[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Hunter Application.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DECLINED] Hunter Application.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 pm 

Since I found out there simply was no Application Form to fill, I decided to steal one. /blush

Character Name: Molag

Character Class: Hunter

Character WoWArmory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... rr&n=molag

Character /played: 11 days, currently rerolled from alliance.

Character Talent Spec: MM/SV
Please link your spec:
Survival:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml ... 3135301321
Marksmanship:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml ... 0000000000

Why have you chosen this particular spec (DPS/Healer/Tank):
I started of as Survival since I've heard and read on decent forums that Survival was the best way to deal damage.
I read alot from Lactose on ElitistJerks. I reviewed his talents glyphs and tried to form it after my own preference to deal the most damage.
I think I spent around 200g for respecs while playing as survival.

Marksmanship. I haven't really got much to tell here. I recently bought dual spec to try marksman out. The reason is simply that I talked to some Method guys about it that really was insisting this was the better alternative in Ulduar. I haven't really tried this in raids since I don't have a guild to raid Ulduar with. So it's just me and the good ol' Dummy in OG. BUt I can tell I provide more or less the same damage as I do in Survival.

Give us a little background on yourself: My name is Elias Rodman, Ad for now I live in sweden. I'm studying at High School to hopefully be an engineer in the future. As for gaming I've been doing it pretty much since I was a little boy. I started off with playing stategy games like Empire Earth and it soon went over to RPG. I played diablo untill Warcraft 3 was released. I can still remember the late nights with battle.net lol. My friends convinced me to play WoW sometime during 2007 and here I am :)

How old are you? 18

What do you do for a living? Study

What online games have you played before WoW, and on what level? AS mentioned before. Much RPG and strategy, but also elements of FPS games like Call of Duty and Counter Strike.

Hardware
About your computer hardware: Inter Centrino2 Dual Core 2.2GhZx2, 2gb RAM, Nvindia 7800GT

About your internet connection: 24mbit/s

Working as a team

Can you speak on Ventrilo? Yes, I can talk proper English, so it won't sound like Tjernobyl
Do you respond well to criticism (constructive and not so constructive)? Ofc, I've been handling it good. Not only in game but in real life aswell. I think personally that criticism is the was to success!

Do you feel as though you rarely make mistakes? Well all make misstakes and that's absoloutely true. I make misstakes it happends.
But I really do what I can to avoid as many as possible. I won't say I'm prefect tho.

Can you make the times? Any day.

Detailed schedule.

List the days and hours you are normally available. Monday-Sunday: 16:00-00:30

List the things that can affect your availability (job, school, friends etc). Would be random IRL issues, such as family, work etc.

Guild info:

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving.

Used To Could, Sylvanas -
I played as a Paladin back then, we used to raid pretty often, similiar to Cráb, people wasn't dedicated enough to show up on the guild events. So the GM decided, together with the Offciers, to disband the guild.
This was really sad since this guild will be a guild I won't forget in the first time.

Mudkips, Talnivarr -
We were "just" a bunch of IRL friends that recently rerolled Horde, we were pretty dedicated at the start and managed to clear Naxxramas and 3 bosses in Ulduar(10) the second lockout. Some people quit a few weeks ago so we decided to splitt and find our own guilds.

PVE Experience.
List all raid instances and notable bosses you have defeated. (If you have raided pre-TBC or in TBC on a different character, please also post the realm and name of that character.)

Pre TBC: Everything before and 1 Boss in Naxx (Bigglesworth.)
In TBC: Kara, Gruul, Maggy. I never played TBC serious tbh, I had a break between Vanilla and the TBC release.
In WOTLK (25): Naxx10/25, Maly10, OS, VoA, emalon. Also 3 bosses in Ulduar

What do you like about PVE? Progress, there is nothing better, I remember when we used to wipe at Nefarian back in the old days. Such an amazing feeling to down it. I think we had Nefarian as progress for almost 3 lockouts.

