[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Resto Shaman Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Resto Shaman Application
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm 

Personal Information
Name: David

Character Information

Server: Mazrigos
Character Name: Krimsta
Class: Shaman
Race: Tauren, though I model edit to be a Draenei Female :)
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Krimsta I didn't fully work a dual spec out, I had it as PvP resto but after failing Glad I gave up PvP as I was annoyed. I can dual spec Elemental or Enhancement, or an apporative PvE Resto spec if required: I'll let you decide what's best for you, though both my DPS kits are weak.
UI Screenshot: http://img4.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot ... 42602.jpg/
Keybindings: You can see them in the screenshot, they're designed for ease in PvE and PvP. I have all my "ocassional" spells on a A-H listing on my keyboard; A, Ctrl A, S, D, F, G, H etc. Common healing spells, I'm Resto, are placed on 1-7~ generally.
Additional Character Information: Obviously as a Shaman my choices for healing are limited. Outside of using CH my general rotation is RT (for Tidal Waves, though RT is a horrible spell imo) > LHW > LHW > RT. Although I'll have a second for RT, this second allows movement while my GCD finishes.

PLAYTIMES
Usual Playtimes: I have just finished my A Levels so I am available at any, and all, times. Though on sunday I enjoy watching Top Gear, I guess BBCiPlayer sorts out that problem! Therefore, I have no commitments other than a measly saturday job which means absolutely nothing to me now that I have my EMA bonus.

How long did it take to 80: 4-5 days, I had school which hindered me. I played about 4-5 hours a day so I would of - theoretically - hit 80 in 16-25 hours, which sounds about right at 2-3 hours a level.

EXPERIENCE

Previous Guild(s): Realitysucks, Magtheridon. I left this guild because of the constant arguing and bickering between guild members when we were attempting hard modes, I wont mention any names but it was generally between 3 people all the time, which just got annoying to the point of "you go, or I go, I can't stand your annoyance anymore." I left because the demoralisation of bickering and pointless arguments are something progress cannnot require, it doesn't work and the flow and mood of the raid is dampened as an inherent result. I transfered to Mazrigos, though I didn't join a guild, because I had to revise for my upcoming A Levels. I left Realitysucks about 2 months ago which says a lot about how much I want to pass these A Levels well... They are the exams that determine my future and career so seriousness was required, I guess this could also have been a reason for leaving - though it was mostly the annoyance of pointless arguments and bickering.

Previous Experience:
Vanilla:

ZG: Full Clear
Aq20: Full Clear
MC: Full Clear
BWL: Upto Nefarian
Aq40: Upto Huhuran
Naxx60: Upto Gothik, Loatheb and Faerlina

TBC:
Karazhan: Full Clear
Gruul/Maggy: Full Clear
SSC: Full Clear, Vashj killed after MC removal
TK: Full Clear, Kael'thas killed prior to nerfs
MH: Full Clear
BT: Full Clear, Mother killed after nerf
Sunwell: Full Clear - all bosses kill before nerfs

WotLK:
H:GotR complete
10 man Ulduar hardmodes: FL 4 towers, XT hard, Hodir hard, Thorim hard, IC Hard
25 man Ulduar hardmodes: mediocre hard modes at best.

COMPUTER RELATED

Specification: Nvidia 9800 GT, duo core processor, 4 gig ram.
Ventrillo: I have Ventrillo and a working microphone. If required, I can also use Ventrillo to answer any questions regarding my application.

Final Thoughts

Why do I want to join Crab People (is there an inflection?): I would like to join Crab People because I am at the end of my examination period and would like a summer of relaxation playing a good game with, hopefully, people who I could consider friends - or atleast mates. It is not only this however, I would like to join Crab People in the attempts of completing all of the Ulduar 10 and 25 hard modes and also eventually kill Algalon. That's not to say though, that I will quit playing; I will continue to after I make my switch to Cardiff university (.. if I get the results required..).

Why Should You Pick Me? I understand that the Shaman class is currently sub-standard compared to the Priest or Druid at raid healing, and the Disc Priest or Paladin at MT healing but I know my 'niche role' is snipe healing with TW'd LHWs on people suffering high amounts of damage to both support the MT healer as well as the Raid Healers. I've also played the Shaman class since the start of vainlla Wow which shows I'm quite a loyal person to the class - even through it's ups and downs of TBC (Enhancement mainly) as well as the current ups and downs of WotLK (Resto issues). As of 3.2 though it looks as if the Shaman is going to replace the Paladin at MT healing; the critical addition to LHW would give it a 60-70%~ raid buffed crit (for me in my current gear) which means it would be highly efficient with mediocre throughput. Obviously, such throughput can be fixed and substituted for HW usage which will have high HPS as of 3.2.

Thank you for reading, Krimsta.

Post subject: Re: Resto Shaman Application
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 pm 
Ex-Officer

None of your links works, guessing you made this app for some other guild and copy-pasted it here. Got some slacking shamans, good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 pm 
Ex-Officer

Some people are so quick to judge :(

Anyway i cant say were looking for a resto shaman, but if you can surprise me with having a pimp elemental set and would like to reapply as elemental ill reconsider.

Otherwise goodluck elsewhere !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:37 pm 
Casual

That's a bit quick Krunk, considering we have a restoration shaman trial which we're not sure about yet. So let's give it a bit. Also Krimsta, I'd appreciate if you'd PM me your msn or other means of contacting you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 pm 

Is that modelchanging i see?

If so, you do know that running that .exe to hack the wow.exe is against the ToU and can get you banned right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:50 pm 
Casual

ofcourse he knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:13 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:21 am 

Its still dodgy business tho, well its up to you anyhow : )

Goodluck with your app

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:56 am 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.