) replied that I've quit- which is, to some extent, true. The day 3.1 was released, my old laptop (which only granted me < 10FPS in raids) "spontaneously combusted" probably because I didn't allow it much ventilation, the CPU was beyond 100 C working hard to keep WoW going and the graphics card was on its last limb due to the fact its a laptop with a bad design and I kind of overused it (farming for huge lengths of time on the build up to Ulduar) sooo a waste of £1000+. Since this happened, I havn't managed to get daddys debit card and get a new one, but within 3 weeks (probably around 2 weeks) I'll have a new laptop which should also provide me higher FPS. Since I didn't have a laptop and my dad/brother are selfish bastards, I havn't managed to get on WoW QQ.]

Personal/basic Information:

Name: Alex

Times available: I am available Sunday-Friday from 19:00-24:00 (don't enjoy playing beyond 24:00 but can stay a little while longer). Available most Saturdays too, but prefer not to raid Saturday nights (if progress raid I should be made available 19:30+).

Therefore, I can attent 90%+ of raids which concur during the times I have stated above, although I may be going on holiday at some point in the summer.

Nationality: British <3

Background information: I've always loved to play RPG games, WoW is the first MMO I played that wasn't browser based (Runescape ftw?) - rarely used my laptop/pc for gaming as I just played on games consoles, however, once I watched the WoW South Park episode I decided to give it a shot; I created the Warlock known as Aesza on the Khadgar realm my first and main character (currently Kaiss on Grim'Batol)

Character information:

Character name: Kaiss

Server: Grim'Batol phail QQ

Character class and race: Warlock, Blood elf (yes, I might be a queer)

Armory link: (PvP build, usually logged out in PvE gear though):

Armory is wank soo kind of pointless.. the below will provide a rough indication of specs/gear etc.

Character Talent build and reason behind talent choices:

I currently on live have 0/40/31 build (which was shat on thanks to the conflag nerf a few hours after the release of 3.1 so I won't be using that spec) but when I finally get back on WoW, I will respec to the above spec. Talent choices are pretty obvious, also providing additional utility (can take ISB if I really have to :>).
Secondary spec is Demonology demonic pact raid buffing spec. I can use this spec (at the cost of personal DPS) if needs be, however, as I only have T7 equivelent gear, my Spellpower isn't as high as some.

Glyhps: I'll be using Conflag/Incin/Immo glyphs for 0/13/58 (not 100% sure as to how the Lifetap glyph performs but as it procs from a spell I tend to use when I can't DPS- say if I'm moving - I don't think its ideal compared to the other options). For 0/56/15 I'll have Immo/Incin/Lifetap - obvious choices.

How well would you say you know your class 1-10 (higher=better): 9- I genuinely believe I play my class to the best of my ability and know my class inside out. I often use third party sources for further information if needed so I am always up to date (websites such as MMO-champion, WorldofRaids, Elitistjerks, WoW/WoW eu forums). I play as best I can; even back in BT when I'd spam SB, I'd always be pushing ahead by making the most of basic things I'd pay attention to and maximising numerous minimal effects which stack up: simple things like avoid lifetap when you have temporary spellpower buffs (like a trinket) in use. Ofcourse the priority is to stay alive ^^

Gear information: My gear is around par, it provides me beyond the hit cap (with an IFF moonkin/Spriest). Therefore, I do not need the additional hit talents. Its all 25 Naxx level gear with a few from S3D/Malygos/KT so my gear should be relatively ok.

WWS reports: As I havn't been on for so long, I can't access WWS reports of fights I've done as they are deleted after a dozen (roughly) days. On Patch I used to get around 6-7.5k depending on buffs as affliction, with the changes now implemented and the nature of boss fights, I believe I can do reasonable damage, I can at least assure you I won't slack and I'll do my best whenever possible.

How you play; keybindings and UI:
1-immolate/unstable affliction (macro)
2-siphon life
3/scroll up-shadowbolt
4-haunt
5-corruption
6-curse of agony
`-searing pain
y-curse of elements
t-lifetap
g- shadow ward
f- fear
v- use healthstone (macro)
h- banish
u- curse of doom
f2- PvP trinket
f3- howl of terror
f4- health potion
f5-soul shatter
f6- mana potion/haste potion depending on what I have
shift+3- fel armor
shift+2- create spellstone
shift+f2- mount 100%
shift+f3- mount 280%
shift+w- pet defensive
shift+q- pet passive
alt+`- focus target
alt+1- health funnel
alt+2- use trinket (if applicable)
alt+3- drain soul
alt+4 / scroll back- seed of corruption
alt+5- rain of fire
alt+e- summon felhunter
alt+t- summon succubus
alt+w- summon imp
alt+r- death coil
alt+y- curse of weakness
Insert- Push to talk

-Why aren't qweasd binded? There are times where I must used these due to the fact that I sometimes have to use touchpad (not ideal and it makes movement ridiculously annoying), though I rarely find the need to use qweasd to move, yes I have back peddled using "s" (and suffered as a result)

-Why no ctrl bindings? I don't find it convenient to use control as a modifier.

