[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Shadowpriest application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Shadowpriest application
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:23 pm 

Hellu crabs!

Name: Espen

Character information:

Char name: Kahiem
Race & Class: BE Priest
Armory: (Was disc specced when i logged out last, hope it will update soonish).

Speccs: I have dualspecc, ofc. My mainspecc, as you guys might have guessed, is Shadow. Alt specc varies, atm its Disc, but i change it sometimes, i.e. Mana-preserve specc for general hardmode tries etc.

Shadow: As u can see i dont use the cookie cutter 14/0/57, but im still close ;) I havent specced for Inner Focus as it in my opinion isnt rly needed, mana is no issue as a shadowpriest atm. I chose to put 2 point in Imp Shadowform rather than in Imp VE, as the pushback reduction is very nice for my dps in fights with alot aoe damage, and VE doesnt heal that much anyways and then still only my group. This can of course be changed if u guys want, its just the specc im most comfortable playing. As for glyphs i went with MF glyph instead of SW:D, mainly because i rarely use SW:D these days, partly to not strain healers and partly because it rly doesnt do that much dmg, ill rather clip in 2 ticks of MF if i have some spare GCD`s.

Disc/whatever: As said earlier, im disc-pvp specced on my alternate specc atm, this because i lately have started to play some arena with a friend, but as u can see at my rating im not that good at it ;) When not specced disc i usually have some kind of alternate shadow specc here for various encounters, like General Hardmode i.e.

Guilds and stuff:
I started to play wow late in TBC, around patch 2.3 i think. I created this char on Sylvanas, EU and leveled it to 70 pretty fast. Started to raid some Kara and Gruul there, but nothing serious. After a while i got bored there and transferred to Talnivarr due to the fact that many of my RL friends play here, and joined The Trax Clan, a friends guild. With Trax i raided some Kara and Gruul aswell, but became bored fast. Joined the ranks of Army shortly after transferring, and got my first real raid experience. While in Army i did 5/5 MH and 9/9 BT. Right before 3.0 hit i got kicked by Army due to the fact that i was moving and had no internet connection for 3 weeks or so. Joined up with Catch when i got my inet connection up, and facerolled MH/BT a couple of times with them. We managed to kill Kalecgos pre 3.0, and brutallus and felmyst after 3.0. In WotLK cleared and farmed Naxx, OS+3 and EoE with catch. Right after Ulduar hit i got approached by some officers in Catch who werent satisfied with the situation in Catch (due to us being a pure norwegian guild we had problems of filling our ranks with good players, and had to take in some randoms who basicly fucked up bigtime in every raid) and asked me if i wanted to tag along for joining Chop Chop. I did and had a good and fun time in Chop. We downed everything including Yogg pretty fast and started working on hardmodes, which proved to be a challenge. In Chop i soon felt that we had kind of the same problem we had in catch, with good players leaving and be replaced by players not as good. We managed though, but had little progress on hardmodes. In 10 man i have downed most hardmodes in ulduar including Mimiron who even in 10 man is a bitch imo ;)
As of yesterday Chop Chop is no more, and hordeside on this server there rly is but one choice for a active raider, which is u guys! Ive always known Crab People to be a very competent and professional guild, and i would be honored ad delighted to be a part of it!

Playstyle wise i think that im a smart player, i adapt to new situations fast and am a quick learner. I usually dont stand in fire too long and have occationally been known to do some decent dps ;) I like challenges, so the whole hardmode system appeals to me.

UI:
Heres a screenie of my UI, its not very fancy or anything but it suits me just fine:

As for addons i use: Xperl, bartender, recount, decursive, omen, dbm and auctioneer and some bagaddon for reasons of lazyness.

As u can see on the screenshot i have som binds people would call strange, but ive played with them for as long that i can remember and im pretty much used to them. Ive tried to change some of them randomly, but i always seem to end up rebinding them the way im used to.

PC:
I have a Intel Core2Quad@3ghz, with 2gb ram and a Geforce 260 card, which basicly gives me something between 40 and 60 fps while in raids. I have a stable 20/1,5 mbit ADSL connection, a mic, a mouse and a keyboard ;)

Raid attendance:
Ive just finnished my studies annd got my bachelor degree in Soacial Education yesterday (YAY!) and work part time at the moment. This means that i work every Monday evening (I know it sucks, but i cant rly do much about it right now) and 1 Sunday evening a month. Over a course of 12 weeks i work late 1 Wednesday and one thursday, but as said this happens once every 12 weeks. Other than that im single atm which means i have a lot of spare time on mye hands, which i usually spend playing wow. So as u can see i probably wont make it to 100% of the raids, but i will be available most of the time.

Well, that was it for me, i hope and think that i havent left anything out, but if i have feel free to ask me and i will answer u as best i can!

Post subject: Re: Shadowpriest application
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:18 pm 

Yeah, got bored being stuck in kara. When i tranferred to talnivarr i thought this would change, but sadly it didnt so i felt i had to find myself a guild with higher goals/skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

cool, mature and helpful guy, raided with him in Catch and can't really say anything bad about his play style nor personality. Thumbs

Now we just need Ussn !

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 pm 
Ex-Officer

How come you've got jc gem in legs for hit bonus and not in boots where you would get spellpower when you are already hitcapped.. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:46 pm 

Ahh, recent change i gear i believe, must have slipped my sight. Thnx for pointing it out for me :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:00 pm 

I would also like to say i raided quite abit with this guy from catch, and he was a really nice guy who always came prepared for each raid even tho he didn't get a spot most of the times.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 pm 

U must have me confused with one of the other spriests in catch Trond, as i usually always had a spot. Only time i didnt get one was if they were giving the other spriests a shot ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 pm 

Maybe that was eonbarn who didn't get a spot often then? Well, your a nice guy anyway. Goodluck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:50 pm 

Yeah, he hardly got a spot, poor thing :(
Why, thank u very much ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm 
Casual

Like I've already said in other caster applications. Motivate choises of gear and spec, tell us stuff about your class to show us u know what is up, etc. WWS or equivalent is also pretty cool :).