What don't you like about PVE? The free Epics, I still remember AQ20, when the bosses dropped blues. I really miss that. /cry
I know it's just a color but the epics are not epic anymore if you know what I mean ;)

Do you have any other exceptional experience (raid-leading, world firsts etc)? I'm afraid not, except being class leader for Paladins every now and then.

Consumables and finance.

List the consumables are you going to bring to the raids.
I'm not bringing something specific but flasks for my own class. Ofcourse will I be able to bring Symbol of Kings etc. if someone needs.
I'm used to having a chef in my raids ;)

Is farming gold and consumables difficult and painstaking for you? Farming gold is never fun I'm afraid, but it's not hard either.

Are you constantly broke?
Depends on what you mean with broke, I can always afford my enchants and repairs.

Knowledge and theorycraft.

Do you read theory about your class? Yes Alot.

How do you keep yourself up to date? Reading on decent websites. I'm also getting alot of advices from Method players.

Which sites and forums do you visit? mmo-champion.com, methodwow, elitistjerks, mmowned

Tools.

Name a few add-ons that are essential for your role in PVE raids. watcher, DBM, Omen

Describe your keybindings: no need for a full list, but give an overview of your most important abilities
and the bindings you have chosen for them.

Keybindings:

I'm clicking 2 spells, call and dismiss pet.

I got all my CDs, spells, pots etc. keybinds

Provide a link to a screenshot of your interface.
http://img7.imageshack.us/i/molagui.jpg/

Reports.
Provide a few WWS reports or some other stats of you in action. This is not mandatory but could help you out tremendously.
I'm afraid I have no reports to show you.

Extra stuff.

Feel free to add any thing you think we might want to know.
We all have got bad days and I can tell you even though it's rare I have them aswell.
This means I might loose focus after wiping from unnecessary misstakes.
As I said earlier in the application we all makes misstakes and I really regret my bad days the day to come.
Note that this DO NOT means I'm freaking out in VEntrilo or in chat. This is between me and myself, you won't notice it.

Do you want to spend some words explaining some of your gear/gem/enchanting choices?
I go for pure agility since it provides me with both AP and crit. I'm also trying to replace most of my haste with ArP since it's providing with more dps.

What's your opinion on learning/progress raids?
People are always learning, it's a part of the daily basis, so I see no difficulties in learning thigs. No matter what it is all about.
Well... I won't learn to like gnomes tho :(

Goal:
Even though it's "just" a game I can take it really seriously. Since I haven't been raiding in any top guild it's really hard for me to imagine any realm first. But if you have to put up any "goal" it would be to help my guild and it's members to the top!

Why should u take me as member?
Since I can be very very dedicated I think I'm a pretty safe go. I might be able to provide you with improved tactics, specs. As I said earlier I spent alot of money to try differents sepcs, even though it ment to only change one talent point it was worth it.

What do I expect?
A good atmosphere, raiding, many laughts and friendship.

Why did you apply to us?
I've been lookign for a solid PvE guild as long as I can remember, I haven't applied to one before though since I waited for them to come to me. Well, the wait is over. It simply didn't worked :P

That's pretty much all I have to share. If somethign is blurry or if you got any questions feel free to reply here or /w me in game.
I won't write my email and/or phone number in public :)

Post subject: Re: Hunter Application.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:18 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:40 pm 

fyi I made a few typing misstakes, I couldn't find any edit button though but It's no biggie :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm 
Ex-Officer

2 Purple gems (AP/Stamina as well), 1 item missing a enchant, 3 slack enchants and an inconsistant story.

TBC was launched 16/17th of Jan 07, you started playing "sometime" 07 yet you cleared MC, BWL and AQ40 within a few days of getting to level 60?

Ps don't lie about what you've killed, we can check achievements.

Declined.

Also for the guys who are lurking the forums, I'm the class leader, Lactose is my assistant!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:20 pm 
Casual

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]