Those bindings are based on pre-3.1, what are your current bindings? I don't know exactly what my bindings are for my specs currently because I havn't had access to my laptop or WoW and I only had the 3.1 based keybindings for a few hours so I don't know them off by heart (I got the above bindings from my previous application). But the main DPS spells obviously would be swapped, for the destruction 0/13/58 it would probably end up as the above except:
1- Immolate
2- Conflagrate
3- Incinerate
4- Chaos Bolt
5- Corruption (only would use if I'm moving and not casting an instant)
6- Curse of Doom

Last 3 UIs, get a rough idea of what my next will be like (as my last laptop was buggered, I have to make a new one from scratch):

(Taxed the above graphical frames from someone elses UI)

/played: 90+ days

Professions:
Enchanting-440

Alchemy- 450

Cooking- ~400

First aid- ~400

Fishing- 150

(~roughly)

I haz hundreds of flasks/food in my bank which remain unused as I stacked up loads of consumables ready for Ulduar

PvE Progress:
TBC:
up to 7/9 BT prior to those obscene 30% nerfs. This is because I only hit 70 around April 08

WotLK:
Naxxramas 10/25
Sartharion (+3D) 10/25
Malygos 10/25

Achievements:
25 man we havn't really aimed for achievements due to lack of competent raiders which are regulars, as a result, I have very few.

Previous guilds:
I've only been in two raiding guilds, the other guilds I was a part of were levelling guilds which were made by friends/real life friends.

Detonate: I joined this guild around two weeks after dinging 70: I ran heroics (mainly MgT) and geared up swiftly, when I joined them (around April 08) they were at the beginning of SSC and were stuck on Leo (needed Warlock tank; I had to do this). Nice people (so I thought) poor raiders though. The better (not necessarily good) raiders left after loads of drama (t5/t6 loot was given to Officers first and Warglaive went to MT /facepalm) and I followed suite soon after the release of WotLK.

ReunÃŽon: Many friends there, raided around 4 nights a week on progress, rarely had a full raid and there were around 7 core players (including me) who carried all the others, that is why I left :<

Eon: Joined them after leaving Reunion, after around two weeks, my laptop died (as stated previously) and the guild, since then, has broken up most likely due to a lack of raiders.

Why Cráb People? I want to raid with exceptional players and enjoy the raiding; this means that I won't sacrifice my life or raid until obscene times (like till 02:00). I'm looking for a dedicated 25 man raiding guild who aim to complete the PvE 25 man raids that Blizzard creates, doing bosses on hard-mode rather than farming normal mode and avoiding hard modes.
I'm not sure how raid spots are sorted (rotation or competition?) but I can assure you I can attend pretty much all raids and I can pull my weight :o

How did you find out about CP? WorldofRaids and through Wowprogress.com

Computer and Connection: (These are the decided specs of the laptop- ordered):
2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
3gb ram 800mhz
ATI mobility radeon 3650 DDR3 (doesn't seem very good, but its better than my old 8600m gt so should cope nicely- for me)
Windows Vista
17" 1440x900 (used to use 15.6 soo even though 17 sucks, I'm moving up in the world)!
Inbuilt mic (yes will have vent etc)
up to 8mbit internet connection, in reality around 4mb: stable.

Further information:

I have no doubt I can perform to the required standard, I do make mistakes but I try my best to perform well and I learn from my mistakes; if there is any spot for ranged DPS in raids I believe I can fill it: with the buff/debuff system as it is, there is little reason to stack class x over y (generally, though some classes probably have been shafted, again).

I can offer sustainable and high raid attendence (very rarely issues come up) as well as strong DPS. I don't need to be spoon fed information and can research things when needed, effectively, I'm ready for anything coming and I am always prepared. Out of raids I'm relatively sociable and ready to help people if needed. I take constructive criticism well and like a good laugh
I appreciate your time and I'm sure you loved reading my wall of text (sorry about that) and please don't flame me for my mistakes (probably many mistakes there) and I'm sure this app makes me seem like a cock... I'm not though :<
kkthxbai

P.S As I said before, around 2-3 weeks before I'll have a competent PC and have WoW sorted (ability to log in, transfer, specs, tactics for bosses and UI/keybindings) I understand that may be too long, but the app was worth a shot! <3 Until then, hai thar Cráb People, and good luck on teh Hard-Modes (lawl@mimiron hard mode.

- Teh nasteh warlock Aesza/Kaiss

Post subject: Re: Warlock application (x-realm)
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm 

gotta say, that's a nice application

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm 
Ex-Officer

Rainbows!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:52 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 pm 

does make it look fancy tho :)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:54 pm 

pwetty colorz ;3

Goodluck ;D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 pm 
Casual

Miba approves of this UI.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:59 pm 
Ex-Officer

Enigma.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:21 am 
Casual

Your accepted. Get your laptop and transfer!

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Warlock application (x-realm)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:37 am 
Casual

So. Back from Shawshank Redemption and ready to post.

Glyphs: Life tap is (far as I know) the best lock glyph out there. Better than incin (which is about tied with immo). Immo/conflag/lifetap is what people seem to be using. With the fairly recent incin buffs, that might constitute a large enough part of your damage to make it better than immo, but I doubt it. And what about demo? Your using fire for demo spec? Wheres the FG glyph?

Discuss!